main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Star Wars Weekends at Disney - the posted dates!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Leia214, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey ya'll! I saw a post over at starwars.com on the Star Wars Weekends with dates so I checked MGM and here is the link:

http://www.mgmstudios.org/sww.html

Has the 2005 dates but the 2004 information - looks like it IS happening though!

2. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I forgot to mention something. in order to participate in this event you need to submit this through either the 501st legion or the rebel legion, as long as you have a screen accurate costume and a famous costume you can participate in the parade, Almost forgot; the costume needs to be 1 character per parade, let me explain if Disney is going to present the character on the parade you can not do it. i.e 1 Darth Vader, 1 Darth Maul, 1 Boba Fett. But if the star wars universe got more than 1 i.e. Stormtroopers, Jedi knights, X wing Pilots, Rebel Troopers you will not have any problems. sorry no expanded universe characters. any more questions PM me or post them and I will answer them.

3. jediAce90

jediAce90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    Do you have to be an adult, or could I do it?

4. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Thanks for the info Blaze. I was going to start on my Leia award ceremony costume but I'll put that on the back burner and hope to start on a Jedi Knight since that would seem to guarantee a place in the parade.

JediAce, It was great meeting you and your parents and I don't think you have to be an adult, Blaze would know.

5. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    You have to be 18 and over, is Disney policy, something about insurance policy.

6. jediAce90

jediAce90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    thanks, i don't think i can go to Star Wars Weekends this year anyways

7. TK1162

TK1162 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    Actually the 18 and over is a requirement for membership in both the RL and the 501st, it is not just a Disney thing.

8. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    hey arthur, TC3126 here welcome to the boards. I thought that bones said that you had to be 18 to walk on the parade, maybe I was wrong but you still have to be 18 to join the clubs and if I'm not mistaken you have to be a member of either club to walk the parade right?

9. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    You have to be a member to walk the parade? Guess I better finish up the jedi costume I have been working on and get some pics submitted to RL.

I am doing a Madame Jocasta Nu - got the actual outfit complete just need to work on the tabards - will probably do fabric paint instead of embroidery.

I wonder if Disney will have anyone dressed like her? I can always swap out the long skirt and wear black pants to make her young Jocasta Nu instead!

10. TK1162

TK1162 Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2005
    You are correct sir. You must be 18 to join either of the clubs and you must be a member of one or the other (or in some cases both)in order to march in the parade ergo you must be 18 either way (Disney does also have us sign a release as well so you must be an adult in order to make it legally binding).
    I believe that Disney also insists on us being over 18 due to the fact we assemble in a backstage area and their policy prohibits under 18 from going into those areas (to keep from ruining the magic I think).
    Arthur

11. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Hey Arthur!
    Glad to see you on the boards and it was good to see ya at the FX.
    I know your work schedule is hectic but hope you can make some of our future meetings. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.