main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Star Wars Weekend Camp September 19-21, 2014

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by dcc_jedi, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    What is the earliest i can arrive?

2. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I should be able to make there by 5pm so have time to costume up for welcoming committee

dcc_jedi likes this.
  3. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    For those arriving Saturday morning the first activity and "home base" for the weekend will be in Pilgrim's Lodge. If you can arrive by 8:00 please join us for breakfast in the dining hall. As it may be cool in the morning the first activity is a craft and some indoor activities at the lodge. You may arrive as early as 7:30am as this is when we will be waking the kids (if not already up). We should be pretty easy to find no matter what time you arrive on Saturday. Saturday at 1:00 is the main event as the Northridge volunteers will be leading an activity from 1:00 to approximately 2:00. We have 22 registered campers which is a nice manageable size for a weekend camp. Looking forward to a great weekend!!!

4. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    R2-ey?? Never!!! A pure joy!!!

Bryan, can you assist with the north Ridge Led activity Saturday?

I have the script.

5. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    For those who haven't been there, when you pull into the camp, follow theain road to a dead end. The pool is on the left, you will see cabins on the right. Drive down past the cabins to the dead end. There is a large building there called the Pilgrims lodge- not sure if it's signed. Rooms are upstairs. I'll be around to
    Flag people down. Even for this coming in for the day, settle into a room so you can change. For this staying over, remember the bedding pillows blankets towel for showers water snacks etc! I'm bringing a few movies for the evenings.

myhale99 likes this.
  6. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    One final update...Katherine will not be able to attend sadly. Her Nutcracker ballet schedule for rehearsals have been posted and she starts this week-end - both days (including Friday, too.)

But Peter and I will definitely be there. See you all there.

7. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I will be there at 12 on Saturday to help with afternoon activities. I've been looking forward to this all week!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

72Princess likes this.
  8. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yeah, given the first North Ridge led event is 1pm, I'm going to shoot for a late morning arrival but def before noon. See you all then

72Princess likes this.
  9. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Same. I will happily take point on the activity, but will arrive later in the morning if we're not needed for that right away.

72Princess likes this.
  10. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Out of work two hours later than planned. That's what happen when you're the manager… at this point, I have no idea when I will get there.

11. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Wow!! What a Fantastic weekend!!! We had so much fun and the kids were thrilled to have us! I spoke with a few moms at pick up today and they said the kids could not WAIT to come to camp and interact with characters. Especially those who had attended last year. One boy has been to the last 3 Bisons games and kept trying to get me to tell him what the "Mysterious light" was and what happened to celery? I had two little girl fans who were fascinated by the fact Princess Leia actually ate in the same dining hall and they always wanted to know what I ate and if I like it. The weekend was filled with "wow!" And "cool!" And "attack!" whenever Steve came out as a new villain.

Thank you to Mike and the crew for the accommodations, meals, overall hospitality as well as the use of the big screen after the campers went to bed. We were even able to get some costuming done Friday night (I brought my sewing machine).

All in all, a good time was had by all.

Thank you to Nick and Bryan
    For coming out for the day/evening. And to AJ, Steve, Peter, Peter Jr, Bill R, Dave and Lisa for ALL of their help and support.

Mike will be sharing photos soon!!

Wild Sidewalker and dcc_jedi like this.
  12. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
  13. dcc_jedi

dcc_jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2013
    Thank you all so much for making the 3rd annual Star Wars weekend such a huge success!!! The kids were absolutely thrilled to have you there (us adults too). You really are "rock stars" to these kids and provided them with an experience that they will certainly never forget. I will post a link within a day or two where you may all view or download the pictures from the weekend on facebook (after a long nap LOL). Thank you again!!! :)

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  14. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Such great fun this event is ...even if I was only at 80%. This is one of my favorite events ..and I plan to attend every year and look forward to more of the north ridge gang coming and enjoying the kids excitement and joy.

15. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Agreed! It was great seeing familiar faces among the kids as well as so many new ones and all thrilled with this Star Wars camp. I'll keep coming as long as Mike and his gang keep inviting us.

dcc_jedi likes this.
  16. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Looks like you all had a blast!!! Glad the event was such a success. I really liked it last year (mud and all...), hoping that I'll make it next year. Good job everyone!

dcc_jedi likes this.
  17. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Had a fun time out at the camp Saturday. Great stuff all around. Schedule permitting I could totally see myself doing some overnights next time around.

Hopefully Campi's Pizza is actually open next year. :p

dcc_jedi likes this.
  18. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Who did the camp make a dontion to for the appearance? Compass House or some other charity?

19. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    There was no donation made other than free room and board and all meals provided for members. This was an opportunity to promote the group as a whole, and to have fun doing what we do. Many of the kids follow the group and attend the Bison's events as well as other events. Flyers for the EMPIRE STRIKES FOR BUCKS event were distributed to parents at pick up.
    Not every appearance we do raises funds. We did not use the crafts Larry and Janice had provided, the weather was too nice and they hardly completed the crafts as it was. The only expense for the group was the certificates for the North Ridge led activity and the volunteer's time.

20. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    A fun event indeed! Thanks for inviting us again, Mike! Peter and I had lots of fun. Looking at the pictures, the kids had a great time! Looking forward to next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk