main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Star wars Vs Transformers

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by falcon_prime, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I wish they'd not use existing American Cars for this, They are from another planet, last I checked they dont sell well on earth let alone another planet. Did they scope out earth and think, that looks cool, rebuild me to look like a camero.

2. S_C_A-lexander

S_C_A-lexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    Dude I can't believe you said that, Phil you got to tell him the story!

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    [face_laugh]I see some people still don't understand commercialization. Not only does the Camaro look cool (IMHO), but the point of putting it in the movie is to get people interested in it so they'll want to buy one. Just like the James Bond movie that had an overglorified car commercial right in the middle of the movie (the car chase in the snow), the Transformers movie will do a lot to get the modern Camaro right in front of peoples faces.

Despite what they may say, the whole reason for putting that car into the movie is to drum up sales. Most people don't look beyond the looks of anything. That combined with "It was in the Transformers movie" is probably enough to get sales higher.

4. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Dude, I agree. The original reason the Camaro and Firebird disappeared was because Mustang was outselling the combined Camaro/firebird 2 to 1 at least. Though the Camaro and Firebird out perform the Mustang it was impossible to compete with the price versus performance. Being that there is a huge blockbuster movie coming out about vehicles that transform it was a shoe in for chevy for two reasons:

1. The car will be out there like no other, great advertising opportunity,

2. the fans of the transformers are mostly of the age where they are capable of buying cars, and what would be cooler to a geek than, "dude, I drive bumble bee!!!!"
    I would expect that once the car hits the market and the movie posters are out there will be a lot of yellow Camaros out there.

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Bumblebee will never be a camero in my eyes. [face_shame_on_you]

I just dont want to see a glorified car advertisment. I wanna see a good transformers movie.

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Exactly and it would totally not fly if BumbleBee was a yellow Volkswagen beetle. How many guys want to be caught in something like that?

Then may I suggest you don't go see this movie opening weekend. I'm not saying it will be a glorified car advertisement, but I'd wait for the reviews to roll in before seeing it.

Me, I'll see it either way :D

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Maybe they'll put a pink car in for the girls that are of the car buying age? :eek:

[face_praying] I hope it's good. Just dont want them changing too much about it. At least it's lookin like we'll get the proper voices.

Who else is signed up for it now?

8. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    So much to comment on....

Yes. The car people will use the Transformers movie to advertise the cars that are currently on the market. Excpect the robots in the movie to turn into modern cars (strange that the they are not talking about using the current VW bug or the mini cooper for bumblebee).

Off the wall bumblebee comment... Generation 2 Transformers season Bumblebee was a sports car for a short time. Strangly the sub group that he belonged to at the time was the go-bots. (another story for another time).

A pink car for girls... I hope not... but if they did her name would be RC. They have been there and done that. (I do not wish to scare anyone... but I heard that at one point they were considering putting her in the film.)

Marketing... As I said before, the car companies will do what ever they can to use the film to sell cars. But selling cars was not the original reason the Autobots turned into cars.

The story of the Transformers coming to Earth... according to Marvel comics, and the cartoons.

4 million years ago at the height of the war between the Autobots and Decepticons Optimus prime leads a group of Autobots on a mission. (the cartoons say to find more energon and the comics say that the planet was going to be smashed by asteroids so they had to clear a path for the planet to pass through.) Megatron leads a group of Decepticons to destroy the Ark (Primes ship) and all the robots on board. The Decepticons board the Ark while the Autobots are at there weakest and attack. Prime sees that the fight is hopless so he crashes the ship on to the nearest planet in hopes that Megatron would be stopped there. All on board (autobots and decepticons) are turned off... for good. Until! The volcano they crashed into on this blue green planet (Earth) blows its top shaking the computer system, causing into re-activate. The computer sends out probes to get raw data on the most evolved life forms on the planet to use as blue prints to make up for lost data on the crew of the ark in hopes to repair them. The computer only recognized the machines to be the highest forms of life so it used cars, planes, trucks, guns and tape recorders (guns and tape recorders?) as a model. They were all repaired and started their war on our world (sorry I had to use the promo line).

