main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Star wars Vs Transformers

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by falcon_prime, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Star Wars Vs. Transformers.

Or other wise known as... "Oh No... Phil is at it again!"

As you all may or may not be aware... my sci-fi passion begins with Transformers (Then Star Trek... Then Star wars).

Also what you are all probably aware of is the Star Wars/Transformers action figures that are out... yes they are both official Star Wars toys and Official Transformers toys. Of that List I have all but three of the figures. I have the Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Anikin Skywalker, Obi-wan, Boba Fett, Darth Maul, The Han Solo and Chwie two pack, and grevious. The three that I need are jango Fett, Clone Trooper, and Emporer. I have sceen them (today in fact) but lacked the funds to pick them up (sad day).

Something eles of interest. Have you all seen the Attacktix toys that came out last year. It is another miniatures like game (geared more for smaller kids). The game works slightly like hero clicks. Well, a long awaited continuation of the Star Wars Attacktix just hit wal-mart. the INtergalactic showdown set. Darth Vader vs. Optimus Prime, Luke Skywalker vs. Megatron, and the AT-RT vs Omega Sentinal! The Transformers have now hit starwars... again. The Transformers are going to be (for the most part)separate from the Star Wars line... but fully intergchangable.

You all know aobut the Star Wars Titanium series (small Die-cast ships), and you may or may not know that they added Battlestar Gallactica in there too.... Well Transformers cant leave well enough alone... They are going to have there own list of figuers too.

The crazy updates will contiune
    Phil

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Sweet, love the Transformers.

3. TorLinWaDur

TorLinWaDur Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2005
    "Transform and roll out" - Optimus Prime

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    do they have an episode 2 clonetrooper attacktix?

And have you heard about the Transformers revoltech figures yet? They won't transform, but they're supposed to be super articulated 6 inch scale figures.

5. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    I dont know much about the Star Wars Attactix. As far as I know... the only three characters that are packaged withthe transformers that are Star Wars are Vader, Luke and the AT-RT. However I do know that the release of teh Transformers Attactix will be at the same time as the release of the next Star Wars line of Attacktix.

I think I know what you are talking about with the 6" figures in Die-cast. If you are talking about the Titanium series with the base (like Slave 1, Darth Vader and Bosk) They will have a large list of Transformers... many from the comic book series the War Within (the story of the Transformers before they came to Earth). They will be able to transform and have the great amount of detail.

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I have some a couple of EPIII clone trooper attactix if you want them CBM. I was going to collect those but decided not to and went for Vader stuff instead.

oh and Official Site the teaser is out in a few days.

Did anybody see Bumble yet? Looks pretty cool. It's been removed otherwise i'd put it up.

7. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh My! That gave me chills. You all need to click onto that link. I had not seen that yet. Thanks

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    =P~

[face_thinking] The IEFF will be at the cinema on the 6th for Superman followed by Pirates, I wonder if the teaser will show then.

9. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Is it me or is the clock on that website WAY off? It says 5d and whatever else, but it's completely missing the 1y (1 year).

10. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Does that for me too. I bet it will be right after the 4th. I think they were countind days, not years, so it should be 370 days, but its only counting down 5.

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I thought they were counting down to the teaser trailer?

I'm a big Transformers fan myself. I have a few of the SW/Transformers figures but just can't afford them all or have the room. I have Maul, Obi, and Vader.

I have a storage unit filled with toys and about half are vintage Transformers.

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    It's a countdown for the teaser trailer.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    As I thought.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    We rule! =D=

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thinking of all this just makes me want to go to my storage unit and drag them all out.

I believe for the most part my collection is in good condition all except Swoop which my brother broke his head off. A mint condition Swoop goes for about $110, mine probably a lot less, not that I would ever sell them anyway. Poop Swoop.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/swoop.jpg] [image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/swoop_toy.jpg]

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Some News

Apparently the trailer is up, so much for the countdown!

17. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    And where exactly is the trailer? Is it suppose to just start? All they've got up now is the previous image with no countdown.

EDIT: Nevermind. The countdown is playing again, but there's still no trailer.

18. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I watched the trailer last night. It is a great teaser trailer. Just remember the Mars rovers when you watch it.

19. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    where can I find the trailer!

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Transformersmovie.com

It doesn't say trailer they call it announcement.

21. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    I just finished watching the trailer.

Gulp!

Very well done!

I can already tell that continuity is out the window... but they do have to re-start the story... and it makes little sense to start the film in the year 1984.

Here is a question for all... who do you think the bot was on the trailer.
    HMMMMMMM

I cant wait... can it be 7-4-07 like... RIGHT NOW!

22. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    I just did some research for this movie... and I have concerns.

The best name in the film so far is the executive producer Steven Speilberg... Films that he has produced...
    Monster house
    Munich
    memoirs of a Geisha
    Legend of Zorro
    The Terminal
    Men in Black II
    Jurassic Park III
    AI
    mask of Zorro
    Men in Black
    Casper

Second best name in the show... Michael Bay (Director)... other films he has directed.
    The Island
    Bad Boys II
    Pearl Harbor
    Armegedon
    The Rock
    Bad Boys

Music will be done by Steve Jablonsky... what he has done as head composer...
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The beginnings
    Metal gear solid 2: Substance
    an episode of Desperate Houswives
    Threshold
    The Island
    The Amityville Horror (2005)
    The Contender

the main writer wis Alex Kurtzman
    Star Trek XI (not out yet... That is a great idea of a movie... cant wait)
    Legend of Zorro
    The Island
    and several episodes of Alias

Roberto Orci...
    Episodes of Alias

and John Rogers
    Catwoman
    The Core
    American Outlaws.

23. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    The reason I posted the previous lists... was to kinda show that I am concerned with who is doing the movie. The only common ground I see with most of them is Zorro! What will save the film is if the three writers did a lot of work on the research of the characters and previous stories. I like Michael Bay. A very good director and I like the movies that I listed... I just hope that his work on Peral Harbor and Armegedon will have preped him for the task... and if he isn't I hope that Speilberg kicks his butt on a regular basis.

Speilberg will save the film... that is if he did some research on the Transformers world.

With what little they have put out... so far so good

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Whoa, those are some stinking writers! As for the music guy, darn it, lets hope he doesn't mess up the title song and lets hope they dont get some crappy teen/college group do do the theme.

25. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    I agree. If the second or two of music that we heard is consistant through the movie... then it should be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.