main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Sharon, please forgive the fact that I live very, very close to a Krispy Kreme that's actually on the way to Disney from my house. I'll be lucky to have my eyes open.
    Many thanks for that contest link- here's a bit more direct version
    http://brighthousenetworks47.com/sww/jedi.htm

I'll be there by 9am with Melanie, Mike, Dale, and Susan. Sorry you can't join us, Cuckoo, but at least enter that contest.

I'll be surprised if there's a better turnout for an official OS weekend, but this'll be my first of 3. I plan to go tomorrow (Friday), the 28th, and the 6th. Hope to meet lots of you there.

In just a few short hours, I'll be there in a black ILM shirt with a T-Rex on the back. Please stop me and say Hi- I answer to Campbell.

2. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Imheaded there right now. Im wearing a green Biker Scout.net t shirt. See you all there.

Dale

3. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003

Hey Campbell!

Hmmm... you may be right! It seems to have gone quiet down at Paizo.com. Perhaps it has been cancelled this year? I expect there must be some news with THIS being the first SW weekend.

Anyway... keep cool down there and be sure to have a ball. See you soon!

Mike

P.S. anyone who's going- send my best to Jeremy and Peter ;)

4. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    The first SWW??? It's been going on for a few years now. Or am I just missing somehting?

5. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, I got there at 6:30am and after asking a few people if anyone was from this site with no affirmatives, I quit asking. I sure wish I had gotten to meet some of yall. I went with my 12 years old, was the 4th person to get the first autograph session with Jake Llyod, went to that, then went to eat and then the Interview Session on the stage. Oh well, better luck next time. Wasn't someone else suppose to show around 6ish?? My son and I were right up front in the center (we got in early)and stood up when they asked if anyone had seen the movies at least 50 times.

jedigirl

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm sorry we missed you, jedigirl. Melanie, Campbell, and myself arrived around 8:30am or so. We found Dale and Suzanne (sp?) front and center at the gates. Dale arrived a lot earlier than we did. ;) We also went to the interview but sat down when they asked if we had seen all the movies at least 50 times. Heh heh. I guess the communication just wasn't there, but we all had a blast. I can't wait until we go again! Perhaps we can give this a go again and meet up?

L8r

P.S. I took a few pics and loaded them onto my computer. I'm dog tired now so I'll resize and compress them later and then upload them for viewing.

I'm glad Campbell talked me into getting that autograph. And also made sure a personal touch was added to it. Whoda man? Yoda man. :)

7. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I was there rather early. I was up front and center, and I was actually the very first one in the park. I was also like the 6th or 7th person for Jake Llyod, because I got tripped up by some people jumping in front of me, and trying to block me out of the way. No big deal though, but next time I wont be as nice. I went to the interview and was still standing after the 50 times question, I am a die hard Star Wars fan. I had a gret time spent about 800 on cool stuff. Going back tomorrow and do it all over again, well except spending the 800 bucks. Wish everyone could go again tomorrow.

Dale

8. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    OMG. 800 bucks!!!! I don't even want to think about it. Didn't buy anything cause even tho I liked the Obi-Darth Pin, nothing else appealed to me (I am not a fan of the mouse). I wish they would come out with something other than jewelry etc. I don't like that kind of stuff, but heh heh, I would dig the bikini line ala Princess Leia, but reckon that would be a tad bit too much for Disney. That was kinda funny when they said that Jake had to remember it was "Disney" before he replied. I was thinking, "let her rip". However, he played nice with the baby signing. That was kinda strange. Signing a baby. Not like you can keep the signature.

Can we like have some sort of ID thingy? Like I could wear something (please no signs) for the next weekends. I won't be getting there quite so early again except for the last weekend, but I'm sure we can work it out.

jedigirl

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    A better reply will follow tomorrow, as sleep has not entered my world (other than at the Indy Stunt Spectacular) since those two scant hours before I opened MGM Friday.

But for now- Thanks to the group of Dale, Mike, Melanie, and Susan. I think I had the best time I've ever had at a Star Wars Weekend with you guys yesterday. So many things went right, and we all seemed to so genuinely enjoy our time that we continually regrouped after anyone splintered off during an appointment (like an autographing).

