main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I am planning on going a few weekends since I'm an autograph monger...but have yet to sit down and figure out how much I can afford. The Fan Club weekend is a definate though.
  2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Well now that I am done with school for the summer I am going to go full force on my projects, one of which is a random Jedi outfit. When is the deadline to sign up?

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm thinking that I'm going to pass on the parade thing. I'm still debating though. I don't know- I can't figure out if it sounds more like fun or a hassle. I really want to enjoy the weekends.

I told GA that we were looking at the first weekend, as I think that that would be the best one to go. They aren't committed to any week yet, which is why they were asking when other people were going.

Despite people going home for the summer, I think we could get a decently sized group together. It'll be fun! :D

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, considering I still have my saber and armor to do, I'm just going to go and see the 501st. That much white armor walking around should be really cool. :D

5. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Greetings from Michigan. :D Jayna- some of R2-Detroit are going the Insider weekend of June 6-8. JayceCavalier and myself are going as stormies with JediTeddy going as a biker scout. :) Mirax will be there to take pictures.

It's going to be blasty fun! I personally would like to finally meet Jayna: the Blasty One. :p I might very well smell like cheese after wearing my armor in the Florida sun. ;)

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Beachtroopers on the Detroit boards, R2's on the Daytona boards... Oh my! Do I sense something really exciting starting up?!?!?! :D

7. BlastyTrooper

Apr 21, 2003
    "Exciting is hardly the word I would use." ;) It could be a blasty blast if we could get together when the R2's invade Disney. :D

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    All this blasty going around, someone going to catch a blasty blast of a blast, er, yeah :p

Speaking of blastyness, where's our CR been? I hope she didn't get blasted flying back up to Michigan last week :( You wouldn't know anything about that, would you BlastyTrooper? ;)

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    It looks like the 501st is going to have over 80 members the June 6-8 weekend! :eek: It also sounds like they may have enough members to march the first weekend :D Woohoo!!!

10. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm alive! I promise!

Well if R2-Detroit is going to be there, so will I. We'll have to meet up! :D

11. BlastyTrooper

Apr 21, 2003
    That sounds blasty good!!! :D Blasty blasty good!!! :p

12. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Indeed. :)

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    You all are marching in the parade, right?

14. BlastyTrooper

Apr 21, 2003
    Three blasty R2's are marching and one is taking pictures. I know for sure we are all marching on Saturday and at least Cheri and I are marching on Sunday. :D We will miss being in the parade on Friday since our plane gets in at 10 am and the parade starts at 11. :(

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    We will definitely see you Saturday then! Awesome! :D

16. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hello! I'm from the Boston Rebels FF. My friend (DarthMoby) and I are hitting opening weekend. We'd love to meet/hang with other FF members.
    I'm very interested in getting as many FF/501st together for a pic to send to Insider (w/ Touring Vader if possible).
    I've created a printable badge to help FanForce members identify each other. You can get them here.
    * Download your preferred badge (I made some for other folks over at a Disney Haunted Mansion site, hence the weird ones LOL)
    * Optionally, using Photoshop slap your name and home area on the image (I will do this if anyone asks and email it back to you)
    * Print it out
    * Fold in half
    * Laminate it
    * Punch a hole in the top for easy wearin!

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, what a great idea! I love the badges! I would be happy to customize one for any Beachtroopers that want it. I don't know if Vader is going to be attending the first weekend, but you may want to head over to the Orlando boards and ask :)

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    OK, well the first weekend will soon be upon us. Anyone planning on going?

19. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm planning on going each Saturday with the exception of the second one.

It sounds like a good many FanForce people will be going to the opening weekend, so if any of you guys are planning on going at all, I'd encourage you to go the opening weekend (May 16-18). It'd be really cool if we could go as a group- and then meet up with the other groups. You guys up for that? Does Saturday work?

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Wow, every Saturday??? That's awesome :) I am going the first weekend and the June 6-8 weekend. I've been over at the Orlando and Melbourne boards and it looks like they each have small groups going throughout the event, so it would definitely be cool to hook up.

21. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Most definitely.

Is there anyone else who is going? It would be nice to have a group there next Saturday.

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I can catch Capt_Nobeard at work next week and ask him as he has off Saturdays. I know our friend has to move into her house though, so I don't if he'll be available. I was talking to Kashyyyk the other night and he wants to bring his girlfriend to the June 6-8 weekend, if he can get back into town by then.

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, if you're a Florida Resident and want to go more than one weekend then here's the info on the 4-day pass that Jayna was talking about pass
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. My roommate was talking about a special they were running that extends this to a 7 day pass to make up for the lack of tourism, kinda like what Bush Gardens and Sea World are doing, but he isn't too sure on it. That would be awesome. :)

It also looks like you can go right down to AAA and but it. I may have to do that. Beats standing in line, trust me.

24. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Where's AAA?

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    There's one right down there by the Race Track on ISB near the Home Depot. I need to get down there and renew my AAA Membership this week anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.