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Vader style..nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

The DVD website's been updated some more.

News

Some accurate and some inaccurate in the above article but interesting tid bits none the less.

10. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    interesting

11. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    http://video.accesshollywood.com/fullscreen.html?id=76200654654171

Check this out

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cough

and

Cough

Check them out before they are gone! Only rumor, could still be fakes.

13. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Am I the only one that can't see anything on this video? It says "loading" for a long time and then nothing else.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I got the same problem on those too. :_|

15. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    sorry about the load time. It worked for me... kinda. The clip may not be there any more. I dont know.

The U tube stuff was interesting. The Truck with the flame paterns on it I have seen before. It was listed as a possible vertion of Prime. I hope not. The transformation cycle is unique. Not supprised.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
  17. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    http://video.accesshollywood.com/player.html?dlid=25436

try this one. It is a new and even better clip. It looks like we have a constructicon (I heard that it will be called Devestator and not be a combiner).

And that black truck that was roumored to be Iornhide?

Bumblebee or sunstreaker?

18. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    I have just collected the altimate transformer... the planet CYBERTRON! AKA Primus!

19. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    Hey all....

Let me know if you want me to do this or not...

I would like to offer a little information about some of the transformers characters to all of you... one character at a time. How I would like to do this is you would all give me a character, and I will give as much detail on that character as I can. We could even discuse the character...

This could go over as a big hit... or a big flop... so I leave it to you all. If you are interested... give me a character (or Transformers topic) and I will get to work on it right away. If this is a waist of time... let me know that too.

Thanks
    Phil

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Optimus Prime.

21. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Ah! beat me to the punch!

22. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    Optimus Prime.

Common Quote: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Common Function: Autobot Commander

Optimus Primes history starts out long ago on Cybertron as an energy storage whearhouse manager by the name of Orion Pax. Very kind and not willing to believe the roumors of the Decepticon attacks on small out skirt cities. Megatron changed all of that when he took control of the factory and nearly destroyed Orion. Five mystrious Autobots (later would be remembered to be the Aerialbots) rescued him and took him to Alpha Trion (along with a female Autobot who becam Alieta One and another robot who would later be known as Ultra Magnus). Alpha Trion saw that Dion (the other male robot) and Orion both had great potential for leadership. He turned Orion into Oximal, who would later become a file clerk in the city of Iacon. Oximal had become bitter to the fighting and had ideas of how he would end the war. He would get his chance when the Autobot council of elders called Oximal and bestowed the Autobot Matrix of leadership to him. Optimus Prime was born. He quickly came to understand that his plan of packing all the Autobots up and leaving cybertron to the Decepticons was the wrong plan. Megatron would not stop with this one world... he would continue on. So Prime made a stand with the Autobots.

Earth... Optimus was called to save the planet Cybertron from an asteroid field. Prime knew that this job required his best... so he gathered a team together and boarded a massive state of the art ship called the Ark and proceded to clear a path through the asteroids. Megatron took advantage of the Autobots weakend state and attacked as soon as Cybertron was safe. Prime knew that they were beaten so he desided to crash the ship into a small blue green planet to end Megatron right there.

4 million years later he was reactivated and rebuilt to resemble an 18 wheel tracker / trailer.

in the year 1999 Prime and all the other transformers were thought to have been destroyed by a freak shuttle accident. However he was reactivated in the year 2002 by Spike and the US government. The Transformers lived!

Three years later Prime was struck down by Megatron. Prime passed the Matrix to Ultra Magnus, then he died.

One thing to learn... Optimus does not stay dead very well.

The next year Prime was turned into a killing machine by the Quentisons and then Back to full power to lead the Autobots... then dieing again, passing the Matrix back to Hot Rod.

