main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I realize it's a little far in advance, but who will be sticking around this summer? I am planning on going to Star Wars Weekends this year, but they start May 16 and the semester will be over. So if anyone is sticking around and wants to go with me, I think it would make a great FF event! Hopefully I'll have my Jedi SF outfit done ;) For more info check out SW Weekends

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Seeing as I live here, sure, I'll be around!
  3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I still don't know whether or not I'll be around then or not, but if I am, I will most definitely be going. I've wanted to for a long time now!

4. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I'm still trying to decide if I will be here or not. Housing has decided they won't buy me food for summer B, so I don't know if I can afford to stay yet. If I do, I'm all about going.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So stick around for summer A :p It would be so awesome if there were a bunch of Jedi with Armor walking around :D

6. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    I have boot camp with the Air Force summer A. Trust me, I'd much rather be here. I'm going to try to get back though, especially if there is star wars stuff going on!

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    ewwwwwwww, that sucks. Well, it could be fun, but I have this one simple philosophy that hasn't getten me through life since I was about 6, Star Wars comes first! ;) But I guess the AF doesn't really see it that way :p

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I was lurking over at the Florida 501st boards and they are going to try and do something big during SW Weekends. I think if we can get enough people in costume together, we should try and hook up with them one weekend.

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Ooh! That'd be fun!

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wouldn't it! Unfortunatly they are only going to let canon characters march in the parade :(

11. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    The hubby and I are signed up as Jedi for SW Weekends. I don't know if we get to hang around any other time than the parade, but I'm not sure I'd want to, it being 100* out in May/June and all....

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Have you seen the rules and regs posted over at the 501st? Kinda throws my plan out the airlock :(

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    What rules and regs?

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The one's I PMed you with ;)

15. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    I'm curious, what are they picky about?
    What kinds of thing do they look for?

16. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    For some reason, I can't access my pm's right now. It says I have two, but when I click on it, after waiting an eternity it tells me that I have no unread messeges and at the bottom it says there is some sort of error.

Is anyone else having that problem?

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Basically they want everything to be canon and movie quality. It would appear that they are taking all of the fun out of the trilogy, fun being the EU! I don't know if this is Disney's policy or the 501st's. Hopefully it isn't Disney's. But if worse comes to worse I just accelerate my vaccu-forming and throw together some Boba Armor. It doesn't look that hard.

And I have noticed the boards have been acting funny lately. I think it's all this posting going on in the DB Forums ;)

18. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    How sad! Are they accepting random Jedi? Technically, my costume is based on a character in the movie.

That has to be the problem with the boards. We're just shakin' this joint up! :cool:

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well darn! These are apparently official Disney rules :(

As of 3/3/03 the guidelines are as follows:

Cannon costumes from the Star Wars Films ONLY. No Expanded Universe or made-up costumes or characters.

Non-Cannon decorations - Costumes must reasonably appear identical to the costumes as seen in the movies. Armor/Costume colors must conform to those seen in the films. Exceptions: One Garrison, Squad or Outpost patch/sticker may appear on a pauldron or other appropriate place by descression of the planning staff. Other exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis at the sole descression of the event planning staff and/or Disney.

Quality of Costumes - All costumes must meet 501st quality standards. All costumes must appear screen quality, professional and clean (except purposfully dirty troopers). All participants may be asked to submit a digital photo of their costumes for approval. Approval and/or exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis by the event planning staff or Disney.

Rebel Legion - Ken O. (Lumwyrm) will be the coordinator for the Rebel Legion's Participation. He (or his staff) will enforce the standards listed above.

Droids - We do not have any information on the participation of droids. We will post here when we do.

Good news is the 501st accepts official EU costumes! The Jedi Armor still has a chance!

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Jayna, I don't know about random Jedi. I think you have to be a member of the Rebel Legion. Why not get your Padawan butt over here so I can take a digital of you? Then you could be an offical Jedi of the Rebel Legion!

21. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    If I'm going to be here, I totally plan on applying (or whatever). It sounds like it would be fun!

How hot does it generally get down here in the middle of May?

I still have no word from the 501st, by the way. I've got my fingers crossed!

22. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    You know, I really should. I've been meaning to do that for over 8 months now...

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    May isn't too bad. mid 90's. But I'm a FL boy, so I'm used to it. I went ahead and posted the question about the armor over at the 501st boards. Double team!

And I am having an issue with the 501st. Everytime you post the word 'Jedi' it converts it into 'Jedi Scum'! Soon thus troopers will know the true power of the Jedi, muwahahahaha

24. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    It's typical that disney would do somehting like that. They probably just don't want to make george and his communist copyright pu ks mad or something. I wish you guys luck with it, and I think the jedi scum think is simply cool. We should do that here.

On a side note, my Pm's haven't worked since I re-joined the boards. Until today. Now they magically work again.

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    As much as it annoys me, the jedi scum thing is kinda cool. They also do it with 'Rebel' :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.