main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by JediMara77, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I didn't see a thread on this anywhere, so forgive me if I missed it.

Is anyone planning on going? I wouldn't be able to afford it but luckily my I have a wonderful friend who has a fiance whose mother works for Disney. :D Last year he got me, his girlfriend and another friend of ours in for free. It was way cool! The best part for us was getting our pictures taken in the action figure box, which nobody else seemed to know about. I'm hoping to be able to do more this year. We missed the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Star Wars edition and the Trivia game, which we all would have kicked butt on. :p I'm not sure what weekend we'll be going, I'll be super busy in May with work and will have to work every Saturday, but hopefully I'll be able to fit it in sometime. :)

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey now! I beg to differ!
    [image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/Jess_Me_Box_roto.jpg]

I don't know if I'm going to make it out this year. I'm trying to save up money for a trip to New York, and I wasn't too impressed with it last year. The special guests were cool, and going to Disney is always fun, but it didn't really feel like a blasty weekend of Star Wars. I may make it out for the 501st weekend though (this year the Rebel Legion gets to march in the parade!!! :D ).

3. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't be going if I had to pay. It's fun, but not worth the $60 admission. Plus, even though Rockin' Roller Coaster was awesome, it banged my head around too much. :p

Awesome pic! :D Who is that with you? Here's my favorite one of me.

Edit: Hmm, it doesn't seem to be working. Here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/jedimara77/2lightsaberbox.txt

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hmmmm, a .txt pic eh?? ;)

That's Jayna. Don't let the size fool ya. She enjoys beating guys up. *Force speed!*

5. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I went last year and met Anthony Daniels. He was awesome and super nice. I had gone a few years ago when Carrie FIsher was there, but didn't actually meet her because we hadn't planned it well. She seemed kinda bitchy, though. . . :/

Anyway, do we know for a fact if they're having it this year and who the guests are going to be? I haven't yet looked into it, but I'd like to go again. ^^

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    They are definitely having it. The dates are: Official Dates of SWW are May 14-June 13. Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Also, the Florida 501st Garrison site has a sign up sheet for any Rebel Legion or 501st members that want to March in the parade. I'm thinking about doing it during the big fan weekend.

As far as guests, I have no idea.

7. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Oh very cool! I have made note of the dates. Which weekend is the "big" one?

While I'm at it, here's a pic of my best friend and I in the action figure box. I'm the one holding the lightsaber. Man, that was a crappy day outside. . .and I looked crappy, too. >_<

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Holy canoe batman! I was wearing your shirt today! Freakin' wierd man.

9. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    LOL! I don't wear it too often, actually. But that is weird. Heh. The Star Wars shirt I wear most often has a picture from the ROTJ manga on the front. I <3 that shirt.

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Cool picture, Amiry!

Yeah Q, I try to fool Geocities with my .txt pictures. ;) I learned that trick on another message board and usually it works, lol. I should just get another account someplace else, but I'm too lazy.

I hope they have cool guests this year. Last year they had Jeremy Bulloch the weekend I went and he seemed so nice and down-to-earth.

11. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I went the weekend Anthony Daniels and Billy Dee Williams were there. Then Michonne Bourriague showed up as well. The first time I went to SWW, Carrie Fisher and Jeremy Bulloch were there. That was like the first year they did SWW.

12. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I would like to go to SWW again this year, but I will be heading back to Michigan for my summer break. Last year was a lot of fun, but I can't imagine going for more than a weekend or two. There just wasn't enough stuff to fill all four or five days that I had passes for. I need to start saving up for Celebration III anyhow. That's going to be crazy expensive.

That's a really sad picture of me, by the way. [face_plain] I like the lightsaber blades, though. Very nice. :)

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Aww, cut yourself some slack Jayna, it was probably 800 degrees outside. :p

Like I said, I probably wouldn't be going again if I wasn't going to get in free. I'm trying to save for a house AND Celebration III at the same time, which is NOT a good thing. :p

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm thinking about getting a hotel room with some of the 501st and marching in the parade during the main fan weekend.

And yes, Jayna in shorts. I think hell is getting a bit frosty :p

15. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    You know, the first time I heard about SW weekend at Disney was with you guys. So obviously I've never been, but I would love to go no matter what the cost is.

I know I've lived a sheltered life.

16. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    It would be cool if we could all go the same weekend. I can go as many times as my friend's mom is willing and able to sign me in, so I don't have to worry about whether or not my other friends can go that same weekend. When the guests are posted we can figure out what weekend is best.

17. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I got some more pictures from Star Wars weekends uploaded.

[image=http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/banner.jpg]

[image=http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/allimeguns.jpg]

[image=http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/gunbox.jpg]

[image=http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/luke.jpg]

[image=http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/JediMara77/2lightsaberbox.jpg]

Note: Yes, I am very, very, very short. :p

18. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I wasn't aware there was a main fan weekend. Is it the last one or something? o_O

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Fantastic pics! Mind if I roto those sabres for ya??? :D

The fan weekend is just a designated weekend that they have hte big names out. I believe it's the first weekend in June this year. That's usually when they get a bunch of the 501st out to march.

20. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Go right ahead, Q!

I hope the fan weekend is in June, because that's the only weekend I'll have free!

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Here ya go!

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/2lightsaberbox.jpg]

and you don't seem much shorter than Jayna. :)

22. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Well you can't really tell in those pics, but I'm only 4'10". I'm very wee.

And thanks! :)

23. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Some Official info from the Special Events Team at MGM Studios for the 2004 SW Weekends:

"They will be signing items other than their photocards but are contracted to sign one autograph per person.(even Anthony Daniels) That will not change.
    The guests will need FAST PASS to obtain an autograph and the machine will be on Mickey Ave. at the Millionaire location.
    They will not open until 9:00am even on our Resort Day. Remember there are 3 sessions per day.
    A Guest will be able to get one guaranteed FAST PASS person for each celebrity and then one standby for each celebrity per day.
    Guests do not have to show up really early in the morning. "

A few different things than last year, hope the info helps.

24. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    We won't have to show up early? Wahooooo! That makes it all much more worth it :)

Thanks for the info!

25. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    On a personal note, I would still suggest being there close to park opening time, or shortly after. Just no need to camp out overnite.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.