We spotted Sharon, but I missed actually meeting her as I was meeting Jake Lloyd at the time. So, Sharon- Halloo- hope you had a ball.

Thanks to everyone who went- unbelievable that we had two group daylong outings (Ia, I know this wasn't registered official) in one week. Now this is [community]. Thanks again to everyone- and to anyone going to any of the SWW- Enjoy! -Campbell

10. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Hey everyone!!
    Sorry I didn't get to stay & chat, but I will be back today (saturday).

Hope everyone had a good time, and look forward to meeting you all again! I will be waering red on Saturday.

See ya in the trenches!

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I could wear my ZooAtlanta hat next time. I doubt anyone else would be wearing one of those . . . ;)

L8r

12. DLo

DLo Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2004
    I attended SWW today and got in to meet Jeremy Bulloch at 12:25pm. The fast pass distribution made getting an autograph much more comfortable, other that actually waiting for the fast pass in the morning I didn't have to wait any other time for an autograph. My feet are very thankful!

The merchandise this year is very cool, the pin collections and the collector's crystal are a little pricey, but the logo is the best yet I think.

Jeremy was in his usual high spirits. I spoke with his wife Maureen briefly about his new book and she invited me to the Boardwalk resort at Disney to purchase it if I am interested. Not sure if I am going to go, but I was flattered that she invited to their resort.

Jake Lloyd is very cool, even for a 15-year old. He's very humble about his involvement with Star Wars and he seems aware of the mixed reviews fans had in regard to his performance in Episode I and he thanked the crowds for not stoning him and for being so kind. He is also signing more than 1 item per person if they ask nicely, so I am going back tomorrow with a few things. A friend of mine is his tour guide and she said he is just so happy to be here, he'll sign almost anything.

Most of the theming is the same as last year, but they've added a few snazzy features. I won't spoil what they are.... unless someone wants me to.

Hope everyone gets a chance to go!

13. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Another fun filled eventful day. I wore my Anakin Jedi costume from EP II today. Had my picture taken about 100 times, and signed about 50 autographs, of course I signed Anakin Skywalker, great time. The kids followed me around and I made a bunch of people happy. I think Im going to wear it every Saturday. Got 5 autographs today from Jeremy and Jake. Ill be back again tomorrow.

14. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Just another little Official update:

No Official SW fan club Breakfast this year at SW Weekends.
    :(
    This does not mean such events will not continue in the future, but it will not be happening at SW Weekends this year.

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Here are the pics I took on Friday. I was there with Campbell, Melanie, Susan, and Dale. I didn't take too many pics; I'm linking all but three that I took (two of those were bad angles I later compensated for and one just didn't come out). Anyhoo, these are all resized and compressed, so if any look a bit pixelated, that's why.

Here is a Tusken Raider I thought looked pretty cool. It was difficult to get a good pic because he was moving around and there was a huge crowd about.

We bumped into Kermit and Miss Piggy after viewing MuppetVision 3D. That's Dale in the foreground.

Here is the air hockey table where Campbell royally kicked my butt! Either he's really good or I was just tired. Yeah, had to be the second one. ;)

Ignore the giant white dome in the foreground in these next few pics. Heh heh.

This is a pic of the inside of the theater where they had the celebrity interview/Q&A with Jeremy Bulloch and Jake Lloyd. There were about a half dozen stormtroopers present prior to the show to keep us all in line, but they couldn't help but rag on each other a bit, too. Especially the poor guy who hit his head on the door frame in ANH. [face_laugh]

Here is a pic of Bulloch getting interviewed. He was pretty self-deprecating and gracious.

Here is a pic of Lloyd getting interviewed. He was pretty casual (note the wardrobe) and funny. I wasn't the biggest fan of his going in, but what I saw of him on Friday made me appreciate Jake Lloyd the person more. I can't believe he autographed a baby! [face_laugh]

Here is Bulloch and Lloyd posing for a pic after the all too brief Q&A ended.

Here is Campbell getting friendly with Jeremy Bulloch.

