main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends Pics

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Q,
    Thank you for posting to the Tampabay FF and letting us know about the pics and movie. I have some pics but, we do not have a good site to post them on so I am sending them to Atlanta. Hope to see some of you in Atlanta in Aug., at DC.
    Sereana Knightstar-aka-Marie Rankin

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    You're welcome :) Glad I could spread a little Star Wars cheer back home.

FiNGA: I lurk around the RPF quite a bit. That is a great place for ideas and references.

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I must say, after watching this weekend's Q&A and the autograph signing, Temuera Morrison (Jango) is my favorite SW celeb. He is the nicest, funniest guy and he really loves this stuff. He stayed out an extra 20 minutes signing autographs. I didn't get one because I didn't know about the 'reserve' line that I could have gotten in rather than standing by the rope for an hour and a half, but I'm not bitter :D Standing 10' away from 'The Man' for over an hour is pleasure enough :)

I should have the new pics on-line tonight or tomorrow, or by the time anyone reads this post (say next week sometime) I did almost get beat up by a group of angry Tusken's though! I don't think they liked having their picture taken, but what can I say? 'I got the shot!' :D

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Ok, well the final set of pics has been uploaded to the site. Check them out here

I am really going to miss these until next year. It was so fun to go see all of the people on costume and watch the Q&A's with the actors. And despite the horrible trooper armor, the Diseny folks really gave it their all and made sure people were having fun. Mad props to the Tuskens and Troopers that chased me around Star Tours today trying to steal my camera :D

5. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    OMG!!!
    Someone please shoot whoever made those mockeries of a stormtrooper. Those things were never made for close up interaction.
    I've said it before... It's a shame that Disney couldn't put more effort into an event this big.

-Jack

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I didn't realize how bad the armor really was until I got up close and personal. It was so sad, but most of the people there didn't really care, so that's why Disney doesn't spend $500 a set on armor. They do what they can just to get by. It's really sad.

7. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    It's a shame, Disney has a wealth of resources at their fingertips and due to union regulations they can't use them.

Had the 501st been allowed to patrol the park during SWW, they'd have had an army of troopers (in GOOD amror) working for free.

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Union regulations? Is that why the 501st can't do more? I bet it wouldn't be hard to get at least 4 501st troopers to work the weekends and do the things that the 'bobble head' troopers were doing, like working before the Q&A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.