main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by JediMara77, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Official Disney press info:

"Process for "On Location" Autograph Sessions for Star Wars Weekends

Disney's FASTPASS® service, developed to reduce wait times for popular Disney theme park attractions, will be utilized for all "On Location" Autograph Sessions at this year's Star Wars Weekends. It's easy to use and will allow you to secure a FASTPASS Return Time for a designated autograph session. So now you can go enjoy other Star Wars Weekends activities instead of waiting in line for a session; knowing that you will still get that special autograph.

How Do I Get a FASTPASS Ticket?

· Each member of your party inserts his or her theme park ticket into the FASTPASS station or kiosk for the celebrity they wish to meet.
    · If FASTPASSES are still available, they'll each receive a FASTPASS ticket with a Return Time for that celebrity's autograph session.
    · To receive your autograph, just show up at the autograph location at the time designated on your FASTPASS ticket.
    · A FASTPASS ticket is required for each autograph.

Where Do I Get a FASTPASS Ticket?

· There will be one distribution area.

· Star Wars Weekend Celebrity FASTPASS tickets will be located at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire - Play It!

Is There a Limit to the Number of FASTPASS Tickets I Can Get?

· Yes, you will be able to get one guaranteed FASTPASS per celebrity and one standby FASTPASS if there is availability.
    · There is a capacity limit for each autograph session.
    · Tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

Can I Get a FASTPASS Ticket for a Member of My Party That is Not Present?

· No, each Guest must be present with their theme park ticket to receive a FASTPASS.

Can I Reserve FASTPASS Tickets?

· Distribution of FASTPASS tickets will begin when the park opens and are only good for Autograph Sessions that same day.
    · FASTPASS tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.

Will I Be Able To Get An Autograph Without a FASTPASS Ticket?

· FASTPASS tickets are required to receive an autograph.
    · However, once all the FASTPASS tickets are distributed for a particular actor, a limited number of Standby Tickets will be made available.
    · Standby Tickets do not guarantee an autograph. standby ticket holders will be taken if there is time remaining in a session after all FASTPASS ticket holders have received their autographs."

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Is the guestlist out yet?

3. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    STAR WARS WEEKENDS 2004
    Dates:
    · May 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30
    · June 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
    With the park's famous Star Tours thrill ride serving as the centerpiece of the celebration, Star Wars Weekends fills the Disney-MGM Studios with dozens of heroes, heroines, droids and villains from the famous film saga. Each weekend, fans are able to "star gaze," as two Star Wars celebrities take part in meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and Hollywood-style motorcades.
    Details:
    · Activities are included with regular Disney-MGM Studios admission.
    · Check with Resort Guest Services and Parks Guest Relations for updated information on Celebrities and Events.
    · Advise Guests to refer to the Times Guides in May and June the weekend of their visit for specific times and locations.
    · For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, Guests may visit disneyworld.com or www.starwars.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, Guests can call 407-W-Disney or a travel agent.
    · Note: all times are subject to change or cancellation due to weather or talent restrictions.
    o Weekend 1 (May 14, 15, 16)
    o Weekend 2 (May 21, 22, 23)
    o Weekend 3 (May 28, 29, 30)
    o Weekend 4 (June 4, 5, 6)
    o Weekend 5 (June 11, 12, 13)
    Autograph Sessions:
    Celebrities will participate in 3 autograph sessions per day. FASTPASS tickets are required for a Guest to obtain an autograph. The guests can obtain FASTPASS tickets at the Millionaire FASTPASS distribution area on Mickey Ave. This will open at 9am. Due to time restrictions Guests will be allowed one autograph per person.
    Weekend 1 - May 14, 15, & 16
    · Jeremy Bulloch :"Boba Fett"
    · Jake Lloyd :young"Anakin Skywalker"
    Weekend 2 - May 21, 22, & 23
    · Peter Mayhew :"Chewbacca"
    · Jerome Blake: "Rune Haako"
    Weekend 3 - May 28, 29, & 30
    · Anthony Daniels :"C3PO"
    · Andy Secombe: "Watto"
    Weekend 4 - June 4, 5, & 6
    · Warwick Davis :"Wicket the Ewok"
    · Mike Quinn: "Nien Nunb"
    Weekend 5 - June 11, 12, & 13
    · Daniel Logan :young"Boba Fett"
    · Amy Allen :"Ayla Secura"
    Also featured at the five-week fan-fest:
    Information Desk -- Located at the entrance to the event area, across from Drew Carey: Sounds Dangerous. Have all your event questions answered and sign up for our different Trivia contests to test your Star Wars knowledge.

Jedi Mickey and Star Wars Character Meet & Greets -- One of the largest gatherings anywhere of characters from all five Star Wars films -- from Queen Amidala and Darth Maul to Jango Fett and Greedo -- will roam Disney-MGM Studios greeting Guests, signing autographs, and posing for photographs.

