main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

star wars weekend 24-25 warning

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by riquigonjin, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    who is ever going this weekend (June 24th - 26), and you are going in costume. You must watch your back. I went June 12th, everything was going fine, got my autograph, Wylee and my girlfriend slept in, I was wearing my costume, people were taking pictures with me, I was signing kids autograph books. The day was going wonderful, better than I expected. until.

A security guard approached me and told me I couldn't sign autographs. He said that I didn't work for Disney so it was not aloud. I said "not a problem. Is it all right for people to take pictures of me?" He replied "take all the pictures you want, but please no more autographs." I replied "not a problem at all."

Around 1:00 I meet up with my girlfriend and Wylee. She said she is going to do her thing, and me and Wylee can go do ours. we were going to meet back at star tours at 3:00. We went on our mary way. around 1:45 a guy asked me if I could talk to him for a moment. I said sure. I looked for Wylee and there was a guy taking him off to the side. I started to say something, but the guy said that he is OK, that they work for Disney. he introduced himself as Tim, head of security at MGM. he asked if I noticed the security guards around me. I looked around and there were 3 big guys 5 feet away from me.

He continued to talk and said "Were you told not to sign autographs?" I said "yes, from that guy over there." He said "then why did you sign another one after you were told not to?" I said "but i." he interrupted me and said, "one of my employees seen you signing after we told you not to." I tried to reply "you must be mistaken I didn't sign any." He cut me off and said "one of my employees seen you". I replied but I didn't sign". He cut me off again and said "sir one of my employees seen you. you can't block up the walk ways taking pictures either. I don't want to see or here about this again, or you will be kicked out of the park". Once again I replied "but I didn't". and once again he cut me off, and said "do you want to ruin the rest of the day for you and your son? don't let me see it again.

I felt hurt, violated, scared, worried. Every time a child came up to me and asked me for a photograph and or an autograph, I felt like running the other way. I felt like they were watching my every move. how could I enjoy myself? At 3:00 I met up with my girlfriend. I told her to take Wylee for the rest of the day. I told her what had happened, and I was going to talk to someone about it, then going back to the hotel.

Well, I found out who said these false accusations, it was the guy dressed as Luke (I got some inside people who found out for me). I guess he was mad because my line for photos was longer than his. ether way it was wrong. So if you go in costume this weekend, BEWARE, NO AUTOGRAPHS PLEASE. don't let this happen to you.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks for the tip. That's very disturbing, but I know Disney is anal about that sort of thing. Technically, the front gate people aren't even supposed to let you in the park in costume.

3. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    Yet, Disney encourages the event of costume wearing at Star Wars Weekends...don't believe me check out their website. I think that that actually goes against the constitution too...haha just kidding. They should add another clause to the 1st amendment...Freedom to wear Star Wars costumes and not be verbally assalted by Jealous Luke dresser-uppers.

You should've started crying...that always makes them feel bad. j/k. I just rock at getting my way through the conventional means of crying/whining. What kind of costume were you wearing anyways?

4. ChissGoddess

Jan 29, 2004
    And just to make sure I wasn't making an ass of myself earlier...

TIPS & FUN FACTS

This event is well attended, so plan on arriving early. Guests are usually allowed to gather on Hollywood Boulevard about 30 minutes prior to official Park opening.

Consider dressing in "Star Wars" costumes for the event ? many Guests do!

5. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    That's bizarre. I've noticed somethign about Disney this last time I went, though. A lot of things have changed. I thought with Eisner leaving soon that stuff would improve, but it doesn't look that way. I love Disney, but lately, it's been sort of annoying.

Ticket prices are up, room rates are up (even for FL residents; we used to get $80 rooms in the medium resorts and now they're $120), and suddenly, you have to pay for parking at The Swan if you drive there and are going there to eat. We had free parking everywhere because of staying at a resort, but they told us that they are on Disney property but aren't owned by Disney and they can do whatever. Yet you can make reservations to stay there through Disney and it's called Disney's The Swan Resort. o_O

That Luke guy was far too old anyhow. I have seen better Lukes in the past. :p

6. ChissGoddess

Jan 29, 2004
    What did you think of the guy dressed as anakin though...I thought he looked like him.

7. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I dressed as QUI-GON-JIN, It took me 3 years to grow my hair out, just for that day. I grew my beard out too. I saved up for 2 years to get my costume. I was QUI-GON-JIN for a day.

8. ChissGoddess

Jan 29, 2004
    That's so awesome. We saw a guy dressed as him two years ago...it was him and his wife/girlfriend. My mom loves Qui-gon so she asked to take her picture with him...it was back before disney was all lame and anal about that stuff. That totally sucks that they were such ass hats to you, especially after all that effort. Hey but at least you were Qui-gon for a day ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.