main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by ANakedG, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Greetings
    I am a fan of both and want to know peoples views on who would win if they fought each other. I personally think that Star Trek would win.

2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    If they faught, Trek would win, it would be close, but trek. All around better technology.

3. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I agree with you however i do not agree it would be close i think that Trek could easily beat Wars because if you ever watch Star Trek tere is a interesting charater called Q.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If you're rounding up every single character from both series to stand off against each other, then maybe....there hasn't be any "Q" equivalents shown in the SW universe...but if it was a straight up fight between the Federation Vs. the Empire, or some other combintation (Federation, Klingons, whoever Vs. Empire, Rebellion and a pissed off Ewok), then I'd go with Star Wars hands down....here's why:

Enterprise Captain: We have the Imperial Star Destroyer on screen...hail them for me Sulu/Jordi/Wesley, it is Federation regulation to do so...

On screen appears Vader.

Vader: What is it?

Ent. Capt.: You are in violati...ack...ack...*falls over dead along with the rest of the crew*

Vader: Hmmmm, wrong number. *finds Admiral that put Kirk thru and force chokes him, then proceeds to wipe out the commandless Enterprise*

;)

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Star Wars. Let's see, the Enterprise vs. the Death Star... The Death Star would easily hold the Enterprise in place with its tractor beam. It would then send out tons of TIEs to shoot the hell out of it. Star Destroyers would also come into the area and could prevent anything from leaving. And that's merely in space...

Phasers vs. Lightsabers. Lightsabers. They would be able to deflect the phasers.

Mystical powers? Star Wars- The Force. It is the multi-purpose solution to telepathic power, telekinetics, and trickery. Whoopdy freakin doo about Q. The Force is all-encompassing. As JJJ mentioned, any Trek person could be strangled to death from large distances in the galaxy by a Force user.

Droids. C-3PO knows over 6 million forms of communication. And he was built by a 9 year-old. Imagine if Anakin waited to create him when he was older. Data? Nice way to not age, just kiddin.

Villains. Sith vs. Borg. Let's see, there's this thing called Force lightning that could short out anything the Borg have, similar to the electromagnetic pulse in the Matrix w/ the Sentinels. They could all be destroyed by destroying the communications node. If I recall correctly, a little 9 year-old already took out an entire robot army...

Wise figures. Picard vs. Yoda. Yoda. Need I say more?

I could go on forever, but I'll spare you all. There are so many reasons why Star Wars owns Star Trek!

6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    As these threads are fun and all, they easily go down the dark path quickly...before everyone gets riled up and angry, please try to restrain yourself from flamming each other. I'm not as forgiving as the Emperor. Thanks. :D

7. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Ok Random, Time To Poke Holes In Ur Posting.

Enterprise vs. the Death Star... Good point, but Gordi would easly disrupt the tractor beam with a feedback loop, and if that didn't work, the Enterprise's Shield would EASLY withstand the TIE fighter's fire. And besides, if were going full out war, The Enterprise is not teh only ship in the fleet. Obviously the Defiant or some other ship would help out the Enterprise.

Phasers vs. Lightsabers...Good point but not good point, unlike blasters, phaser can fire in a continous stream, enabling the bean to be moved if blocked.

Mystical powers? The force is by FAR no match for Q. All Q has to do is snap his fingers and boom! The Jedi's sabers are replaced with fish! Q has infinate power and is basically a "god".

Droids. C3PO is only one driod. All the droids that we have seen from the Star Wars Universe are slow moving(with the exception of assasin driods) but cleaver. Data is faster, stronger, and smarter. Plus he has a good sense of humor.

Villains. Sith vs. Borg. The borg would be the obvious vicor. The borg are slow moving but they all massivly charge the victom. One sith vurses ONE sith, no way. Plus inorder to disable the node, you have to be at the center of the ship, like to see a sith get there.

Wise figures. Picard vs. Yoda. Ok, I agree with you on this one, but picard has more hair.

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I'm not familiar with this... Star Trek, is it?

