main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    What no landing pad/water tower? What a waste of a nice graphic. -Campbell

2. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hi everyone! I am new to the group. I was wondering if anyone is going to the fan breakfast? I tried to get tickets but it is sold out already.

3. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    "In my experience, there's no such thing as [Breakfast]"

Welcome aboard, MB.

Where did you try to get tickets? I've found absolutely nothing official about a 2004 breakfast at the Weekends. After scouring the fan and official sites I came up dry. My opinion is that there will not be a breakfast and I'm 99% certain that we've not missed an opportunity to buy tickets. -Campbell

4. MarasBlade

Aug 31, 2000
    The fan club breakfast is June 7 and the info is on the Star Wars insider web site(Paizo publishing website. The breakfast is sold out already.

5. MarasBlade

Aug 31, 2000
    After looking at the website again, I just realized that the info I looked at was for last year. I'm sorry for the mix-up.

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Whew!
    No worries!
    At least now the mystery's solved and we won't be missing anything.

7. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Yeah, I was seriously considering getting mad. I remember last year, as a passholder, I got information via mail concerning the breakfast way in advance, but this year, nothing. So, perhaps they are not having a breakfast because at this late a date, I can't imagine them setting it up now. That is a bummer, cause last year, with Anakin only being like, 6 mos. old, it was a no brainer.

jedigirl99

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Was just reading Stefanie's site and found that 4-6 June is to be the Fan Club Weekend. What exactly does this mean and where have you (anybody) heard of it? Assuming there's no breakfast, does it just mean the 501st is in it? No offense to those involved, but that's not remotely enough to bring me in that particular weekend.

I must know as soon as possible, as I'm starting to think maybe it's not the Official Fan Club, but the city's own: Orlando System. If they want me to ride in one of the parade cars I need some notice. -Campbell

9. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    mayeb that weekend should be our official fan force weekend

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm planning on hitting the first day, 14 May. Maybe I'll finally get to meet this JediGirl the papers report on so often these days.

I'm also going to try to make it on the Friday the 28th, for Anthony Daniels, and hopefully on Sunday, 6 June.
    Also, a tip. At the front of the park there's a guest service office that usually has extra, free, unsigned 5x7 photos of the celebrities. If anybody wants to pick up extras, there's bound to be those of us that would appreciate them (for Weekends we miss). Cough, cough. -Campbell

11. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Hi everyone!
    I am new to this forum, but a SW Weekends veteran. Some of you may know me as DarthShader from other forums.

Disney will be doing a few thing different for the 2004 event. There will be NO WRISTBANDS for autographs this year. They will be using the FastPass system, and there will be 3 autograph sessions per day. Autograph venues will be located on Mickey ave this time.

Jake Lloyd, Anthony Daniels, and the other SW celebrities WILL be signing items.

Jedi training academy for the young ones will be expanded to include more participants.

The Special Events team at Disney MGM Studios will have more info for me to pass along first part of the week.

Here is some of the coverage I worked on for last year's event:

http://www.galactichunter.com/features/weekends/index.asp

Perhaps some of you will find the information helpful.

12. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Im curious as to how the fast pass system is going to work. Will it be like the rides, you stick your ticket in and get a slip or something? Can you get more than one session?

13. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Yep, that's the idea.

The special events team with MGM will be in touch with me again over the next few days, and I will pass along more details. The Fast Pass system was tested for MGM's Super Soaps Weekends, and Disney feels it will allow many more guest access to celebrities. It is nice to see that Disney works to improve the quality of the events every year, it will never be perfect.

I attend every year, and have grown to enjoy the event more and more. It helps to know how things work at the park before you go, similar to vacation planning.

14. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I look forward to reading your posts.

15. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok. My official days I will be going will be May 14 Friday, May 28 Friday and June 6th Sunday. I currently have an opening for 1 more person for May 14th &/or May 28th. Anyone need an entry who doesn't have one please PM me.

