main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Moontyger, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moontyger

Moontyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    So, I noted that Disney-MGM studios is having Star Wars weekends in May and June of this year and they sound really cool. I know it's probably dreaming, but I thought we could at least discuss if we could somehow get a group together to go.

Oh yeah, and sorry about missing the March meeting. I had to do some stuff for my Sociology of World Religions class at that time. :(

2. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Of anyone could come up with cheap enuough transportation and lodging, I'd do it in a heartbeat. :D The June dates would be better for me.[/color]

3. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Where's Disney-mgm? Orlando?

4. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Yeh. About a 16 hour drive from here. [/color]

5. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I've done S.W. weekends twice.
    Its alot of fun but too few activities for the large number of people that go for it.
    Star Tours is cool as always. The Q&A sessions with the actors are fun. The lines for autographs are loooooong and since it is hot outside you will get very sweaty waiting. :mad:

They have cool merch. The Tattooine Traders shop is really cool. alot of exclusive disney trading pins (if you know about those)

I had planned on going again this year but decided to hang on the the money & save up for a long trip in october.

I would say, if you can afford it then go for it. You can book through southwest air vacations & get the friends fly free fare.
    There are other ways to get discounts, you just gotta know how ;)

If you guys want more info or pics just let me know

-Ramiro

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I think this could indeed be cool. Many from the FF might not be able to make the trip, but if there are those who want to go, no reason we couldn't give it a try.

7. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, if some do decide to go, if we give them money, maybe they could pick some stuff up for those of us who can't make it.

8. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Delta had some flights for 163 dollars to Orlando just recently. I don't know if they are still available. [/color]

9. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Just in case someone wanted to go, I have a 3-day Park Hopper pass that Ebay won't let me sell. Lemme know if there's any interest. [/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.