main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by Thumper09, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Is anyone here planning on going to SW Weekends?

It sounds like some other FF chapters are going to be there (the first weekend, May 16-18, I think, but I'll have to double-check). I'll probably be going that Saturday so I'll be checking on if there are any plans for different FFs to meet up with each other. Any interest?

-Katie
    Thumper

2. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I am!

That would be cool. But in order for me to go, it would have to be on a Saturday.

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I sorta am- but how expensive are the tickets now a day?

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey guys, I'm a Daytona Beachtrooper and I'll be heading up the first weekend, possibly with a few friends. PM our CR Jayna if you're interested in hooking up :)

5. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    What this be? I've never heard of it. Where is it?

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hello! I'm from the Boston Rebels FF. My friend (DarthMoby) and I are hitting opening weekend. We'd love to meet/hang with other FF members.
    I'm very interested in getting as many FF/501st together for a pic to send to Insider (w/ Touring Vader if possible).
    I've created a printable badge to help FanForce members identify each other. You can get them here.
    * Download your preferred badge (I made some for other folks over at a Disney Haunted Mansion site, hence the weird ones LOL)
    * Optionally, using Photoshop slap your name and home area on the image (I will do this if anyone asks and email it back to you)
    * Print it out
    * Fold in half
    * Laminate it
    * Punch a hole in the top for easy wearin!

7. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Hi guys.

We had better do this soon. lol.

I may have to do it in a wheelchair or something. :D

I visited my favorite place again today, via the ambulance.

But I'm still going to SW Weekends.:D

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Aw, sorry to hear that Mayo_Solo. I'm sure we could find ya a personal speeder to toot around in :)

9. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    The Daytona group completly rocks and it has nothing to do with the fact that I am a ERAU student.

(I know it's ERU but I am hardcore old school.)

I'd be willing to play with them

10. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    As Q99213 knows, I'm with the blasty R2-Detroit group from Michigan (His CR's home state) going down to march in the parade during the BIG June 6-8 weekend. :D That weekend is going to have the most costumers in the parade and should be a blast with all the SW fans! Hope to see everyone there. ;)

I remember Mandy from CII and would like to see her, along with the rest of you. I just hate reading her posts involving ambulances and hospitals. :(

Hey Mayo_Solo, check your PMs and May the Force be with You and your health. :)

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Spectre, ERAU just sounds better ;)

12. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    I won't be able to make it in June. I'll be out of town, and maybe, if my health improves, out of the country.

There are only two good weekends in May that are good for me. The weekends of May 16-18, and May 23-25.

13. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Destiny,

Star Wars Weekends is an annual event at Disney-MGM. Every weekend between May 16 and mid-June (forgot the exact date) for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, they have special Star Wars events. MGM's website is here. Then go to the Special Events section.

I'm glad there are so many others coming for this. :) I'd definitely like to meet up with all of you. I'll be there May 17. I know the Orlando board has some info about this as well, so be sure to keep an eye on that. When any definite plans are made for meeting, I'll post them here as well.

Mayo! :eek: I just may show up with that bubble wrap next time I see you. Seriously, though, I hope you're okay.

-Katie
    Thumper

14. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    So is this all definit? My parents are trying to work out a way for me to go. They have to meet with a client, on that Saturday. But my mom said that since I've been hrough so much lately, and there's more to come, she'd like for me to go.

Plus, I'm going to have a surgery soon, and my oparents want to make sure to scheduel it, so that I can still go to Star Wars weekends. It's a surgery on my heart, by catherization. So I'll have to spend the night at Miami University hospital.

I'm really excited about this!

15. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    You are excited?!? About heart surgery?!?

Boy...I knew you were nutz but... <eg>

SWW is going to be very cool! I'm sorry I'm going to miss it the opening weekend with you guys.

Have fun at SWW everyone! Hope you all can meet up somewhere and do the Star Tours...

16. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Heehee. I'm excited about SWW. lol.

I'm dreading the surgery. And all of my friends are arguing over who gets to keep me company while I'm off my feet.

17. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    To anyone going to SWW this Saturday, May 17, we're planning on meeting members from other FanForces at 10am at the Backlot Express in MGM. Everyone's welcome to come for this. Dex1138 has some badges you can download here so we can recognize other FanForcers.

-Katie
    Thumper

18. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Sorry we missed out on the FF meeting. We got there a little later than expected. I did see you at one point just outside Backlot around 10:30 or so, but then you vanished into the crowd.
    I have some pics of the event up at my site. You can follow the link in this thread to where my badges are posted to find them. If anyone has pics of their own to share, that'd be great!
    Enjoy!

19. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Sorry we missed you, Dex. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's disappearing into the crowd. ;)

I just got my pics of the parade scanned and I should have them up tonight. I'll post the link when I do.

-Katie
    Thumper

20. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Wow, finally got around to posting pics. They're mostly of the 501st in the SW parade (and the pics aren't that great), but they're here.

Mayo, the pic I took of you came out really well. I didn't post it though, 'cause I wasn't sure if you'd like that. PM me your e-mail addy so I can send it to you.

-Katie
    Thumper

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Cool pics! :)

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, I've uploaded the pics that I took yesterday with Jayna and Gold188 to the Beachtrooper site. Enjoy! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.