main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Star Wars Weekend Camp September 19-21, 2014

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by dcc_jedi, Aug 2, 2014.

1. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    Star Wars Weekend Camp is an overnight camp for kids in grades 2-7 who love Star Wars! The kids get dropped off Friday evening beginning at 6:00pm. They get picked up Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm. We spend the weekend playing Star Wars inspired games and activities including a LOT of dueling!!! The kids will bunk in cabins with assigned counselors while Northridge volunteers will bunk in Pilgrim's Lodge. Volunteers may spend the entire weekend, stay just one night or just come out Saturday for the day. We have 9 rooms in the lodge with 3 bunks in each room. ALL meals are provided for Northridge volunteers!!!

Cost for the campers is $100 for the first child and just $75 for siblings. Northridge members who send their kids will receive 50% off (just $50 per child). Volunteers, of course, attend FREE including all meals!!! I will post a promo code soon to use when registering a child for the Northridge discount. Northridge had a great turnout last year and, despite the rain, had a blast!!! Please post your availability. Thank you!!!

Where: Dunkirk Camp and Conference Center, 3602 East Lake Rd., Dunkirk, NY 14048

When: September 19-21, 2014 (you may arrive as early as 4:00pm on Friday to settle in)

72Princess likes this.
  2. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    The Fett and Leia will be there!!
    The Padawns will be Camp participants as well! We will register as soon as the discount code is sent. Thank you !

dcc_jedi likes this.
  3. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I will be there for sure ...lets see how many costume changes I can do lol

dcc_jedi likes this.
  4. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    We are not able to participate at all this year, unfortunately.

5. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Right now I have that weekend free. Not sure about the overnight but I should be able to stop in at some point.

6. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm out. My weekend to work

7. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Dangit Dan.....don't you have vacation time !!! Lol

8. MassageVentress

MassageVentress Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2009
    Sorry ... can't make this one :oops:

9. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I have to see when my September schedule comes out...

10. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    Unavailable. Will be in Africa.

11. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I've had this on my calendar since it was first brought up in a club meeting; looking forward to it! I have to attend Curtain Up! in Buffalo Friday night but I will be there starting Saturday morning. After breakfast, do you happen to know at this point roughly when the first activity will be Saturday?

WookieeJedi likes this.
  12. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    This is a possibility for Dan and Aiden. We will get back to confirm. Sounds fun. It will be too much for me and my bum knee at this point. :(

13. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    Thank you for the status updates! The first activity Saturday morning will follow breakfast and begin at approximately 9:00. I will share a detailed schedule as the event gets closer and we have a better idea how many kids and volunteers will be attending. I will try to post the discount code for Northridge members' children by this weekend.

14. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I will be there. Peter Jr. I think, also. Katherine - she has dance on Saturdays, but I'm looking to wiggle her out of it for the weekend. She really enjoys coming out for this.

15. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    This sounds like such a great event! I wish I could make it :/

16. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Unfortunately, I am out due to work and church schedules.

17. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    Sorry for being out of touch for so long. We just finished up our last two weeklong camps in Dunkirk and the sumer season is now over. Now... time to focus on Star Wars weekend which is just 5 weeks away!!! There has been a LOT of interest and excitement from the kids at camp this summer wanting to return for Star Wars weekend. MANY of them were in attendance at the ball game and they all LOVED it!!!

A discount code should be active sometime on Monday. If you register your child for the weekend use the discount code "starwars" (all lower case and no space) for $50 off or just $50 per child for the weekend. Visit www.dunkirkcc.com to register a child. Adult volunteers do not need to register.

It's difficult to predict how big a group we will have but I am expecting it to be bigger than last year. I'll post numbers as the event gets closer and as registrations come in. Thank you again for your support of Star Wars weekend at the Dunkirk Camp and Conference Center!!!

18. dcc_jedi

Jun 29, 2013
    The discount code for Northridge members' kids is now active. Enter the code "starwars" when prompted to save 50% or just $50 per child for the weekend. Volunteers, of course, are provided lodging and all meals at no cost! Let me know how it works as CampMinder is still a fairly new system for the camp.

19. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    I am interested in attending. I should be able to make it. Will see if Lisa is interested as well.

WookieeJedi and dcc_jedi like this.
  20. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Come on people ..looking for a few more...this is an awesome event and great way to have a lil get away and hang out with fellow North Ridge members and put a lot of smiles on kids faces. Although it looks like we might need a volunteer to lead jedi camp.

dcc_jedi and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  21. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I ha e acquired R2 as well as the script for some training. Leia will step up if needed. ;-)
    This is a fun weekend. Last year, we had access to the movie room and watched movies into the night. Please join in the fun!!

22. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Company picnic on Saturday, sorry.

23. Lee Solara

Lee Solara North Ridge Secretary star 2

Oct 30, 2013
    We trying to work it out. There possibility dan could come for part if not all. Will get back as soon as we can.

dcc_jedi likes this.
  24. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I'm going to try to come, at least for a little bit. It may not be possible, it will be the 2nd day of my in-law's visit. They're coming all the way from Germany and it has been a few years since they have come. So it's a big deal, but I was so bummed out about missing it last year. I'll do my best to be there!

dcc_jedi likes this.
  25. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Bump..... this weekend cant come fast enough