main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Fun! I wonder how they do that.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    The Dark Side :p

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    So who all will be able to go to the weekends? Karma, were you going with the Rebel Legion? I plan to go, and if we can get another person and meet up, we could make it an official event. I plan to do a Tattooin Luke outfit because Disney is narrowminded and only wants on-screen costumes, but all I would need is a dirty karate uniform, some ace bandages, and some pouches. Anyone know where I can pick up some light-tan fabric dye??

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    As I am officially going to be here for Summer A, I will also be going. Yay!

Do you think my costume would count? Technically it is based off of Bultar Swan's- and she gets some Episode II screen time.

I still need to join the Rebel Legion too.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think you'd be all good Jayna. I would definitely leave the cloak at home though. Just let me know when you want to join and I can take a pic for ya, maybe even roto a saber in :D

6. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Yes, I will be attending with the Rebel Legion as a Jedi Knight. Minus the heavy outer robe.
  7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well then, let's try and meet up in front of the AT-AT sometime :)

8. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Good fun!!!

Do you have to be an official member of the RL or 501st to be in it? I'm just concerned that I might not make it in time.

Maybe this weekend I can throw on the old garb and take a few pictures. We're still doing our surfin trooper at the lightsaber party, right? We can have a photo shoot. :)

9. Lady_Eldaelen

Lady_Eldaelen Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2003
    I don't know if anyone answered your fabric dye question, Q but you can get dye just about anywhere: walmart, michaels, etc.
    Tea would probably work as well.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks Lady_E :) When I get the Falcon back I was going to head up to Jo-Ann's. I just need something to make a white karate uniform look like it's been in the desert for a while ;) And check your PM's :p

Jayna, that sounds like a great idea! I could get pics of you and Jack and post them on the site! Good stuff :)

Hopefully I'll be able to get my Luke costume done by then, but I still need to think of a Jedi name!! Help!!! :eek:

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well I have some bad news for us Jedi, it seems that Disney wants no Rebels in the parade, so no Jedi for us :( This could change, but not likely.

There has also been a change on the Rebel Side. Disney doesn't think it would look good to have a large number of Imperials in the parade with just a few Rebels. At this time, they only want Imperials. If you are a Rebel, have a Canon costume (no bath robe Jedis) and want to participate, please go ahead and register but understand that currently, no Rebels. If I get a large number, I will go back to Disney and see if 30 or more will suffice. I would suggest rebels concentrate on the 6-8 weekend for maximum numbers. I don't think Disney will refuse if their are enough of you but that's just my impression.

So we go from haveing a blasty SW Weekends, to just working the parade, and now we don't even get that. Gotta love the mouse, Dictator of Central Florida and cause of all slow traffic in Orlando :mad:

12. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I'll toast to that.

13. SenatorAmigina

SenatorAmigina Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    Hi! I'm new to this board, and I just want to let you know that my son and I are going to SW Weekend on May 30, 31, and June 1. This is our 2nd SW Weekend visit. I remember a couple years ago, Disney MGM security staff handed out to tourists with costumes just before the park entrance. They were told that they cannot be allow to wear their costumes throughout the park. The only people who can wear it are the one who's involved in the parade and employees of the park. Isn't that sad? Yes, May was very hot the last time I was there (98*). So if you're going there, ENJOY IT!!

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Welcome to the boards! Do you and your son live in the Daytona Beach area?

Yes, Jayna and I planned to dress up and participate, and I was very saddened to hear that Disney won't allow Rebels. This is the first year they are letting any outside group participate, and the Florida 501st Stormtrooper Legion is a large group of costumers from all over Florida. I don't know what weekend I will be going yet, I will definetly be there!

15. SenatorAmigina

Apr 13, 2003
    Yes, we lives in South Daytona. I thought "Daytona BeachTroopers" is a really cool name!

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's cool! Hopefully you guys can make it to our meetings. :)

17. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah! Welcome to the boards, SenatorAmigina! I'm glad you found us! :D

18. SenatorAmigina

Apr 13, 2003
    Yes, I'm looking forward to attend one of your meeting. Just let me know when and where. Thanks!

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I don't know how much we are going to do over the summer, but I hope to hold at least one meeting a month.

For those of you interested in SW Weekends, you may want to head over here: fl501st

It looks like the only weekend they are going to be trooping is the June 6-8 weekend so I am definitely going that weekend. It starts May 16th and runs to June 15th, and depending on my funds situation I'll probaby go either the first or second weekend also.

Here's a guest list: Guests

If you're planning to go, post here when you're going and maybe some of us can meet up there! :) If it looks like we're getting enough people on a certain weekend, I'll post it in the events thread.

20. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm thinking about just coughing up the $109 pass for four days. That way, I could go any weekend that I wanted and I wouldn't be restricted to just MGM.

Definitely going the first weekend, though. Anthony Daniels is a riot.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    What is this $109 pass you speak of? *is confused* All I saw on the website was $119 for one day to all of the parks. Regular admission is $50 a day to just one park, so your idea would definitely be cool.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I've heard rumors that Florida residents and get a $104 pass, but I haven't gotten any info on that yet. I have a friend that lives in Orlando, so I'll ask her if she knows anything about any specials going on.

The first weekend sounds cool to me. Karma, were you still planning on doing anything with the 501st? I guess if anyone else is going we should meet up around the AT-AT.

And on a side note:
    <------1000 POSTS!!!!! :D

23. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I saw the $109 thing on your "guests" link at the bottom of the page.

Is there any certain day that we would want to go as a group? The CR from Macon GA is coming down with a group and is trying to possibly have a get together with any other FanForce groups going and I thought it might be fun to meet up with them.

We have to give them a day that we will be there, though.

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Are you a Florida Resident Jayna? If not, I could see about one of my friends buying the pass for you.

I think the best weekend to go would be the first. I plan to go the first weekend and quite possibly the 501st weekend June 6-8. When was the group from Georgia planning on coming down? Too bad we don't have any T-shirts or anything :(

I know that most of the members here aren't going to be around this summer, so I don't forsee a large group of Beachtroopers going.

25. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    If any one still wants to try for the parade the weekend in June, please sign up! Jedi are welcome (as long as you call yourself a random jedi. ;-). Disney did say that if we had a large turnout (40 or so) they'd let us march. Given that we have little over 30 members in the Rebel Legion from FL this presents a bit of a problem but it would be awesome to do it if we can! Disney might waver if we have enough interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.