main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars vs US

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RAYNAR_THUL, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAYNAR_THUL

RAYNAR_THUL Jedi Youngling

Jan 22, 2002
    Ever think about it? Believe it or not, I think we'd stand a resonable chance in an atmospheric or ground battle, if there was no jedi there. I mean, an F-14 can fire a Phoenix missile from nearly 100 miles away at an X-wing or something, it has sheilds, but itcould do damage. A sniper could take out troops from a few miles away, and ICBMs (InterContinental Ballistic Missile) and nuclear missiles, nulear bombs, and hydrogen bombs could do considerable damage. All the long range missiles we have could take out SW people before they could even see us.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Watch Independence Day. The starfighters are faster, more powerful, shielded, etc. etc. etc.

3. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    1. DO you mean us, or U.S.?
    2. Proton torpedos are nuclear weapons.

4. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Are you joking???

The best a sniper-rifle could do would be a distance of perhaps two miles and then only if it hits the weak parts of the stromtrooperarmour.

Missiles would be taken out by aircover or useless, because the AT-ATs would be to close for the own safety of the defenders.

Not to forget the possibility of an orbital bombardement.

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    if we are talking ANH time, the US wouldn't even be the US, and Columbus wouldn't have got there yet. Somehow, I think SW would win :)

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Ever think about it? Believe it or not, I think we'd stand a resonable chance in an atmospheric or ground battle, if there was no jedi there.

Before or after the orbital bombardment? Lacking planetary shields, this is how it would start. And once they have hammered all of the military installations and missile silos into slag, then they'd start landing their troops. This of course comes after their spies have infiltrated out networks, learned to understand the limits of our technology, and put their agents in a position to hamstring us when they're reading to start invading.

I mean, an F-14 can fire a Phoenix missile from nearly 100 miles away at an X-wing or something, it has sheilds, but itcould do damage.

Unlikely given the explosive power of a proton torpedo, and that an X-wings shields are designed to withstand that force, a Phoenix would probably do very little.

As good as an F-14 or an F-22 may be, they would be no match for the Howlrunners, E-wings, A-wings, etc. we'd be facing.

A sniper could take out troops from a few miles away,

They will have snipers also. And artillery and mines and thermal detonators. Plus, their advanced medical technology means that soldiers will be back into the field faster. They also have body armor, assault droids, tanks, etc.

and ICBMs (InterContinental Ballistic Missile) and nuclear missiles, nulear bombs, and hydrogen bombs could do considerable damage.

Meaningless. Since nukes are hazardous to both sides, and with their ships in orbit will be shooting them down as fast as they are launched. And if we want to utilize a scorched earth policy with nukes, I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige us.

All the long range missiles we have could take out SW people before they could even see us.

Missiles are usually anti-vehicle/structure/city devices. They have mobile capital ships with shields and energy weapons that have ranges measured in tens of thousands of kilometers.

Watch Independence Day. The starfighters are faster, more powerful, shielded, etc. etc. etc.

Exactly, and I bet their shields won't be taken down by a silly virus. Ugh, that was dumb.

7. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Sorry for the double post,

Reaper,

...and Columbus wouldn't have got there yet.

Got where? Columbus never discovered America.

8. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Dude, you're fansisizing way too much. Think about it as in Starfighters of Adumar, their ships were: unshielded, slower, less agile, and their missiles didn't do anything.

And yes, are we talking before or after the orbital bombardment?

9. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Yeah, the Asians and then the Vikings got there WAAAYYYYY before Columbus did.

10. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I know that, but I was emphasising that they haven't even got to the Last of the Mohicans time yet :)

11. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Columbus never got there at all. He was busy slaughtering a race of indiginous natives known as the Arowaks in the Carribean, the same way that fellow scum like Pizarro and Cortez did with the Incans and the Aztecs.

EDIT:

RF: Oh, Okay :)

12. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm sure Mel Gibson could organize a counterstrike led by Kurt Russell, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis and utterly annihilate any invading forces.

13. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000
  14. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    come to think of it, I doubt the Vikings would have got there yet either :)

15. Gimli_the_Horrible

Gimli_the_Horrible Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    It's Vjikings! :)

16. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    What about the Native Americans? They're kinda like the Yuuzhan Vong probably were. :p

Why does the US think they can solve everything by killing ppl?(or more specificaly, Bush)

17. brandon_duncan

brandon_duncan Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    Well im from canada so , the first thing i would do would get on the goodside of the invaders so they will leave us canadians alone, hahhaha its fun being a peace keeper

18. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Well there is truth in this. A f-14, f-18, and f-15 are definetly better equipt weapon wise then ties. However like we pointed out they have
    1.Better sensors and Manuverbility
    2.Long Range Planatary Assult Weapons

Yet consider the following,

The US could invite say the Empire and surrender the planet to Imperial rule. In truth we may be able to catch say up to a Carrack of gard and destroy it with ICBMs. Our Ground forces could eaisaly take on the Empire. Plus, the Empire's scout forces(such as those used in the UR) are small with less fighters and not as heavy Turbolasers. In realaity the US could do one of 2 thing.
    1. Pretend to engage in peace then wipe remanding forces out.
    2. Accept heaveir long term Imperial rule and then stage a uprising.

I think about this alot in truth.

19. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Depends,
    I think the US would have a problem if the big bad ball would come rolling but not if some ewoks just would begin to throw stones at the american army. After all unlike the imperials they have Napalm.

20. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Hey Brandon, I'm from Canada too. Maybe if we sent the invaders some cards and flowers...with hockey sticks in the bouquet, of course... ;D

21. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    If an ewok can kill a stormtrooper with a frgiggen rock, than I think a 12 gauge shot gun would do something to his armor.

22. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    We never saw the Stromtrooper getting killed (although knocked out from the battle) and one of the YJK-novels describes Stormtrooperarmour NOT getting pierced by a spear thrown by a droid, although the kinetic energy was enough to sent the trooper flying through the hall.

I also would like to advise some people to take a look at the following site:

http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF

23. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I do not accept the Battle of Endor as being canon.

:p ;)

24. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    It wasn't the rock that killed the trooper, it was the vine to which the rock was attached, which twisted tightly around his neck, that strangled him.

25. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Interesting site i must say...i shall spend tonight reading it...heh...heh...heh...caffINEE!!!...sorry...been watching Zim...anywhoo...

i have a counter site...while you used logic and facts...i have World Wide Web Fights: John McClain v. The Death Star...the empire wouldn't stand a chance...

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/mcclane-deathstar.shtml

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.