main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA Star Wars Weekends - Orlando, Florida

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Allie Fox, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay! Who's up for the road trip? I've been to MGM every year for this event and it's pretty fun. It would be even better in the company of other rabid Star Wars fans.

The plans are for the festivities to last through June. Check out the details here. I'll bring the idea up tomorrow(2/21) and we can discuss it a little. Those that do not attend can post their opinions and ideas here.

2. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Seems they haven't updated Star Tours yet - at least not according to theforce.net:

Although Disney World officials say that costumed characters from all five Star Wars films will appear at the event, there's still no word on when MGM Studios will update the Star Tours motion simulator ride, which includes a short film based on the first three movies in the Star Wars series, but not the most recent two.

An MGM Studios official said in 1998 that Star Wars creator George Lucas had agreed to update the ride's mini-film based on the then-upcoming Star Wars I.

Bleah.

3. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I stand corrected. I could swear that I had seen a sign somewhere that touted the "ALL NEW" Star Tours ride.

Bummer!

So?!?! Are you still in?!?! ;)

4. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    I'm in....if we can get together on a weekend to go and stuff.....I have never been so, this will be new to me :)

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    When is the last date for the Star Wars Weekends? Is it June6-8 or is it later that month? I'm still trying to work in a trip out there this year. May will most likely be too busy for me.

6. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey folks! I wanted to remind you guys of SW Weekends in Orlando.

IS ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING ME FOR AT LEAST ONE OF THE WEEKENDS?

Let me know. I'm pretty much game for any weekend over the five weekends. Check it out at Star Wars.com for the details. It would be real cool to attend the breakfast with Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bulloch on Saturday June 7.

Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.