main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by raiza123, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Hey Mark! I hope to meet you and shake your hand. I really enjoyed the costumes and was admiring them this year!! They were great!
    I'm absolutely going on May 28th Friday and June 6th with Mike and Campbell. Susan may join us on May 28th and Dale seems to be going every day.
    I may go some other dates, solo but we'll see.
    Brandon, are you going to any of these weekends? Stefanie? Ia? Aaron? Bueller? Bueller?
    The more the merrier. :D

Melanie

2. siul-fer-nando

siul-fer-nando Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2002
    hey a was last friday in mgm studios dress up as a jediknight and a think am going this weekend again like that. a have fun all day and ejoy it, ok all be there at 3 pm at the front og the gate or call me 407-227-6356.

3. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    OMG Campbell you're right! That's awesome!

Dale here's the link :
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/05/news20040517.html

Click on the little banner at the top for a "slide show." Dale and Fernando are celebs! Heheheh

You guys will also notice that chick dressed in all black. She is a celebrity among the SWW crowd (and other stuff). She goes every year and officially changed her last name to Skywalker.

4. Bradleyfett

Bradleyfett Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2004
    "You guys will also notice that chick dressed in all black. She is a celebrity among the SWW crowd (and other stuff). She goes every year and officially changed her last name to Skywalker. "

Ah yes- that is Linda Skywalker. She's there every weekend of the event. She is a favorite topic of conversation backstage at the cast break-room. She's perfectly harmless and polite- just very, er, enthusiastic.

Mark

5. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Her name is officially Leia Amidala Skywalker. She is very nice. I have a few pictures with her myself. I think she just needs some normal star wars friends. Maybe we should take her in. She use to work at fazolis around the corner from my house. Shes not as scary as people make her out to be.

6. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I saw her DL her first name is Linda. Then she has about 4 or 5 middle names that are star wars related and the last one being Skywalker. Linda Leia Amidala Kenobi Skywalker or something like that. There may be more in there I cant really remember.

7. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    She's really kinda quiet. I knew her from last year, and talked a lot with her before the park opened on last Friday. She got picked as the "interview person" on Friday morning. The took her picture and all and she had an interview later on (I'm wondering with perks??).

Okay, what is the game plan for this weekend? Anyone?

jedigirl

8. Bradleyfett

Mar 3, 2004
    I'll be there Friday until about 1pm- hopefully I'll get a chance to roam the park and take things in.

Mark

9. siul-fer-nando

siul-fer-nando Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2002
    hey i will be there drees up so be theres and may the force be with you.

10. Bradleyfett

Mar 3, 2004
    I'll be wearing this shirt:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommydawn2000/detail?.dir=/9e00&.dnm=de86.jpg

Mark

11. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Hey all you Star Wars Weekend Warriors!!

As most of you know, I am reporting this event to a couple of SW fan sites. Looking for folks that would like to do a little "interview" and answer some questions about SWW, to be possibly featured in my reports. Name & age are optional, and interview can be done via email. Your time would be appreciated.

Anyone interested, give me a shout!
    sharon@galactichunter.com

12. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I was going to wear my Dont Get Cocky shirt, but I guess now Ill just have to wear my Stay On Target X-wing targeting computer shirt. Ill be there all weekend, and dressed as Anakin again on Saturday.

13. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Her name tag at fazolis actually said "Leia"

14. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    hey if you will be anakin does that mean you still need a shirt dale?

15. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I think I will still need one. This one fits, but very, very tight, and not in a bad way.

Nametags dont mean anything at work. Ive seen people withg crazy one.

And by the way Ia, when are you planning a trip to MGM?

Dale

16. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I was thinking that the 29th would be good (i will also go the Amy allen weekend)

thats when im rounding up my friends.... hmm thats next saturday. also if anyont going that day wants a cloak to wear for the day tell me before hand and you can borrow one.
    I think i have like 10 - 20 on hand.

also send me your measurements and ill get the shirt for you.

17. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Some of us - Mike, Me, Campbell (Susan?) and Dale? are going Friday May 28th. So I guess we'll split the group and have some of us on Friday and some Saturday.
    It being high 80's, I don't think I would be brave enough to face Florida heat in a cloak. Kudos to those of you who can.
    I can't believe how people have been scalping the swag on EBAY. That should be a topic on the Collecting post.
    Well, it's late and I have to go read Tatooine Ghost (one of the few books I haven't read yet). Don't tell me how it ends. I want it to be a suprise. ;)

Melanie

18. KidAJoe

KidAJoe Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2004
    Hey all, Just wanted to wish you all a good weekend. Can't wait to hear the stories. Make sure to take lots of goog pictures and stuff...

Joe P.

19. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    After being told I'd be on days next week, I find out that I'm closing on Wednesday and Thursday. Looks like another day without sleep for me . . . :)

L8r

20. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Mike, if I lived in the real world I'd say, "C'mon man, how hard can it be to plan the time off?" As it is, I just got next week's schedule and was thrilled to find that I have all day Friday off. Woohoo- anybody looking to get into the hospitality industry, take notes, and good luck planning ahead. -Campbell

21. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok. So should we meet a little later on Friday or are we afraid we'll miss the autographs?
    Melanie

22. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    You guys are missing all the fun. I had a blast today. Its cool seeing the same people there all the time. Like one big family. Well time to regroup and get ready for tomorrow.

23. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Yeah, well some of us have to work. whimper.. I may make an appearance tomorrow and get my shot at the trivia contest. I haven't done that yet and I've been brushing up on my information.

Melanie

24. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    If you go, give me a call, Ill be dressed up tomorrow.

Dale

25. jedigirl99

jedigirl99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Anyone going to be there Sunday morning? I can't make it tomorrow as hubby is going to Sci Fi City to meet with the inventor of Dungeons and Dragons. I will be there Sunday morning. Gee, I don't know what I'll wear again, however, I'll just say I am going to have blue shades on, okay. Just check around and ask for Robin. Got shoulder length dirty blonde hair. 5'5" and 126lbs. My son, who is 12, will also be with me. Lanky kid with blond hair. I want to meet up with some of yall, so just check around.

jedigirl99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.