Here is Campbell making nice with Jake Lloyd. I appreciate him getting Jake to personalize my autograph. That was cool.

The crowd gathered around this AT-AT was waiting to watch the Star Wars Trivia Contest. I would have more pictures from the contest, but Campbell and Dale didn't make it too far. ;) I keed, I keed. About half the contestants were eliminated before they were, so they hung in pretty good.

Here is the fake Hooters girl that was wandering the park all day. I don't know what her deal was, but she didn't fill out the uniform, she always had this bewildered look on her face, and I have to question her timing. I mean, it's Star Wars Weekends, not Hooters Weekends! Though if there were such a thing I'd have to stop in. [face_devil]

Anyhoo, I had fun and I plan to take more pics the next two days I go! BTW, if anyone has a copy of our group photo with Jedi Mickey, I'd appreciate a copy. :)

L8r

16. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    WOW! Great job! Now Brandon, where are the pics from the canoe trip? Why can't we do that on here?
    Well, I had a blast Friday and am impressed Dale got 2nd and 3rd fastest times at Who Wants to be a Millionaire SW version.
    Also, impressed that Jeremy remembered Campbell from last year.. he must have one of those faces. As always a pleasure to see Mike and Susan. Good time had by all. I dropped by again today and met Sharon aka RadicalRay for the second day.
    Well, more later. Who else is going on May 28th Friday?

Melanie

17. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    Hi everyone-Mike as soon as I figure out how to get my pics on the computer, I'll get you a copy of all of us with jedi mickey. I had such a great time with you guys-can't wait to do it again!
    Susan

18. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    As posted on the 501st message board.

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a Vader costume, worn by Prowse, in a showcase at the end of the Backlot Tour attraction at MGM studios.

The exibit is about movie villians, and there is also one of the TIE models which was used in filming. FYI, you don't have to ride the Backlot Tour attraction in order to see the display. Just take a right after you come to the "Splash" mermaid fountain near the restrooms, walk all the way down into the giftshop, thru the giftshop,and you'll be in the villians exhibit.

Dale

19. KidAJoe

KidAJoe Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    Those are great pictures!! I wish I could have gone. I like many am poor for the time being. Maybe I'll sell my body on the black market, so I can go this weekend. Who want the first bid on my kidneys?? Any takers?

Joe P.
    Winter Park

20. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I believe Melanie has an opening next Friday to get someone in for free if you're interested.

L8r

21. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Marasblade may have that opening. Apparantly she may be able to go but if we hear she can't then it's all yours. Join us! MTFBWY

Melanie

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Take a look at the pictures on TOS. It seems our man Dale is in the first batch of 15 photos from Star Wars Weekend #1. I'm certain he's in 2 of them as they're taken at the front of the park and Dale's wearing a dark green t-shirt. I'm pretty sure we also get a good photo of a lurker on these boards in the photo of Fernando the Jedi. Good job, mates, the world of fandom has a couple of new celebrities.

Also, Dale- that's a good tip for getting to see the Vader costume. If things haven't changed too much though, people might want to take the ride because you get to see the old skiff and snowspeeder back in the boneyard (as well as the Golden Girls house). -Campbell

23. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    TOS? I cant seem to find them, can you post a link. THanks.

Dale.

24. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    I don't think the skiff & snowspeeder are in the Backlot Tour anymore. I was told they were falling apart. (I offered to take them home, but no luck!!!)
    :(

I took a lot of behind the scenes pics last year, had a great pic of clonetrooprers w/ skiff, and all the props at the Planet Hollywood store @ Downtown Disney.
    They should be in one of these links:

http://www.galactichunter.com/features/weekends/index.asp

http://www.tradefederation.net/pages/features/weekends/

And week 1 pics this year from SW.Com:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/05/news20040517.html

my pics from week 1:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/

25. Bradleyfett

Bradleyfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    radicalray:

Great pictures! Mind if I grab some of your shots for my 'portfolio'? I built a lot of those costumes for Disney and I have yet to get any good pics out in the park.

Also,

Who here is planning on being at the next 4 SWW this year? I'd love to meet some of you guys/gals!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.