main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I was at MGM today, and wasnt to thrilled about what they told me. I hope we can at least get one for each celeb each day. they told me only one def. and one standby and to get there early becasue once theyre gone, theyre gone. Ill be there early, and I hope to get at least one of each actor/celeb. Any new news will gladly be read, so please keep the updates coming in.

Dale

2. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    More Official Disney info:

"Process for "On Location" Autograph Sessions for Star Wars Weekends

Disney's FASTPASS® service, developed to reduce wait times for popular Disney theme park attractions, will be utilized for all "On Location" Autograph Sessions at this year's Star Wars Weekends. It's easy to use and will allow you to secure a FASTPASS Return Time for a designated autograph session. So now you can go enjoy other Star Wars Weekends activities instead of waiting in line for a session; knowing that you will still get that special autograph.

How Do I Get a FASTPASS Ticket?

· Each member of your party inserts his or her theme park ticket into the FASTPASS station or kiosk for the celebrity they wish to meet.
    · If FASTPASSES are still available, they'll each receive a FASTPASS ticket with a Return Time for that celebrity's autograph session.
    · To receive your autograph, just show up at the autograph location at the time designated on your FASTPASS ticket.
    · A FASTPASS ticket is required for each autograph.

Where Do I Get a FASTPASS Ticket?

· There will be one distribution area.

· Star Wars Weekend Celebrity FASTPASS tickets will be located at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - Play It!

Is There a Limit to the Number of FASTPASS Tickets I Can Get?

· Yes, you will be able to get one guaranteed FASTPASS per celebrity and one standby FASTPASS if there is availability.
    · There is a capacity limit for each autograph session.
    · Tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

Can I Get a FASTPASS Ticket for a Member of My Party That is Not Present?

· No, each Guest must be present with their theme park ticket to receive a FASTPASS.

Can I Reserve FASTPASS Tickets?

· Distribution of FASTPASS tickets will begin when the park opens and are only good for Autograph Sessions that same day.
    · FASTPASS tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

Will I Be Able To Get An Autograph Without a FASTPASS Ticket?

· FASTPASS tickets are required to receive an autograph.
    · However, once all the FASTPASS tickets are distributed for a particular actor, a limited number of Standby Tickets will be made available.
    · Standby Tickets do not guarantee an autograph. standby ticket holders will be taken if there is time remaining in a session after all FASTPASS ticket holders have received their autographs."

3. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Official Disney press info:
    "STAR WARS WEEKENDS 2004
    Dates:
    · May 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
    · June 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
    With the park's famous Star Tours thrill ride serving as the centerpiece of the celebration, Star Wars Weekends fills the Disney-MGM Studios with dozens of heroes, heroines, droids and villains from the famous film saga. Each weekend, fans are able to "star gaze," as two Star Wars celebrities take part in meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and Hollywood-style motorcades.
    Details:
    · Activities are included with regular Disney-MGM Studios admission.
    · Check with Resort Guest Services and Parks Guest Relations for updated information on Celebrities and Events.
    · Advise Guests to refer to the Times Guides in May and June the weekend of their visit for specific times and locations.
    · For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, Guests may visit disneyworld.com or www.starwars.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, Guests can call 407-W-Disney or a travel agent.
    · Note: all times are subject to change or cancellation due to weather or talent restrictions.
    o Weekend 1 (May 14, 15, 16)
    o Weekend 2 (May 21, 22, 23)
    o Weekend 3 (May 28, 29, 30)
    o Weekend 4 (June 4, 5, 6)
    o Weekend 5 (June 11, 12, 13)
    Autograph Sessions:
    Celebrities will participate in 3 autograph sessions per day. FASTPASS tickets are required for a Guest to obtain an autograph. The guests can obtain FASTPASS tickets at the Millionaire FASTPASS distribution area on Mickey Ave. This will open at 9am. Due to time restrictions Guests will be allowed one autograph per person.
    Weekend 1 - May 14, 15, & 16
    · Jeremy Bulloch :"Boba Fett"
    · Jake Lloyd :young"Anakin Skywalker"
    Weekend 2 - May 21, 22, & 23
    · Peter Mayhew :"Chewbacca"
    · Jerome Blake: "Rune Haako"
    Weekend 3 - May 28, 29, & 30
    · Anthony Daniels :"C3PO"
    · Andy Secombe: "Watto"
    Weekend 4 - June 4, 5, & 6
    · Warwick Davis :"Wicket the Ewok"
    · Mike Quinn: "Nien Nunb"
    Weekend 5 - June 11, 12, & 13
    · Daniel Logan :young"Boba Fett"
    · Amy Allen :"Ayla Secura"

4. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Official Disney info:

