1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Star Wars Villains

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by namesjames, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. namesjames Jedi Padawan

Hi,

I did these a few months back, but just found this forum so I thought I'd share them here. I'd been thinking about designing some SW villains for a while and finally got to sketching out some of my ideas. Here goes

SW Villains

James.
  2. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
  3. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Excellent drawing! =D=

AG88
  4. namesjames Jedi Padawan

Hey thanks!

I also have a Grievous painting in progress, and a Vader piece roughed out too. I'll post 'em up when they're done.

James.
  5. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello namesjames, and welcome to the Fan Art forum! These are awesome renderings/paintings--wonderful use of shadow and tone to get that "ominous look!" You definitely have a talent for designing "bad guys" (and gals!), that's for sure! Which program do you scan your lineart into for painting...? Just curious! The idea for your "parasite" is rather intriguing--sort of goes along with the "Force Vampire" theory that gets a lot of mileage over in the Literature forums... But that's another subject! This is an amazing start to what I suspect is going to be a very impressive gallery--and I'll be eagerly awaiting your versions of Grievous and Vader! Again--welcome!

FF
  6. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    These are great NJ. I really like the design of the Female Vadery girl, that should be her name. I love the detail you put into their costumes, and the fact that each one is so different from the other.
  7. namesjames Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the warm welcome:)

FalconFan - I use Photoshop 7 for all of my digital work. I typically have the line art on a Multiply layer and paint the colour underneath for stuff like this.
  8. namesjames Jedi Padawan

I've added an Advanced Saber Droid to the gallery. It's an idea that I've been thinking about for a while, I was inspired last night to finally get it down on paper and finish it up.
    SW Villains
  9. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah--thanks for the info--we always tend to be curious about an artist's process and media, particularly the digital kind--there are so many programs out there, it's always cool to find out how someone uses them.

And that Saber-Droid is a chilling apparition! Sort of the "Grim Reaper" for some poor Jedi... **shudders** Fantastic detailing on his metal body, and I love the rim-light you have on him here--it's very eerie, and gives an even colder feel to the image--most excellent! Your use of light is exceptional--very cohesive and consistent--and really adds a lot to these pieces. Keep up the great work!

FF
  10. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to Fanarts, namesjames! [:D]

Wow, great start! You've got great talent! :eek:

I can only agree with FalconFan! The droid looks awesome and I love the colors of the background, too! Great details!

My fav one if the woman who looks a bit like Vader. Great design! :eek: =D=

Would love to see more of your work soon! :)

PS: Please don't forget to go back to your first post, click edit and leave a note in the title/header of this thread when you update next, so I won't be able to miss it. :D
  11. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    these are just awsome!
  12. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: Outstanding work. I'm with everybody else, your pictures are fantastic.
  13. Elysiann Jedi Knight

star 1
    they are jaw droppingly good! You have a lovely sense of style, and each character has undeniable presence, I love the barbarian looking dark side bounty hunter, for me it captures the fantasy/sci-fi element which is so great about the star wars verse
  14. DARKMETHOD Jedi Knight

star 2
    wow! nice, very nice.

also welcome namesjames. love the idea of the host sith drawing. the one that takes her ques from vader is also very nice looking.

please post more! :)
  15. namesjames Jedi Padawan

Thanks for all the comments:) I dug out the folder with the rest of my SW Villain sketches in it. I've just scanned them, I'll drop some colour on them and post them soon.

James.
  16. Fenrisulven Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow, these are all awesome! I like the droid the most. Kind of like a mix between Grievous and the Terminator, but still very original. =D=
  17. Ticiano Jedi Padawan

WOWWW! My jaw falling! Excellent illustrations and very impressive gallery of villains!
    Congratulations
  18. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Some of the best pieces I have ever seen. Look like concept art of movie I desperatly wanna see :)
  19. Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Master

star 4
    You are amazingly good. You blew me away!
  20. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    Amazing! The 'female Vader' was so unique. All of your work is very well-done!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.