main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Vs. Star Trek, why the hatred?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by data68, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data68

data68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    Why do alot of star wars fans hate trekkies? This has always puzzled me.

2. Zealia_Feliak

Zealia_Feliak Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2003
    I think it could have something to do with what #1 said in some episode, (this isn't exactly what he said but close to it) "Hahaha they can't even dent our shields, they are using lasers"

Since Starwars uses lasers it is an assumption that the star trek would win a fight against star wars, wich would make the fans mad.

just an idea. I only watched 1 episode of star trek and that had a bunch of mutating furry things with Kirk giving them to the aliens who hate them or something like that.

3. data68

Jul 31, 2003
    SOMEONE ELSE, PLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEE RESPOND TO THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those "mutating furry things" are called Tribbles, and they don't mutate, they multiply. Very quickly.

4. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    cause the trekkies are scared of the Death Star.

5. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    If you want more responses you might want to try posting this in Star Wars Miscellanius forum... It's SW related so I don't think it's JCC material anyway. Just a suggestion ;)
    As for the answer to that, I have no idea. I've never watched Star Trek much, so I can't really form an opinion on it.

6. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm a Trekkie and a Star Wars Geek. I've been watching both avidly since I was like 3 or 4. I've seen every episode of The Next Generation, and most of the episodes of DS9 and Voyager. Don't watch Enterprise though, I find it very bland and IHO, stupid. Love Andromada though, I know it's not Star Trek, but it is Gene Roddenberry. ;) And I've of course seen every episode of Star Wars to the point where I quote all of them as I watch them.

7. data68

Jul 31, 2003
    Right on, Otto_den_Ktulu, I'm a trekkie, too! Could you tell from my name?

8. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I don't hate Star Trek or the fans, its just crap!

9. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    trekkies probably hate SW because they know we have the superior product and the coolest characters.

They also hate us because of the movies...SW has made more than ST has in only 5 movies versus 10 movies and 5 tv series. :p

Just my humble opinion

10. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    ^ Nice one a plausible arguement as to why Star Trek is crap :D

11. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I don't understand. Maybe it's that two "competing" star-related merchandises can't get along?
    I like the Original Trek and watched tNG for several years before I got bored. DS9 didn't appeal to me at all, and the newer series aren't aired here at all.
    Anyways, I like the Klingons especially. They're great. With great Attitude (with a capital A) and a nice language :D

If Trek didn't have Klingons, I wouldn't watch it.

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I wouldn't say I hate ST ... but I only watch it when I happen to be in front of the TV when it's showing, and then again only when I'm sure nothing else remotely good is on. :p

I just find it boring and not too realistic. That's all.

13. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Not too realistic?! And Star Wars is? ;)

I think the great thing that both SW and ST does is that it faces many global/emotional/moral issues within a different world with different people, yet also allowing the watchers to escape in the fantasy of it all. However, I do think that SW faces these things better. SW is also more imaginative, I think. ST is becoming a repition of the millions of scifi shows out there.

I'm both a ST and SW fan, gotta say, but SW has always won with me. :D I mean, let's face it, people, which is cooler? Klingon, or a sith? Federation, or the jedi? No need to even answer those questions. ;)

14. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    "which is cooler? Klingon, or a sith? Federation, or the jedi? "
    Well, in movies any Sith is way cooler than the Klingons, but if we're talking about those EU-darkjedi-13-in-a-dozen-siths, then I'll choose the Klingons. NuQneH!
    And IMO the Federation is as lame as the rebellion, and I don't support either.

Anyways, the best thing in Trek is the Klingon Empire. (I think I'm repeating myself... [face_plain] )

15. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I say not too realistic because it looks too ... I don't know, sterile. And the aliens look like normal humans with face putty. Which they are. :p

16. data68

Jul 31, 2003
    The aliens look like "face putty" because a T.V. budget is not nearly as big as the budget for SW movies (especially the prequels).

17. Lt_Commander_Data

Lt_Commander_Data Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    I don't hate Trek I love it. There are some out there who think SW has been around longer and that ST is a rip-off which is completely wrong cuz Trek's been around since the 60s and SW came out in the late 70s. I love both though.

18. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Why Does Star Trek hate Star Wars

Thats an easy one

When Star Wars came out, it over shadowed Star trek and its Fans and left them as being geeky and unwanted.
    AT the time it was ever so cool to be part of Star Wars and that 20 century fox wanted to see more of Star wars films produced. In the case of Star Trek the company that owed the rights wanted to discarded it forever because it wasn't making anything.
    Thus the fans of ST blames SW for changing Sci-fi forever.
    Also SW at the time was the Titanic version in the 70's
    everyone was talking, watching it and buying stuff - you can't run away from it.

SW didn't really had the Scientific Tecno that Trekkies needed to stimulated them so thats another fact.

-----------------------------------------------------
    AS FOR ME this what I think

All of Original ST,DS9 and films 1-6 are Fanastics
    Enterprise and generation series are good
    but Voyger and the Generation films are so awful they will waste your time so avoid them like the plague.
    I hate Star trek for another reasons and won't start.

As for some of the fans who provoke fights(they know who they are !):
    for the love of God seriously GET A LIFE ! its only a film ! [face_plain]

19. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    My ex was a Trekkie so that's more than enough reason to hate it :p

Seriously I don't really hate Star Trek I just don't find it stimulating enough... all this run the Epsom routers through the jello transmogrifiers ARRRGGGGHHHHH why wasn't that done on the first place to produce a superior weapon... it gets annoying after a while.

I do however adore the Klingon's, Cardassians and the Borg... but then I like the bad guys ;)

20. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    I do however adore the Klingon's, Cardassians and the Borg... but then I like the bad guys

Klingons are not nessarly Bad

see how sad am I :p

21. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    dude star wars will waste star trek.

i want you to name one species that can kill a jedi.

22. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    name one species that can kill a jedi
    Q

nuff said

23. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I did not know there was hatred between the two groups. I love both Star Wars and Star Trek (although, I'm a Jedi/Solo want-to-be first). I don't know why we need to compare the two, other than they both are SciFi "space" related........But I think they are more different than similar (in a good way).

Trekkies may not like Star Wars because the Star Trek films were never as popular as the Star Wars films...........But on TV Star Trek rules!! I'm not sure if Star Wars could ever be popular as a TV show. But who knows?

24. DarthArsenal6

Oct 16, 2001
    Well you can look at it now like AOTC cartoons ?
    Haven't seen them personally

Lets not forget also ST fans has also turn there guns on B5 majorly !

25. JawaChef

JawaChef Jedi Master star 3

Feb 13, 2001
    I openly admit that I love both. However, while I love all of Star Wars, I am a very picky Trekkie. I love DS9 and the related novels, while the original series, Next Generation, and Voyager etc. never did quite grab me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.