main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JawaPro, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006

Greetings from the JawaPro - I'm a uni student from Launceston Tassie, and saw enough of your posters and things around the place that I thought I'd join up.

Anyway - throught you guys might appreciate this:

Star Trek vs. Star Wars

FADE IN
    SCENE: Space
    The Enterprize sits stationary in space. The Death Star dwarfs the small vessel.
    SCENE: Enterprize Bridge
    Spock: "The object appears to be a man-made construct. It is roughly the size of a small moon. They do have some primitive technology."
    Kirk: "We should beam over and investigate.
    Sulu: "What about the prime directive, Captain?"
    Kirk: "The what?"
    Sulu (under breath): "Idiot."
    Kirk: "Ok, all of you bridge crew... except you Uhura... get ready to beam over."
    Uhuru (under breath): "Chauvenist pig."
    On the way to the transporter room, Kirk stops off at the RedShirt holding pen and selects one unlucky RedShirt to accompany the brigde crew onto the small metal planetoid.
    SCENE: Death Star Hallway
    Six forms materialize. Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Mr. Sulu, Mr. Chekov, Bones and the RedShirt appear, phasers out and ready. Closeup on Redshirt's face reveals beads of sweat on his forehead. Eight Stormtroopers round the corner.
    ST#1: "There are the intruders. Blast 'em!"
    All eight Stormtroopers open fire. All eight hit the RedShirt. The Enterprize's bridge crew return fire, obliterating the Stormtroopers.
    Kirk: "That wasn't so tough. My shirt didn't even get ripped."
    Bones (kneeling over RedShirt's body): "He's dead, Jim."
    Kirk: "Who?"
    Bones: "Ensign... whatsizname? The RedShirt."
    Kirk: "Oh! Him! Yeah, well... we have more."
    A doorway at the end of the hall slides open. The omnimous form of Darth Vader fills the doorway. He is flanked by two Stormtroopers.
    Kirk (to crew): "Oh good! Another bad guy!"
    Kirk (to Vader): "We come in peace!"
    Kirk (to crew): "Phasers on kill!"
    The Enterprize's bridge crew open fire, concentrating on Vader. Vader raises his hand and dissipates the energy of the phaser beams.
    Spock: "Our phasers seem to have no effect on him, Captain."
    Kirk: "We'll just have to take him out in hand to hand. Use your nerve pinch."
    Spock advances on Vader, makes it about three feet then turns to Kirk.
    Spock (strained voice): "Captain, I am experiencing a bizarre lack of oxygen. I belive this entity is..."
    Spock keels over. Kirk has one of his infamous melodramatic moments, yelling something unintelligible. Kirk charges Vader. There is a brilliant red-white flash visual effect accompanied by a snap-hiss sound effect. Kirk falls down, in two entirely seperate directions, then disolves. His shirt is ripped, but it's too late to save him. Closeup on each of the Enterprize's bridge crew exchanging amazed looks. (Sulu doesn't look entirely displeased.)
    Sulu (into communicator): "Scotty, beam us up!"
    Sulu (to no-one in particular): "I've always wanted to say that."
    The remaining bridge crew dematerialize. Vader kicks Kirks clothes on his way back to the Death Star's command room.
    SCENE: Enterprize Bridge
    The bridge crew race to their positions. Sulu assumes command and sits in the comfy chair.
    SCENE: Death Star Command Room
    Grand Moff Tarkin stands looking thoughtfully at a large display screen. Vader stands nearby.
    Tarkin (to DS gunnery crew): "You may fire when ready."
    Gunnery crew members start pulling levers and pushing buttons.
    SCENE: Enterprize bridge
    Chekov: "They zeem to be powering up zome zort of energy veapon!"
    SCENE: Death Star Innards
    Two precariously placed, unlucky DS crew members cower as a brilliant beam of energy streaks past them down a long tunnel.
    SCENE: Enterprize bridge
    Sulu (yelling): "SHIELDS!"
    SCENE: Space
    Several small beams of energy fuse into one really big one. The beam strikes the Enterprize. Nifty explosion visual effect.
    SCENE: DS Command Center
    Tarkin : "Well that wasn't so tough."
    Vader: "We lost eight Stormtroopers."
    Tarkin: "Well, we have more."
    FADE OUT.

2. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That was a nice piece of parady, even if it's been about ten years since I last saw an episode of Star Trek!

