main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL star wars weekend warning june 24-26

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by riquigonjin, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    who is ever going this weekend (June 24th - 26), and you are going in costume. You must watch your back. I went June 12th, everything was going fine, got my autograph, Wylee and my girlfriend slept in, I was wearing my costume, people were taking pictures with me, I was signing kids autograph books. The day was going wonderful, better than I expected. until.

A security guard approached me and told me I couldn't sign autographs. He said that I didn't work for Disney so it was not aloud. I said "not a problem. Is it all right for people to take pictures of me?" He replied "take all the pictures you want, but please no more autographs." I replied "not a problem at all."

Around 1:00 I meet up with my girlfriend and Wylee. She said she is going to do her thing, and me and Wylee can go do ours. we were going to meet back at star tours at 3:00. We went on our mary way. around 1:45 a guy asked me if I could talk to him for a moment. I said sure. I looked for Wylee and there was a guy taking him off to the side. I started to say something, but the guy said that he is OK, that they work for Disney. he introduced himself as Tim, head of security at MGM. he asked if I noticed the security guards around me. I looked around and there were 3 big guys 5 feet away from me.

He continued to talk and said "Were you told not to sign autographs?" I said "yes, from that guy over there." He said "then why did you sign another one after you were told not to?" I said "but i." he interrupted me and said, "one of my employees seen you signing after we told you not to." I tried to reply "you must be mistaken I didn't sign any." He cut me off and said "one of my employees seen you". I replied but I didn't sign". He cut me off again and said "sir one of my employees seen you. you can't block up the walk ways taking pictures either. I don't want to see or here about this again, or you will be kicked out of the park". Once again I replied "but I didn't". and once again he cut me off, and said "do you want to ruin the rest of the day for you and your son? don't let me see it again.

I felt hurt, violated, scared, worried. Every time a child came up to me and asked me for a photograph and or an autograph, I felt like running the other way. I felt like they were watching my every move. how could I enjoy myself? At 3:00 I met up with my girlfriend. I told her to take Wylee for the rest of the day. I told her what had happened, and I was going to talk to someone about it, then going back to the hotel.

Well, I found out who said these false accusations, it was the guy dressed as Luke (I got some inside people who found out for me). I guess he was mad because my line for photos was longer than his. ether way it was wrong. So if you go in costume this weekend, BEWARE, NO AUTOGRAPHS PLEASE. don't let this happen to you.

2. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    That is crazy, did you get any names?

I have a friend that works high up in the PR department for Disney, and the MGM parks. I will forward this on to him if you want.

Pm me with details. Please Like did you feel your son was in danger, names... ect

There is no reason for that kind of behavior, and after my conversations with him on opening day thta is exactly the opposite of how the park wants to treat people.

3. jedi_rogue_88

jedi_rogue_88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    i am so sorry that happened to you. disney is really creepy when it comes to things like that. in fact, the disney company knows more about me...more then i'm willing to tell many of my friends. the knowledge that they have on file about me still shocks me every time i call them up to make a reservation. they know everything about me before i even say a word. in fact, i just came back from disney yesterday. my mom and i decided that we would take a little two day trip and just hang-out at the hotel. of course, the reason why they know so much on me could be because i?m always there...but anywho...

you?re right. that shouldn?t have happened to you. you felt very violated and you had every right to feel so. i?ve never heard about anything like that happening to anyone, but if it?s happened to you, it?s happened to others.

4. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Riqui,
    So sorry you were treated that way. As a former cast member, that is so unfortunate. As the others said, Disney is usually not so sloppy on their P.R. I hope you have a more "magical" experience in the future.
    Gina

5. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    the guy that was dressed as luke semmed so nice too.but that was totally wrong.disney always takes things a lil to seriously.its like their employees never lie.i always feel offended by most disney employees

6. Mickster

Mickster Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Hello everyone, I havent been around for a few weeks so I thought I would check out the boards and see what was going on. I was very surprised to see this post. My wife and I have been annual passholders at Disney for several years. I have never had anything but superior service from Disney, especially people in the parks. This really shocks me and it does change my perception of Disney a little bit. This situation definitely could have been handled a lot better and that is unfortunate. Hopefully Riqui you will hear from Disney and get a formal apology, anything less would be unsatisfactory in my opinion. Please keep us updated on this situation, I for one am very curious to see if you hear anything.

7. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Okay, so here goes... The fact that they approached you in the first place about the autograph thing is wrong. They can't do that. Whether Disney CM or not, you are allowed to sign autographs. Next, the head of DS for MGM, is not a guy named Tim. Whoever that was was a senior (possibly, if that) DS Team Leader (if even) and not the Head. The Head is stuck in a office in PC. I really hate when this crap happens. Sometimes the power goes to these guys heads and signals get crossed. As far as I'm aware, people in costume are allowed to sign autographs and take pictures. This would increase traffic at Disney and make excutives go "Mmmm" from the money made cause of profitablity. (Long story on how that works.) So, sorry your expirence was bad. If you e-mail Disney CS and leave them name, phone #, address and what happened, you will (and trust me, if you leave the phone number you'll get a call) get an answer and more than likely an appology. This was his mistake, not yours.

>Steve

As the Vader turns....

8. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Riquigonjin

That exactly the what my friend in Disney PR said (what imperialorder said). He was especially concerned about the part about your son. There should be no reason an employee should make a guest feel concern for their children because of something they are doing.

You need to give them a call about this.

9. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    thank you so very much for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.