main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    It's OFFICIAL !! - Disney's MGM Studios will be having Star Wars Weekends on the following dates: Fridays,
    Saturdays and Sundays, May 14 to June 13, 2004

Whoever doesn't have an annual pass, please contact me. I can take up to 3 people and will be trying to go as many weekends as possible (only can do Saturdays & Sundays). UNLESS they block me out!

So we have Megacon in March, canoe trip in ? and SW weekends for May & June! Wow, our calendars are full!

Melanie

2. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    Count me in!

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Campbell is poor and would like to call shotgun on a few of those if possible!

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm interested, but I am also of the poorness, so any assistance in that regard would be appreciated. :)

L8r

5. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Hi,

Newbie here, and I live in St. Cloud, FL. Went to SW Weekends last year (all 5!) and had a pretty good time. Gonna go again this year as my annual pass has just been renewed. So, what does the Orlando area group do? I'm all new at this, but would love to meet up with other SW fans. Who else is going to go?

jedigirl99

6. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    Being a newbie myself, it looks like we're having a growth spurt here in Orlando!

Hey Jedigirl, there's a post about your first experience with Star Wars, I'm sure the rest of us would like to hear YOUR story!

Mark

7. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    Growth spurt? I can't wait for the super train to be up and running between here and Tampa! In the last week I've almost had 2 wrecks.

My first SW story would have to be ummmmm, say about the opening weekend 1977 of A New Hope. My parents made me go and for those of you around back then, yall remember usually only one movie showed per showing, per theatre (not the usual 6-8 of today. Well, I had no clue as to anything SW before I saw the movie, but was floored at the long line of folks waiting to get their tickets 3 hours prior to the show (I thought mom and dad were pulling a fast one). This is back in the good ole days of hot summer sun and having to stand in line outside the theatre. Tallahassee is hot as balls in the summer. I was blown away by the movie and needless to say, I've been hooked ever since then, but none of my friends were into SW, so it was kinda something I never got the chance to really get into through the years. Kinda neat to have found this website. Hope to see some of yall around.

jedigirl99

8. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I was there all 5 weekends last year and Ill be there all 5 weekends this year. Renewing my annual pass this month.

Dale

9. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh, and I've got Universal tickets if anyone wants to trade for Disney tickets. Maybe that can help get me in.

L8r

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Welcome, JediGirl! You should try to make a meeting soon to try us on for size. Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi. -Campbell

ps- Mike, I have more bumper stickers if you'd like to trade them for Universal access. ;)

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    See, now somehow bumper stickers for tickets doesn't seem like a fair trade. :p But anything is up for negotiation.

heh heh

L8r

12. Bradleyfett

Bradleyfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    Having just received an invitation to join the board here, I am a newbie too!

I am curious to hear some feedback for those who have attended SW Weekends last year or in past years. What did you like? What did you do? What would you like to see different?

I am involved in the event on a small level- I don't make any of the decisions though, so the feedback I am asking for is really just out of curiousity. I get the 'inside' view of the event, but rarely the fan's view.

Mark

13. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Welcome Mark!! Now we have 2 Marks!
    I have never really done the SW weekends as a fan. I normally just go to MGM and have fun. I will be planning on doing at least 4 of the 5 weekends this year and taking along 3 guests with me.
    Who, when, where & what dates to be posted at a later date. Why? Who knows, just a big softey I guess.

Melanie

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Welcome, new Mark!
    I'm a collector, so I like to get some of the exclusive merchandise released on the Weekends. I don't typically go to more than 2 or 3 times, depending on the celebrities scheduled. When I do go my favorite things are the celebrity interactions (like the "talkshow" format last year), any exclusive footage or presentations, and the SW edition of Millionaire. -Campbell

15. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    I will probably be there every weekend. Last year I went to all 5 and had a pretty good time aside from the one time I had to wait in line in the blazing sun for an autograph. Yeah, the interview part was fun and interesting. I think seeing Billie Dee Williams was a big shocker cause he looked so run down. Kinda looked like a dirty ole man, but hee hee, he was kinda swaaaaavy in the SW movies. So, who is going and who is not? Anyone get there like 6:00am??

jedigirl99

16. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Hey, how is SW weekends? I never got to go last year. I knew about it, but I was lazy and forgot. But that will NEVER happen again... I hope. Also, I snatched bradleyfett from another forum. A wise little green man once said that "size matters not!" but I beg to differ. The bigger the group, the more fun that can happen!

And is the Orlando area exploding with events and conventions all-of-a-sudden? last year I knew nothing about conventions. This yeah there is like 5! And seeing how we are kinda supposed to represent the city and all, we may have to make a booth sometime like the 501st. Just a thought. Would prolly grab a TON of new members.

Seeya,
    -Anthony

17. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Hey, I'm from New Jersey. Arrr, this happened a few years ago too! Again, my planned vacation to Disney World is a week earliar than SW Weekends! :(

18. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    THEN CHANGE IT!!!

19. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Sheeesh, what wrong side of the bed did you wake up on? You know in the real world when people bid for work off they can't always "just change it". Also, once you book non-refundable airfare, it's just that- non-refundable, unless you booked with Southwest airlines (my personal favorite).
    So ease up youngling. ;)

Melanie

20. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    Change it? Kids. I remember when I was a kid and had no worries except getting my allowance. Now bills, taxes, work, insurances. Geesh I wish I was still in high school.

21. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Cambell I have you covered for disney.... my dad can get me, aaron and one more person in....looks like it is you :)

Ia

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Begging really works! Thanks, Ia! That's fantastic. Something tells me any day I get in on a pass I'll spend more than the price of admission on chintzy Star Wars swag. This is going to be the best Christmas ever! er, well, you know what I mean. -Campbell

23. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    hehehe I thought you would be happy Cambell :) just keep me up to date with when you want to go...if my favorite two girls are there...then youll bet ill be there :)

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    We'll figure out a really vague schedule at the upcoming meeting. I'm just about to start a new job at my hotel so I don't know which days I'll be able to get off just yet. I'll do my best to go when it's best for you. -Campbell

25. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I plan on going every weekend. Probably every Saturday and 1 or 2 Sundays, not sure yet. I have had Mike respond that he wants to go in under my pass and Campbell, the days Ia doesn't go, I can cover. Anyone else need to get in?

Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.