main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS WEEKENDS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD REPORT!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by dreamfinder1982, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamfinder1982

dreamfinder1982 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2003
    Hi All!

Well I have been going to the Star Wars weekends for many years and having lots of fun each year! Well Disney out did themselves by total disappointing all the fans! Let me explain......People come to the SW Weekends to buy merchandise, see the celebrities, get their autographs on their Star Wars collectible. Well Disney decided to have none of that and would ONLY allow the celebrities to sign the black and white photo they supplied. They (Disney) would NOT allow the celebrity to sign anything else you brought with you...Posters, trading cards, coins, action figures, etc.....even merchandise like photos purchased at the Star Tours merchandise shop was not allowed!

So what's the point of buying all this cool merchandise at the Star Wars weekends if you can't have a celebrity sign it?

I for one not only spoke with a Guest Relations Manager (but so did about 30 people who followed me to Guest Relations with similar complaints about buying seasonal passes to go to the Weekends and get autographs and not being able to) but will be returning tomorrow a lot of the merchandise I purchased today as it has very little collectibility without a signature on from a celebrity that I met and had sign it for me!

It seems that by skipping last year's Star Wars Weekends, Disney has taken a step backwards and forgotten all the past years lessons and are trying to reinvent themselves at the fans expense.

If there is no change in the coming days, I'm sure a lot more people just won't waste their time going out to the Star Wars Weekends in the coming weeks!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Arlen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.