Melanie

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks for the tips, RadicalRay. And glad to see you here.

I won't reveal your identity because I don't see it in your profile, but you may remember contacting eachother on the official boards. We also both went to, but did not meet at, the Fan Club Breakfast.

I've got a question for you. Have you heard of the 4-6 June Weekend being the Fan Club Weekend? If so, is it only because the 501st will be marching?

Have you decided which days you'll be going? I'd like to finally say hi in person one of these days, and there's no better place than the SWW. -Campbell

17. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    That wouldn't be me, would it? The paper reporting about? I am going to be there the first day around 6:00 am. Friday the 14th May.

jedigirl99

18. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Thank you Radicalray, I just reveiwed your link & post - very informative. Even though I've worked for the mouse for 12 years I never went to SWW. I know, I know. How could I call myself a fan and never have gone? :p Well, I listened to friends & co-workers who always told me it was lame, over crowded, and they said I wouldn't have any fun. Little did I know, these are evil dark side people who don't like Star Wars. Extreme shocked face = :eek:
    Well, I have seen the light side and thanks to the fan force will be attending this year. Fun will be had by all and then I can point out how very wrong these others were.

Melanie

19. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    Update here on MGM. Just got back from over there this afternoon and went to Guest Relations and Star Tours to inquire about SWW and the 2 week closing of Star Tours. SWW IS going to do it FastPass style. No wristbands and they haven't decided where they are going to issue them. The word is Still Get There Early is possible. There are a limited number of fastpasses.

As for the closing of Star Tours, they are simply upgrading both the picture and sound systems. You have to admit, the picture is getting kinda scratchy looking. They are not changing the format at all.

Hope this helps.

jedigirl99

20. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Thanks for the update.

L8r

21. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Does that mean since the fastpass is going to be used, you can only get one fastpass for an auto per day?

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    That's a good question. Logically, I think that each celebrity should count as a fastpass, but if it's like the rides you can only have one active fastpass at a time. Which effectively means you only get a signature for one celebrity. I think they'll work it out so we can get both in one day, but we'll see.

Thanks for the info, JediGirl.

23. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    I think what they were explaining to me was, you can get one fastpass per ticket, per day and then you can get a stand by for the other person signing that day. If I understood the man as he explained it, you would only be allowed one fastpast ticket per person per celebrety. This was done to allow more people access to the signing. So, my youngest son, who is under 3 and doesn't have an annual pass, will not be allowed to get a fastpass, thus no signature this year as opposed to last year when he just needed a wristband. Maybe since his name is Anakin, they will be NICE and do it anyway. As for the stand by; that is IF there are any fastpasses left over for the other person.

They also said that there would be 3 signing sessions per day as opposed to last year's 2 sessions. Jeez, I hope it isn't in the full blazing hot sun again.

jedigirl99

24. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Here is some Official news from the Special Events Team at Disney MGM Studios:

"They will be signing items other than their photocards but are contracted to sign one autograph per person.(even Anthony Daniels) That will not change.
    The guests will need FAST PASS to obtain an autograph and the machine will be on Mickey Ave. at the Millionaire location.
    They will not open until 9:00am even on our Resort Day. Remember there are 3 sessions per day.
    A Guest will be able to get one guaranteed FAST PASS person for each celebrity and then one standby for each celebrity per day.
    Guests do not have to show up really early in the morning. "

25. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    I asked them about showing up real early in the morning since they were opting to do the fastpass and the answer to me was, yes, get there early if you want a guaranteed ticket since they will be limited and not everyone will be guaranteed a ticket if they want one. He said, once they are gone, they are gone, and not everyone will get standby; only if there are any left. At least that is what the manager came out and told me on Sunday morning at MGM. I am not taking any chances of just showing up at normal opening hours. At least they won't be letting in the resort guest any earlier.

Mickey Ave.? Wow! That is gonna be a race!

jedigirl99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.