However they all tremble before the mightly sucking power of Mega-Maid and Spaceball One. [face_devil]

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I was talking about individual comparisons, but if you want to make this a full-fledged war where even Jedi and Sith unite to defeat the common enemy of Star Trek, then fine.

Ok, so Gordi disrupts the tractor beam.(You said the Death Star couldn't run both its laser and tractor beam simultaneously because it would drain too much power). Fine, Tarkin then orders the laser operators to "Fire when ready." Goodbye Enterprise. And even if the Enterprised managed to survive a blast like this (extremely unlikely), would its shield be able to withstand fire from TIE BOMBERS and/or Interceptors? They could stop regular TIEs possibly, but if these vehicles joined them, the Enterprise would be screwed. What about concussion missles from the Slave I or the Falcon? I don't think so. What about swarms of droid fighters that recharge themselves attacking the fleet? If you want to make it an all-out war, Star Wars has just as many vehicles, if not more, than Star Trek that are equally, if not more powerful.

Phasers vs. Lightsabers... "Good point but not good point, unlike blasters, phaser can fire in a continous stream, enabling the bean to be moved if blocked." You said bean. I win automatically. Besides, anyone using a lightsaber is most likely Force-sensitive. This means that they could just use the Force to "call" the phasers from their owners before they even activated them. But you say, "And if someone with a phaser should happen to activate it, the Star Wars people would be screwed." Have you ever heard of a little concept called the Jedi Power Run? The Jedi would be gone before the Trek people would realize it.

Mystical powers? You said it yourself. Anakin can fly. He can deflect laser blasts with his hand on Cloud City as Vader. If Vader wanted, he could strangle Q within a reasonable, yet safe, distance. And even in "death," the Jedi become more powerful than Q could possibly imagine. And if Q is so great, then how come he can't single-handedly defeat the Borg? Anakin did destroy the Empire pretty much by himself by killing the Emperor and his own evil side.

Droids. "All the droids that we have seen from the Star Wars Universe are slow moving(with the exception of assasin driods) but cleaver." Fallacy. Droid starfighters, the ones chasing Anakin and the Naboo pilots in TPM, are extremely fast as evidenced by the movie. R2-D2 has some great one-liners, so saying Data has a good sense of humor won't cut it. And aren't pit droids and mouse droids funny too? Plus, there are 4 versions of IG-88 (a,b,c, and d). I'd say that was awfully smart of him. So unlike Data, you'd have to kill 4 copies of him in order to fully destroy him. Plus Star Wars droids don't age. Apparently Data does!

Villains. Sith vs. Borg. "One sith vurses ONE sith, no way. Plus inorder to disable the node, you have to be at the center of the ship, like to see a sith get there." What does this mean? Lol. And getting to the center of the droid control ship wasn't hard for Anakin, I think he could repeat his TPM effort if he tried. Plus, if Palpatine wanted the Borg destroyed, he'd be smarter than to attack their node himself. He'd send in droids to do it for him. But I will give you that this is not a battle droid mission, as they are INTENTIONALLY DESIGNED to be destructible but cause mayhem. Droidekas, who generate their own shields, would infiltrate the node and own it without many, if any, "casualties."

Wise figures. Picard vs. Yoda. "Ok, I agree with you on this one, but picard has more hair." You agree with me. And hair does not make one great.

Mullets. I can even use your own power against you, Mullet. What about Luke's mullet? Palpatine and AOTC Obi-Wan have pseudo-mullets. And Jedi apprentices sport neo-mullets. Are there Star Trek mullets? I don't think so.

Plus I forgot to add another element. Hot women. The actresses portraying Padme, Leia, Aurra Sing, and Mara Jade are extremely fine. I will give you Jeri Ryan, but by no means is Janeway or any of the other females hot. And Jeri Ryan is just one hot chick. I have mentioned m

10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I personally hate Star Trek, so therefore SW ownz overall. Just take a look at the tech - what does ST have that can defeat SW? Nothing. Oh no! Don't pull out the phasers! *Set to tickle* Oh dear! A sith whips out a saber, force pulls poor little Commander whoever of the starship such-a-dorky-name-that-noone-cares and slices his shiny little Mr. Clean wannabe head off. The Force is well, a force to be reckoned with, and NOONE from that stupid so called Trek universe can put up any sort of a fight against that. That's just my 2 cents on it, but a logical 2 cents at that.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The whole Borg issue is much simpler than I thought. I just realized that all it would take to destroy the Borgs' node would be a few shots of an ion cannon to totally disrupt any electronic entity protecting it. Everything would be vulnerable, and one lone snub fighter packed with proton torpedoes could easily blow it to bits. Goodbye Borg.

12. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    You can't force choke Q, he really can't die. He has no throat to constrict either. I am sick of fighting.

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Haha, you give in... Star Wars wins! I have defeated the Trekkies!

14. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Um if you dont mind i would like to assume JediKnightPasJoDacle's position. Star Trek could own Star Wars. Some one mentions the deathstar firing on the Enterprise with its superlaser that would never work out at all. Besides there being a clear warning to the laser fireing becuase of the 6 or so other lasers that so to say charge up. the enterprise is fast enough to get out of the way of the deaths stars beam. Also in star wars you never see the death star turn on its axis to aim which i would deem impossible anyway.
    Lets see and what else did you guys say. oh yes all this about ties taking on the enterprise? They would never win because we are talking about not just the enterprise but several if not hundreds more ships. entire borg cubes we are talking about which have the capability of at 2 times in the star trek series destroying most of the federation fleet "Star Trek First Contact" and Next Generation Episode and Season premiere "I Borg". If you counted every borg cube that is shown in voager alone there would easily be hundreds of thousands of ships. Borg also have the ability to travel through time. they could just go back in time to where in the star wars universe space travel wasnt possible and assimilate everyone. and if that fails once again i say just one letter "Q". and if by some impossible way q is destroyed there is a large community of Q's of which Q himself is just one of them. try logically beating that Random.
    The Naked G

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The Ion Cannon solves everything. Ion cannons are fired at the ST ships. While the ships are disabled, and thus vulnerable, the Death Star and the rest of the Imperial fleet, Trade Federation, Rebel Alliance, Republican fleet, and all the other organizations in the Separatist movement wreak utter havoc. You say ST has more ships than just the Enterprise. Read my previous post above. SW has just as many ships, if not more, than ST. I find counting ships for either franchise impossible, and thus this really isn't an issue. "Borg also have the ability to travel through time." They would have to for this to even take place. SW is a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Think about it, SW technology being that advanced that long ago means that it could have totally evolved even further to today, where any ST weapon would be no match for a SW weapon. (This ownz you, bet you didn't think of this.) "they could just go back in time to where in the star wars universe space travel wasnt possible and assimilate everyone." Let's just say this would disrupt balance in the Force. This as an assumption, but I assume the midi-chlorians (which are found in all SW lifeforms, be it Anakin or the weakest like Jar-Jar) would prevent assimilation, because this would disrupt the balance in the Force. "and if that fails once again i say just one letter "Q". and if by some impossible way q is destroyed there is a large community of Q's of which Q himself is just one of them." I've already said this before, Jedi spirits are more powerful than any Q could possibly imagine. I'm currently adding "The ability to turn lightsabers to fish is insignificant next to the power of the Force." And you thought I couldn't logically respond to you? The Force is strong with me...

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    As JJJ mentioned, any Trek person could be strangled to death from large distances in the galaxy by a Force user.

Did I say that? I don't remember, but yet, I think do...

Dang it, where is my cousin when you need him!? Maybe I'll drag him to the next meeting, and you can talk about it there. ;)

As for me, I have no idea, but I'd probably pick SW. I live with Trekkies, and it's annoying seeing Star Trek being on TV all the time. But mind you, I have only seen a few episodes. ;)

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I realized my mistake after posting that JJJ, it was Sebulba-X who said it, but it was after the edit time, so I couldn't go back and fix it. So I screwed that up. lol

18. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Q cannot be beaten by a sprit of a Jedi no matter what you say. unless jedi have power to overact god then they cannot over act Q in turn they would not be able to stop Q thank you come again.

19. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    A Jedi spirit IS the Force, which is analogous to God in the Star Wars franchise. So you're basically talking about God fighting God. Which is more powerful really could not be measured either way.

20. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    There was a question about the Sith ability to get to the center of a Borg ship. It would be simplicity itself. The Borg assimilate civilations, not individuals, remember? Thats how the Enterprise crew were able to walk around undetected when trying to rescue Picard after the Borg captured him. Plus he'd have the ability to Force choke any who might take an interest in him. Force lightning, proton torpedo, shadow bomb, thermal detonator, whatever you choose. BOOM! I also liked the ion cannon idea.

As far as ship to ship combat, you are comparing the ships wrong (but it could still work in sw favor your way). You say the Enterprise could withstand a Tie with its shields. 1 Tie, ok sure. If the Enterprise ran into a Star Destroyer, you'd have, what, 6 squadrons to deal with plus all the Destroyers firepower? Not a chance. Then there are the Super Star Destroyers & the Death Stars & other superweapons. the Enterprise couldnt survive a battle with a Star Destroyer just as their shuttles couldnt withstand Tie varients (fighters,bombers,interseptors) or the rebellion/republic fighters/bombers.

If you want to talk time travel, with the SW universe being 'long ago', they could just send the Death Star to the Borg homeworld before they got so powerful. One shot with the superlaser, goodbye.

21. Tuebor

Tuebor Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    2 quick questions...

1) The force binds all living things. If this is true what says Q isn't tapping the force with potential that Ani, and Palppy just haven't attained. If that's true one ysslamni ??? (EU fans hook a brother up here) would make Q look like Clark Kent the first he met "Rocky" in the diner!,

2) The Falcon does .5 past the light barrier? Is this the speed of light? Original SW calculated Warp speed as Warp Factor cubed. ie Warp 2= 2*2*2 or 8 times the speed of light. Warp 9= 9*9*9 or 729 the speed of light. Next Gen. increased the mult. to 5. Warp 2= 2*2*2*2*2 32X the speed of light. Warp 9= 59,049x the speed of light. Hard to believe, but that is the claim in the ST: RPGs. If this is true the top speed of the Falcon would take YEARS for Enterprise D and a three hour cruise...a three hour cruise.

I like ST, I'm obsessed by SW, but the Enterprise would literally run circles aroud a SD. Unless, of course, an Interdictor class SD would disrupt Warp drive engines.

OK I'm done because this is too much Math and thinking for Friday morning.

22. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Force choking the Engineering staff would sufficiently disrupt the Enterprise's Warp drive methinks.

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I would like to thank Emerald and Sebulba-X for getting my back, as I've pretty much had to defend SW against multiple opponents by myself thus far. Although Sebulba-X has been chiming in w/ little comments now and then. Once again, an ion cannon would totally disrupt the Enterprise, and warp speed would not be a possibility. Goodbye Enterprise. And as for Q, Qui-Gon says that that the midi-chlorians "let us know of the Force." Can you use the Force Tuebor? Can I? No. No one from our galaxy can, so I don't think Force abilities will just "turn on" by entering the SW galaxy. Q would not be able to use the Force.

24. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Now, let's discuss something a little more real....

Weasel-ly Crusher with a phaser set to kill Vs. a blindfolded Chief Chirpa with a dull spear and a handful of pebbles...who'd win?

Ok, let make it fair, Chirpa's been in the cantina all day trying to out drink Ben Kenobi and has achieved a BAC of .21, and before fighting, Wicket spins him around in a circle 10 times.

My condolences to the Crusher family.

25. DarthPoke-G

DarthPoke-G Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    First off, I thank the Council for approving my return.
    After reading all the replies to this heated debat I've just about died of laughter. Some points are very true, while others are cheap shots for personal pride.
    My conclusion is this. I'm a fan of both SW and ST. There will never be any real winner. Where SW checks ST, ST can check SW in another area. And so the vicious cycle will go on forever.
    But if SW fans want a real verdict, last I knew, someone on force.net is making a SWvs.ST fanfilm. I'm betting SW will win there cause, c'mon, its at force.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.