main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Lewis_Black, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    Hi all.
    I haven't had the chance to post in a few months, but my internship at Disney just extended. I'm going to be staying until August. So sad, except that I get to be around for Star Wars Weekends at Disney MGM Studio. They have some hot stars lined up including Carrie Fischer, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew (health permitting), etc. I would love it if some of you wanted to come down and experience it for yourselves. Imagine the best con you've ever been to and realize that it is Disney. And you get to see Star Tours to boot. Anyone interested, visit the Orlando Jedi Council Forum and get info from them. They have a very small group, but everyone from all over the country is contacting them to make plans. If you give me enough notice, I can try to get discounted resort fees for my friends. Orlando is beautiful this time of year. I would love to hear Colorado news, though, so let me know what is up.

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    grant ? is that you ?

wow , how long have you been in florida ?

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Which weekends?

4. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    15th of May through the 15th of June.

I'm hoping to be down there the 7th or 8th of June.

5. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    I have been there and went through star tours and it is awesome! I would love to go there for the weekends but work and family wont permit. Oh well! Have fun if anyone goes!

6. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Colo news?! SNOW.....and now.....RAIN! FLOL!!!!!

7. Lewis_Black

Mar 6, 2002
    Yes, I am back, albeit in Orlando. I'll be back in Denver soon, but I am going to be out in full force for SW Weekends at MGM. What I would like is for someone to sell me a RMFF T-shirt (I know there was talk of some being made) so that I can represent the group during the events. I was also wondering if someone could point out to the 501st or even the Grey Jedi that they have a Colorado ally down here if they decide to schlep all the way down here. I know that they would love what I could show them from my experiences down here. Again, I would also urge anyone with the spare time (and cash) to take a vacation. I'm kind of Star Wars lonely. I'm dating a girl that tells me that she was at the midnight show of EPII in NYC, but then admits that she slept through the last hour! I get no sympathy down here.

8. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks for the Intell Grant. I'll be sure to pass out the rest and we'll see what we can put together for you.

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    That would be awsome, I've never been to Florida. No money :( Wish you could be here for the Con.

10. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    that sounds awesome, but I dont think I'd be able to afford it.

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I hate being poor :(

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
  13. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    me three :(

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I went when they first started. I convienently helped plan the vacation for that time.

We missed all the big stars, but the rest was pretty cool :) I got my picture taken with all kinds of costumed people.

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Did you go in costume?

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I wore my Jedi Mind Trick shirt and that was about it. This was before I was really involved in any fan activities.

17. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Did you hear about the Fan Club breakfast? Sounds like fun, and you get a special goodie bag! I am going to try to talk my cousin into going and getting me a couple of fabulous gifts and prizes.

18. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Dex1138 and myself will at SW Weekends from Boston for the weekend of May 16-19. We are trying to meet up with some members of Olando's and Atlanta's FF group that are going to be there. We are trying to arrange a shot with as many FF members as we can with Darth Vader (from the Vader World Tour out of Boston Vader World Tour ). Anyone that may be there that weekend and want to meet other FF members, PM Dex1138.

19. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'll see if I can convince my parents to take a trip since I have very little planned for this summer except some sports stuff and computer classes.

20. Lewis_Black

Mar 6, 2002
    I still need help with a t-shirt to wear for the events. If there is no RMFF shirt, I would love to hear about any other one that someone would "loan" me. I may even get a chance to have it autographed.

As far as meeting up with the FF from Orlando, they are a nice bunch from what I've read, but they aren't very cohesive. If they are lucky, a third person shows up to their monthly meetings. They are just having a bit of bad luck after a section of the group left to form another FF closer to their home city. But chewbacca1138 is this great little high school girl that posts daily (very rare down here) that seems to be keeping it all together. It may restore my faith in teenagers.

The Atlanta group looks interesting and I'm looking forward to meeting them. I'm not sure what the plans are yet, but I'll hear more the closer we get to the actual events.

If anyone from ANYWHERE is reading this is planning a trip for the events, PM me here because I have a special surprise to those brave souls who scrape enough cash together. I may be able to help those that can't quite...

21. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    no faith in us...before her....that sort of hurts I guess...

22. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I've created a printable badge to help identify FanForce members. You can get them here. You can use a graphic program to put your name and/or where you're from on it. There's a sample one there to see.
    I'm willing to whip them up for people and send them via email.
    What you do is print it out, fold in half, laminate it and punch a hole in the top. Then wear!

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I have a Jedi Broad Squad T-shirt, I don't think you would want to wear is L-B, it's a girl style (cut) shirt.
    We do have Movie passes from the Kemp thing you could get signed.

Dang, I wish I had money.

24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I wanna go too!!!! I have obligated all my vacation time and funds already this year!!!!

Am still going to work on my cuz, so he can pick up some fabulous gifts and prizes!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.