"Also featured at the five-week fan-fest:
    Information Desk -- Located at the entrance to the event area, across from Drew Carey: Sounds Dangerous. Have all your event questions answered and sign up for our different Trivia contests to test your Star Wars knowledge.
    Jedi Mickey and Star Wars Character Meet & Greets -- One of the largest gatherings anywhere of characters from all five Star Wars films -- from Queen Amidala and Darth Maul to Jango Fett and Greedo -- will roam Disney-MGM Studios greeting Guests, signing autographs, and posing for photographs.
    Legends of the Force: A Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade -- A galaxy of Star Wars characters join the celebrities in a Motorcade up Hollywood Blvd. all the way up to the Star Tours attraction.
    Stars of the Saga: Star Wars Celebrity Talk Show -- Fascinating Question & Answer sessions with both of the weekend's celebrities. Occurs once a day at the ABC TV Theater
    Star Tours: High-Energy Thrill Ride -- Guests can take flight to the moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator that salutes the Star Wars series. Synchronizing a stunning film with the virtually limitless gyrations of the simulator, the attraction takes guests on a hair-raising, light-speed trip aboard a careening star speeder.

Star Wars Special edition "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Play It! -- Two Star Wars themed shows of the popular game show attraction "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire--Play It!" per day. There will be a variety of Star Wars -inspired questions with added Star Wars prizes. The attraction's studio audience can join in the fun by answering trivia questions using keypads installed at each seat.
    Star Wars Trivia Challenges -- Star Wars Trivia challenges will take place at the Star Tours plaza to test fans' film knowledge. One adult and one children's trivia challenge per day with the winners receiving Star Wars prizes.

Jedi Training Academy -- Eight times a day, lucky youngsters will be chosen at random to take part in the "Jedi Training Academy," giving Jedi hopefuls the chance to train with a Jedi Master and then test their skills against Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Held in the Star Tours plaza.
    Behind the Force: The Saga Continues -- Once a day at the ABC TV Theater during each weekend. A compelling behind-the-scenes look into the making of the Star Wars saga.
    Star Wars Weekends Hyperspace Hoopla -- At the Star Tours plaza. Star Wars characters and guests gather for music and fun at the galaxy's most unusual watering hole.
    A Galaxy of Collectibles -- Disney and Lucasfilm, Ltd. have created limited edition and event-exclusive Star Wars merchandise that will be available in Tatooine Traders. With a look inspired by scenes in the Star Wars movies, the retail location is adjacent to the Ewok Village set at the Star Tours attraction.
    Photo Location -- Models of C3PO and R2-D2 in front of an event signature backdrop.
    Video Starcade -- Featuring the best in Star Wars-inspired electronic and video games can be found in Soundstage 1."

5. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Who is gonna be there next Friday the 14th? I'll get there early enough and it would be neat to meet some of yall. My name is Robin and I have shoulder length blondish hair, 5ft. 5 inches about 125 lbs. and I'll be there with my 12 years old. I won't be wearing any get up or have any special stuff on, just probably a pair of white shorts and a shirt. I know, I'll wear my Jedi Training shirt (it's blue).

jedigirl99

6. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Signs point to "Yes" that Mike, Melanie, Dale, and I will all be there that morning as well. I'll be wearing clothes, but not sure which. Probably my Celebration2 shirt. -Campbell

7. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    I will be there every weekend, reporting the event to a few SW sites. Not sure what I will be wearing yet, but usually something that says Radical Ray (my business name) on it. My name is Sharon. I hope to meet a few of you there.

Sorry about all the long posts, Disney was nice enough to put that info together for the fans. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just want to help you all plan ahead for the event.

8. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    well it looks like im going the last weekend for sure... my favortie star war girl ....amy allen .... yayayayayayay!!!

9. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I saw you posted that they wont open the fastpass machine until 9 even on resort days. Last year they didnt hand out the wrist bands early on resort days either, but they were still allowed to line up at 8 once they were in the park, which just made the line long already when they let everyone else in at 9. I know becasue I got a hotel room for each weekend last year just to get in early. Im sure that its going to be the same this year as well, although they cant get fastpasses early, they will still be able to line up for them. But who knows with this fastpass system maybe it wont matter for resort days now.

10. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    I may be wrong, but I think what the manager was saying to me was that even the resort guest were not going to be let in early during SWW. I could be wrong, but I truely believe that is what he told me. I asked about that specifically and he was telling me that they had a lot of backlash on that last year (yes, I remember watching all the resort people go in early and smoke was invisibly coming out at the ears!). On special event weekends, I think on Disney's part that it would be best to omit the early admittance since not everyone realizes what is going on. Of course, you can only get in early on Weds and Sats. Thus, I am going on Friday the 14th.

jedigirl

11. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003
    Hello all!

So who all from FanForce will be coming on my weekend of 4th-6th of June? Be sure to let me know you are from here if you get a chance... or just wave and shout... or something. I'm sorry if some of you were hoping for a bigger celeb or Billy Dee (who had to cancel because of his play extending). Well it's not the first time I've bailed out Lando.. he heee.... Well they asked me and it was just too good an opportunity to pass up. I can't wait to go.