P.S.Welcome to the fold!

3. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for that - Is there somewhere I am supposed to sign up to the Uni club or is this it - just signing up to the boards?

4. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Technically, there are two different forms of membership. The first is to become registered on these boards - which you've already done.

The second part is optional, but highly encouraged! In order for this group to be considered as a club/society at the Uni, we have to have at least ten members signed up. This is for the University only but it means that we can have funding and access to certain things (though we've yet to see what changes will be made due to the Voluntary Contribution thing that went through last year).

During the first week of Uni (O-Week) we will have a table at the clubs & societies area. It will most likely be at the Queen Victoria walk (main 'street' of the uni). There, we will have a sheet of paper to sign. For this there will be a joining fee that is usually $10 for the year (Uni's rules - otherwise we're not an affiliated club).

There will be meetings coming up that you are very welcome to attend. We like to have everybody together face-to-face whenever we can to see what everyone wants out of this fanforce.

5. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Katana Gelder and I will be having stall this Tuesday for O-Week so you can sign up there. Welcome to the boards Jawapro, I look foward to meeting you in O-Week.

In reguards to the topic, I'll definately choose Star Wars over Star Trek, I saw a few of the Star Trek movies and they were alright but it didn't really appeal that much to me.

6. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    I'm not ashamed to be somewhat of a Trekkie, but my allegiences are strongly in the Star Wars universe if it ever came to a showdown.

And I'll have to call in on Tuesday then. I dont have anything to do at uni on Tuesday, but I have to be in town anyway, so I'll drop in to sign up.

JP

7. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Excellent. We're also having a meeting on Thursday 10th March at 10am in the uni library. Look foward to seeing you tomorrow.

8. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Unfourtuantly I have discovered I need to be in town and heading out toward Hobart by 7 in the morning, and I dont know when I'll get back again. What times will you be manning the stall? I might have to catch up with you later in the week and pay up then. Dont forget to take photos of the stall so they can eventually be put on the website.

9. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Sorry about the double post...

My plans have changed AGAIN so I might be able to make it sometime in the arvo now - no promises though.

I might see you then... ;)

10. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    We packed in the stand about half an hour ago, Bit i'll be in the library until about 3.30. I'm at a PC near the scanner and wearing a blue shirt if you want to find me.

11. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    I didnt get back until 4:30 :_|

But I still want to join the uni club.

12. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    We have a meeting at 10-12 i8n the library on Thursday.

Come then and join.

Viceroy and I kept on asking where you were BTW

13. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Sith Spawn!

The one day of the week where I dont have to be in town :_|

I'm not sure if I'll make it or not. Half an hours travelling each way and the associated petrol costs sort of discourage me from comming into town when I dont have to.

On a better note, my Mum said she'd sign up with you guys too. She's studying Nursing again (did it years ago before she became a stay-at-home mum). I doubt she'd become a particularly dedicated member or anything, but it'd increase your numbers a bit.

Lol, Mum has uni tomorrow - I could send her to sign us both up, but that'd seem a little lame [face_talk_hand] but if you want the numbers quickly, I could ask her.

14. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Okay, she can come along in your place and sign you up.

Will you be able to come to the trivia night on the 17th?

15. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Kool, I'll give her a ring and tell her to go to library and try to find you guys.

And yeah - the trivia night sounds fine.

16. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    My mum went to try and find you guys, but failed :oops: but apparently she wasnt the only one. She did manage to find someone else who was looking for you guys.

Lol - sorry.

17. Amaya_Unduli

Sep 13, 2005
    Err...That's kinda good news (the fact that somebody else was interested).

18. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Lol - yeah - but it would have been better if they could have found the group ;) but at least it means that the interest is out there.

By the way - someone changed the navigation on this site - we used to be able to click on a Tasmania link to jump back to the main page of the forums, but it has now been replaced with a link to 'Taz Jedi Force, Hobart contacts'. We should definatly have that link somewhere, but with no easy way (that I've found yet) to jump back to the Tasmanian boards, it gets a little annoying.

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    That was me, I told them to put the link there but they obviosuly put it in the wrong place. :(

Too bad I can't get mod privledges, it would make things so much simpler.

20. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Ye speaketh of priveldges that we mere CR's are unworthy of....

21. ForceChixs

ForceChixs Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    *shakes fist at guys in charge*

The Empire hath sturck again! Tee hee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.