main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars Wedding

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Corey Mills, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello all, I am having a somewhat Star Wars themed wedding in December and I am looking for ideas. I say somewhat because I was vetoed by the fiancé for a full Star Wars wedding but was approved for some aspects.

I am looking for any easy and/or cheap ideas for decorations, themes, etc.

Also I am trying to do some special things for the wedding. For instance I am going to contact the 501st to see if I can get some cosplayers to come to the reception and interact with the guests. I have read up on some of their terms and will be emailing them at the requested 6 month mark.

My biggest idea is to see if I can find a local R2 builders club here in Louisville, KY and see if they would be willing to bring R2 to the wedding to "walk" down the aisle. Not sure how feasible this is, but I am going to try.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, thoughts, etc.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Congratulations! Did you plan to have a groom's cake? You could probably express your Star Wars fandom with that. Star Wars music at the reception obviously.I'll have to give your wedding some thought. There are no R2 builders here in Louisville to my knowledge.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Again, congrats!

If you come up with any ideas-- please share ( I'm jumping the broom soon myself). I'd like to incorporate the Warz too. Ms. Jammies did get me some nice Falcon cufflinks for the tux that day.
    -Jammies

4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh this sounds Star Warzee! Some Yoda Soda in the punch? LOL!! Seriously I'll think on it as you all don't want to go whole hog Star Wars... it won't be easy. LOL!!

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ooo...Star Wars themed refreshments...good idea.
    Star Wars cufflinks...classy. That might be a good groomsman present if you plan to have any Corey. Maybe lightsabers for a military style sword salute or mock battles at the reception?

6. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Not sure about a grooms cake. But we are designing the wedding cake with a Star Wars theme. Already have a great topper. I will try to post pics later tonight. Also have a Star Wars garter. Lol. It's very nice. As for refreshments I hope to get some of the Han Solo in carbonite ice cube trays and pour chocolate in them. Maybe even white chocolate to make them look better. We will have lightsaber hilt napkin holders with red, green, blue etc napkins. I'm thinking of getting the groomsmen fx sabers as their gifts. But open to other ideas. My biggest goal is to get an r2 unit to come down the aisle but that may end up as a pipe dream. Thank for all the ideas. Keep them coming. :)

7. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Is it possible to post pictures in threads?

8. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yup.
    There is a "Insert Image" button, or I just copy and paste-- works for me.
    [​IMG]

9. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    my groom's cake was a bust of darth vader, done in red velvet but with black icing.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    my groom's cake was a bust of Vox licking black icing.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  11. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Hmm I cannot post pictures, no insert image button, and my Ipad wont let me paste. I will try from a computer later.

12. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
  13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Great topper!

14. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
  15. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Good for you!
    (My cake topper idea got vetoed :( )

MTFBWY
    Jammies

16. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Well got some good news this past weekend. The 501st will be attending our wedding. It should be very memorable.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good news indeed!

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The newest Star Wars Insider (#151 August/September) has 5 pages worth of Star Wars weddings in it, including Tim Rose's (Admiral Ackbar). It just hit my mailbox yesterday so it should be on the shelves soon or if you want to get together sometime I can let you have a look-see.

There was also a small feature about cufflinks.com and their licensed Star Wars line. Looks like some nice stuff on their website.
    http://www.cufflinks.com/star-wars.html

19. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Those cufflinks are all amazing. I am not sure what we are doing for cufflinks as of yet but those are great. We are on the final countdown for the wedding. The 501st has graciously agreed to make an appearance and now we have a lead for R2 to make an appearance. It is so amazing the groups of people we have met and become friends with because of Star Wars. Thank you everyone.

Here are our save the date cards:

[​IMG]

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Very cool!
    Maybe after things slow down after the wedding you can come out to one of our events. Would love to meet you in person.

21. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Sure that would be a lot of fun.

22. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Alright we are down to the final stretch. 1 week to go! Very excited about our mini Star Wars Celebration, lol. Unfortunately our quest to get R2 to appear was a bust. We had someone from Nashville that seemed interested but we lost contact. Oh well it will still be a day long remembered!

Here are our programs.

[​IMG]

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That turned out great! Well done!

and don't forget to give us the post event report :)

24. Corey Mills

Corey Mills Jedi Knight

Apr 14, 2014
    Well tomorrow is the big day!! Getting excited now. Got confirmation that R2 will be there. But now having trouble getting confirmations from the 501st. I surely hope they are able to make it. Will still be a great day! Will post updates with pics once all is said and done after honeymoon. Wish all my Star Wars friends could come!

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Best of luck! May the Force Be With You!