After some time It was found that there was a chance to bring Optimus back... again. So Goldbug took Primes remains and softwear to the planet Nebulos, where a scientist named Hi-Q Assisted in his reconstruction by way of the "Power master" method, where Hi-Q became a partner with Prime assisting with all of his power needs. This Prime was also a Tracker / trailer, but this time he had a second robot form that combine the trailer and cab to form the first of many super modes for Prime. Later he would get a second trailer that would turn into "Apex" armour for the super mode.

Much later the transformers were faced with the return of Unicron. Prime used the Matrix to destroy Unicron, but the energy release detroyed Powermaster Optimus, leaving only Hi-Q alive. Remeber... Optimus does not stay dead. Hi-Q had some how downloaded Optimus into his own brain... Hi-Q was now Optimus... After that he used what would be known as the Action master process to become a robot again... but instead of turning into a truck (or anything at all for that mater) he would drive a truck. The War had ended! Or so he thought...

Alternators. Optimus had become aware of Decepticons hiding on Earth. Prme did not want to alarm the humans so he and a select few Autobots reformated themselves to look like perfect cars... Prime bacame a Dodge Ram.

Generation 2. Prime returned to his Original Tracker Trailer form to fight the second generation of Transformers (siding with Megatron to do it). The Matrix re-formated him into a semi truck with a giant c

23. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    And just imagine what his therapy bill looks like!

24. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    How about Tigerhawk?

25. falcon_prime

Jun 2, 2006
    Tigerhawk.

Common Quote: "Vilence witll not be tolerated - Surrender or be destroyed."

Common Function: Vok Emissary

Tigerhawk was a character of saddness. He was not a typical transformer in his creation. His story starts with two Maximals locked deep in the Beast Wars. A male and Female known as Tigertron and Airazor. The two robots were sent on a mission to hunt down Predicons and to scout for alien activity. Unfortunatly for the two (that were falling in love) robots they found the alien activity. Strange vines grabbed the two and with some kind of transportation technology they were sent to a different dimention known as Zexus Zero. They were held there (in stasis lock) for about a year. The Vok (the alien race, with the apperance of robot ghosts) saw that the new Megatron was going to disrupt the time line by using the spark of the original megatron to win the Beast Wars and prevent the Autobots from coming on line and defeting the Decepticons. The Vok desided that Megatron must be stopped... so they took the two sparks (Tigertron and Airazor) and merged them into the new robot... Tigerhawk!

Tigerhawks programming was simple. Terminate Megatron. As he recognized Optimal Optimus as being a force of good, it did not stop him from beating the tar out of him when he objected to the destruction of the new Megatron. Tigertron was knocked out and dragged away by Tarantulas, before he could carry out his primary program. The crazed spider scientist wanted to remove the Vok from within Tigerhawk with the goal of using Tigerhawks impressive power against them. Unfortunatly for Tarantulas, the Vok did leave Tigerhawk and came after him. Tarantulas paniced and acidently blew himself and the vok up... just as Cheetor pulled Tigerhawk out of the lab.

Tigerhawk had some issues with his programing after that... but soon remebered Tigertron and Airazor. Tigerhawk was a Maximal then!

Tigerhawk quickly learned all about the massive array of powers that he held... including power over the weather (Storm from X-men... eat your heart out!). There was only one thing that could stop him... and it did.

Megatron dresurected the Decepticon flagship Nemesis. With all the original Megatrons weapons... Tigerhawk held the ship off singlehandedly for quite some time. Unfortunatly it was not long enough. Megatron Destroyed Tigerhawk.

Back at Nexus Zero the Vok (being transdimentional creatures) also sent tiger hawk to a diferent time... but alowed him to be controled by Unicron. Tigerhawk was then called Razorclaw. All of the power of tigerhawk... but a Decepticon instead... not just a Decepticon... but now, the Decepticon leader! Here he would face his long time friend Optimus Primal in the largest scale war sinces G1! Little to nothing is known about the out come... But I would say that it is likly that Primal found a way to destroy Razorclaw and Unicorn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.