main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Star Wars Weekends @ Disney MGM

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay, we are on for SW WE again!! I will be there for the weekend of May 15-16 as I have a nursing convention then and will be going to that on Mon. So let's get a group together!! If we work really hard we might even be able to get our T-shirts or patches by then.

2. Lon_Blackstone

Lon_Blackstone Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    there is plans for the 501st and Rebel Legion to march in the parades. for more info see http://fl501st.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=3c62e0afa499787194d4d6b580a9d7e0

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Gee! I feel so bad for those people in costumes, it was really hot last year!!

4. Trooper84

Trooper84 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    man, done of my friends are into star wars (whats there deal?) so ill have to go by myself.

5. Gov_Jade

Gov_Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2003
    Trooper, just wait and find out when our group is going and hang with us! ;)

6. Trooper84

Trooper84 Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    alright, sounds good to me

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I am planning to go the weekend of the 15/16th so you are welcome to hang with me if you want.

8. kuroneko

kuroneko Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Aah, I'm gonna be in Chicago that weekend =/ Anyone going any weekend besides the 15/16 or 21/22?

9. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Possibly, I am getting a play 4 pass and will have more days to go, the pass has to be used up by June 4th.

10. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    If not already seen posted on starwars.com....disney mgm will be hosting the sw weekends every friday - sunday may 14 - june 13. times of park hours not listed yet. also, no mention of honored guests each weekend. it does not appear anything new sw attraction offered this year (as opposed to sw "who wants to be millionaire" - great fun). if you use the florida resident pass, make sure to go before june 4 for that is when it expires.

updates will be posted here or on several websites.

may the force be with you!!!

p.s. most likely sw weekends will not be running for 2005 due to release of episode III. it was that way when aotc was released. so enjoy it this year!!!

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Howdy! Checkin in from Boston MA :)
    Despite the fact that I won't be going this year, I will probably design a printable badge similar to the one I did for last year.
    You can slap your name and FF chapter on it, print, fold, laminate and wear :) It will help in identifying other FF members.
    I'll cook something up once this year's artwork is revealed.

12. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    SWEET looking badge there Dex1138 nice job. Who can we get them from you or should we just go a head and pull it from there when you do the new ones?

Im really hoping I can get there for the Star Wars weekends this year Im dying to go. Even thou I dont have an Emprial costume just yet. But I am working on it as fast as I can.

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Thanks Dex1138. We had a great time last year and it was fun meeting you and your friends from my old town of Boston. Yes, we used the badge last year and it made it much easier to find folks. Thank you for making one for this year and I will get them made up for anyone who wants to go. Sorry you can not make it that time but, will hope to meet you again at DC or C3.
    Marie

14. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Thank you Kevin for finding the dates for SW weekends at MGM. I will be going that weekend and if anyone plans to go let me know.

15. Lon_Blackstone

Lon_Blackstone Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    The offical annoucement thread on the FL501st board is http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1901

the fanclub weekend is the first weekend in June (4-6)

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Is that the day the 501st is in the parade? Too bad it is not while the Play 4 pass is still good...it cost $55+ to get into the park for one day. You can go to the park 4 days with the Play 4 residents pass for $109. It's like getting 2 days free!!

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Thanks for the kind words all. As soon as the Mouse People post a graphic for this year someplace I can make the badges.
    I will post a link in this thread when I have it. If anyone has seen the art for this year, please let me know :)

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hi All!

New badge for ya!
    If anyone has any suggestions or anything, please send them along.
    You may want to black out the bottom logo to have a place to put your name & FF.

Starwars.com has a guest list posted. Look under What's New.

Oh yeah! And if anyone wants I will post their event pics on my site.

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    TOS updated with SWW merchandise and guest scheduling changes!
    CLICK!

20. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I hope to make it for the opening weekend. As of now it loosk dicey ride-wise and room.:( I can't afford to have a room to myself, FInaces are short. ANyone in the FF going opening weekend that wants a roomate?

That wekend and the Fan wekend. If I can get there, I'll be marching in the parade.

21. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I am going the first weekend, but with family. I still have not decided wether I cn go more then once. That depends on finances and if anyone else is going. So I will have to decide in about a week or so, because the play 4 pass is a good deal to use for this event if you go every weekend or even 2 weekends.

22. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Official info & tips from the Special Events Team @ Disney MGM Studios for SW Weekends 2004:

"They will be signing items other than their photocards but are contracted to sign one autograph per person.(even Anthony Daniels) That will not change.
    The guests will need FAST PASS to obtain an autograph and the machine will be on Mickey Ave. at the Millionaire location.
    They will not open until 9:00am even on our Resort Day. Remember there are 3 sessions per day.
    A Guest will be able to get one guaranteed FAST PASS person for each celebrity and then one standby for each celebrity per day.
    Guests do not have to show up really early in the morning. "

23. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    More Official Disney press info:

"Process for "On Location" Autograph Sessions for Star Wars Weekends

Disney's FASTPASS® service, developed to reduce wait times for popular Disney theme park attractions, will be utilized for all "On Location" Autograph Sessions at this year's Star Wars Weekends. It's easy to use and will allow you to secure a FASTPASS Return Time for a designated autograph session. So now you can go enjoy other Star Wars Weekends activities instead of waiting in line for a session; knowing that you will still get that special autograph.

How Do I Get a FASTPASS Ticket?

· Each member of your party inserts his or her theme park ticket into the FASTPASS station or kiosk for the celebrity they wish to meet.
    · If FASTPASSES are still available, they'll each receive a FASTPASS ticket with a Return Time for that celebrity's autograph session.
    · To receive your autograph, just show up at the autograph location at the time designated on your FASTPASS ticket.
    · A FASTPASS ticket is required for each autograph.

Where Do I Get a FASTPASS Ticket?

· There will be one distribution area.

· Star Wars Weekend Celebrity FASTPASS tickets will be located at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - Play It!

Is There a Limit to the Number of FASTPASS Tickets I Can Get?

· Yes, you will be able to get one guaranteed FASTPASS per celebrity and one standby FASTPASS if there is availability.
    · There is a capacity limit for each autograph session.
    · Tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

Can I Get a FASTPASS Ticket for a Member of My Party That is Not Present?

· No, each Guest must be present with their theme park ticket to receive a FASTPASS.

Can I Reserve FASTPASS Tickets?

· Distribution of FASTPASS tickets will begin when the park opens and are only good for Autograph Sessions that same day.
    · FASTPASS tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

Will I Be Able To Get An Autograph Without a FASTPASS Ticket?

· FASTPASS tickets are required to receive an autograph.
    · However, once all the FASTPASS tickets are distributed for a particular actor, a limited number of Standby Tickets will be made available.
    · Standby Tickets do not guarantee an autograph. standby ticket holders will be taken if there is time remaining in a session after all FASTPASS ticket holders have received their autographs."

24. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    SW Weekends contest, only a few days left to enter!

http://brighthousenetworks47.com/

25. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Well, this was a pretty good start to MGM's Star Wars Weekends. Opening was not to crowded and I was there at 8:30 am. Tantooine Traders was running out of certain pins and other collectables pretty early this first weekend. Some will be restocked for next Friday, others are gone except to those who freguent Ebay.

The weather stayed good, but we had relief from the heat. The parade was lead by SW star Jeremy Bulloch and Jake Lloyd (boy, has he grown up!) Liza and Linda looked good marching behind all those stormtroopers of the 501st Legion.

There is s lot of activities and fun and I am sure the crows will increase each weekend.......

May The Force Be With You.....Always!

Sereana...reporting from MGM Star Wars Weekends in Orlando, Fl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.