Legends of the Force: A Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade -- A galaxy of Star Wars characters join the celebrities in a Motorcade up Hollywood Blvd. all the way up to the Star Tours attraction.
    Stars of the Saga: Star Wars Celebrity Talk Show -- Fascinating Question & Answer sessions with both of the weekend's celebrities. Occurs once a day at the ABC TV Theater

Star Tours: High-Energy Thrill Ride -- Guests can take flight to the moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator that salutes the Star Wars series. Synchronizing a stunning film with the virtually limitless gyrations of the simulator, the attraction takes guests on a hair-raising, light-speed trip aboard a careening star speeder.

Star Wars Special edition "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Play It! -- Two Star Wars themed shows of the popular game show attraction "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire--Play It!" per day. There will be a variety of Star Wars -inspired questions with added Star Wars prizes. The attraction's studio audience can join in the fun by answering trivia questions using keypads installed at each seat.

Star Wars Trivia Challenges -- Star Wars Trivia challenges will take place at the Star Tours plaza to test fans' film knowledge. One adult and one children's trivia challenge per day with the winners receiving Star Wars prizes.

Jedi Training Academy -- Eight times a day, lucky youngsters will be chosen at rando

4. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm going on the 23rd. Look for the short girl in an Anakin t-shirt. ;)

5. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004

http://brighthousenetworks47.com/

SW Weekends contest, only a few days left to enter!

6. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey all, the pics from this weekend are up on the florida garrison site. http://fl501st.com/photo/thumbnails.php?album=90

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Check this one out. See, we do have awesome shirts :D

[image=http://fl501st.com/photo/albums/userpics/10098/Star%20Wars%20Weekends%20May%202004%20007.jpg]

8. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hoorha! It looks like you guys had fun! Are you going to the other weekends?

Speaking of our awesome shirts, I went to the Motor City Comic Con this weekend with my shirt on, and I had a bunch of people who loved it! They all wanted to know where to get one!

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'm doing fan weekend which is the first weekend in June. I believe Karma and her husband and Blaze are doing it as well. I have to redo my undertunic though, as my current one is literally coming apart at the seams. I guess that's what I get for making it the night before MegaCon :(

10. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    do you have to be in a cannon costume or can be a non-cannon, just in case is to hot for my TC armor I will wear my sith knight.

11. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I wish I could wear my shirt. :( Did you ever pick it up?

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Me? Why would I pick it up? That's Jayna's thing.

Blaze, this is an official Lucasfilm event, so it must be canon. Don't worry, no one had any trouble with the heat last time. Disney was great and provided 3 coolers of water and the parade setup was in the shade. You only march for about 10 minutes, if that long, so you'll do alright.

What do you wear under your suit? Have you heard of Under Armor? That seems to be what everyone is starting to wear under their whites. They say it keeps you somewhat cool in the summer and warm in the winter! I was actually suprised how warm I was in my Jedi garb though. That, and I couldn't wear sunglasses so the glare from marching behind the troops was killing me!

13. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    wet suit, lycra style

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    ouch, yeah, I've heard some very bad things about wet suits, especially in FL. Here are some that most FL troopers are happy with, in case you're worried about the heat:

Under Armor

At WalMart they have some Starter under gear for real cheap. Same thing at Sports Authority (Champion I believe)

15. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Some pics & info on the event:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/

16. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    My friends had to change the date, so I'm actually going on the 12. If anyone else is gonna be there that day, let me know. :)

17. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Hey all you Star Wars Weekend Warriors!!

As most of you know, I am reporting this event to a couple of SW fan sites. Looking for folks that would like to do a little "interview" and answer some questions about SWW, to be possibly featured in my reports. Name & age are optional, and interview can be done via email. Your time would be appreciated.

Anyone interested, give me a shout!
    sharon@galactichunter.com

18. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Thanks to all that participated in the SW Weekends survey! My week #2 report is up if you would like to see more pics:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hey blaze, I don't know if you've been keeping up on the 501st forums, but Firday night we're planning on going to Pleasure Island at 8pm and then there is a 501st dinner Saturday night. Are you going to be able to march both days?

20. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    yes I'm keeping up with the board sometimes is hard to post a reply on the board I keep getting invalid, I don't know if I'm going to be able to go to saturday festivities I got the whole family going(kids) and is going to be hard, but I'm marching both days (5-6 June) and maybe the last weekend too(12-13) but that's up in the air right know.

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    hmmm, what's your board name over there? Have you been able to post at all? Have you tried e-mailing GLJones?

22. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    is TC3126. I can even e-mail/pm people over there, and sometimes it's lets me do a reply but that's after 30 min trying.

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    wow, that is definitely odd. what browswer are you using?

24. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    AOL. question how do I sign up for SWW with a jedi knight costume? I'm just curious 'cause I saw on the pics non-canon jedi.

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Is it a straight Jedi or a sith? Sith aren't allowed unless it's a Dooku, Vader, Emperor, or Maul, which Disney already has. Generic Jedi, if approved, are ok becuase there were tons of them seen on screen and they are known.

But send your Jedi pics to GLJones or Bones and see if they approve it. Then just sign up to march. You don't have to sign up with a specific costume.

EDIT: I went ahead and PMed Jerry to see if he could figure out why you can't post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.