I belive this is also the weekend of the Fan Club Breakfast. It seems they do not need me for that so I'll be standing outside looking in all forlorn and hungry and drooling at the bacon.... :( Oh well....

As far as signing goes.... I'm not sure my contract specifies I only sign one item per person but I know they want to keep the lines moving so everyone gets a look in. I seem to recall in past years sneaking in extra signatures and the Disney staff rushing over to reprimand the guests "ONLY ONE PER PERSON" etc... Some came through the line more than once at the end of the signing hour (which was fine by me). As you may know, we are now doing 3 sessions instead of two this year which should make it easier for everyone to get what the need hopefully.

I also hope to see you at the Chat Show / Q&A as I enjoy those immensely. So be sure to give me a holler and a wave if you're gonna be there!

Thanks and take care all.... and have FUN!!!

Mike

12. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I'll be there june 4th. that is the only day I can go. I hope to be able to meet some of you there!

13. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Mike,

Glad youre coming again. I met you last year at SWW, and again in Atl. Ga with Jeri from Jacksonville. I was with Bob Gordon, not sure if you remember him, but we had a ton of stuff signed by you. Looking forward to seeing you there again this year.

Dale

14. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    [in the voice of Kermit the Frog]
    Hey everybody, it's MIKE QUINN!
    [back to my normal cornfed announcer voice]
    For those of you not in the loop, in Star Wars terms, this guy is the real McCoy- one of the original "Masked Men" of the Star Wars Trilogy. Mike played Nien Nunb, jowly co-pilot of the Millennium Falcon, beside Lando Calrissian in a little film I like to call Return of the Jedi. More info and even more Star Wars connections can be found at his website, www.QuinnZone.com (which I assure you has nothing to do with toasted sandwiches).

Mike, I'll be attending that Sunday (6 June) and look forward to meeting you. Thanks for coming back to Star Wars Weekends, and thanks for popping in on our humble message boards- We appreciate it. -Campbell

15. jedigirl99

Feb 24, 2004
    Yeah, I remember Mike from last year. Mike if your'e still reading any of these messages, aren't you the one that my husband and I saw over at Pleasure Island one night during SWW last year? You were kinda hanging out at the entrance watching the video on the big screen outdoors? We came up and said "hi" and chatted for a bit. Pleasure to see you are going to be around again this year.

jedigirl

16. NienNunb1

Nov 3, 2003
    Nice to hear from you all.
    Dale, you and Bob were my best customers that weekend in Hotlanta... HA!!! Jerri remembers you too. Glad you'll be back. Hope you don't have to wait in long lines or anything this year!

Hey Campbell. That's amazing. You sounded JUST like Kermit there!!! Now I want a toasted sandwich.... damn you!!! Thanks for the web site plug. I'm rebuilding it now and hope to get the new one up really soon with lots more media and info. See you on the 6th!

Hi Jedigirl. Yeah I remember. I was waiting for the fireworks that never came 'cos it was too windy. Then it was too loud to talk- ha ha.....

Looking forward to it all!!!

Have BIG fun!!!

Mike

17. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Mike,

Lol, that was some convention huh? We spent more time driving up there and back then we did at the actual convention. Hows Jerris book coming along. Wasnt it called Jedi Jewel or something like that? Im still waiting to hear about whats going on with it. Would still like to get a copy when its all finished.

Dale

18. NienNunb1

Nov 3, 2003
    Hey Dale,
    Yes, the Jedi Jewel.... Well it was written by a friend of Jerri's. We were just helping out and I was endorsing it. Last thing I heard was the writer was looking for a new literary agent to present it to Lucasfilm publishing. As far as I can tell, she has severed all ties with us so I'm not sure what's going on in her head regarding it all. Ahhh well.... one tries eh? It takes all sorts... as they say!

Later man!

Mike

19. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Mike,

Thanks for the info.

Dale

20. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    This is the last message on this: I have 1 opening left for this Friday May 14th. If someone needs to go in for free to MGM under my pass please PM me.
    If you already have your pass and are going, see you there! Melanie

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    MikeQ, if you've still got your ears on- you mention yours might be the weekend of the fan club breakfast. This is driving me a bit batty because several people have made little unconfirmed mentions of this. Are you sure they're having one? I know you said you weren't needed (blasphemy!), but I'm hoping you might have more info than I. I tend to watch for this sort of event very closely and everything I've seen leads me to believe there's not really any official breakfast related to the Fan Club.

see you there- Campbell

Obviously, if anyone else has any leads, please post.

22. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    id like to post on our header an official fanforce sww day. what shall it be?

23. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    SW Weekend contest, only a few days left to enter!

http://brighthousenetworks47.com/

24. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I have to pick July to visit Orlando, there is no god. :_|

You lucky people.

25. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    See some of you tommorrow!! (Friday) Who's bringing donuts & coffee?

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.