main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Marold, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Hello,

Sorry to intrude on your area but I will be visiting Orlando in a few weeks. Basically the end of March beginning of April. I'll be going to Disneyworld for a few days, okay that's the whole trip, but I was wondering if anyone in the are knew when Star Wars weekends starts or if it's a specific day. I looked on Disney's sites and they didn't have any specific dates put up.

If anyone knows it would be a great help.

Also, since my whole time there will be spent at Disneyworld I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to enjoy the whole time there.

Thank you

Mary

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    May 19 - June 11 is SWW

As for Disney, I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of the place, but I'm sure between the four theme parks, dozens of hotels, resorts, spas, shopping, and entertainment venues, you'll find plenty to do. :)

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Mary,
    It's no intrusion. Glad to have a visitor in town and on the boards.

Despite missing SWW, make sure you go to MGM. You'll have Star Tours (the ride) that empties out to Tatooine Traders (the gift shop) as well as The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular (which has its own gift shop).

If you get to Downtown Disney (a shopping district) check out Once Upon A Toy- it's got a nice little SW section. Lastly, if you end up at one of the major outlet malls, look for a Character Premiere or Character Warehouse- these a liquidation stores for Disney merchandise. Often SW and Indy stuff from previous years can be had for low prices. It's not uncommon to even find SWW things inside.

Have a great trip! -Campbell

ps- While at Tatooine Traders, mosey around the side of the building, you'll see the bunker/forest decor that remains from the era when the shop was called Endor Vendors.

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Thank you for the tips.

Sucks I won't be there for SWW. :( I'll be in classes those times. Maybe next year after I've graduated then.

so do you guys participate in SWW?

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Looks like there's been a change of plans. Now I won't be able to know when I'm going until I get my schedules from school. :( It's okay, this way if I do have some days off of school I could probably make it for Star Wars Weekends.

6. esoj-zetineb

esoj-zetineb Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2006
    Just so u know or probably already know SWW Will start on May 19 For four Weekends. Still won't know who will bw there But I sure will. Hope u can get off of school before then. Good Luck[face_peace] .

7. rockskigrrl

rockskigrrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    I am hoping to go to SWW next year '07, as this year my Walt Disney World trip is in two weeks, Feb 19-24. My cousin and her family are huge Star Wars Fans and I would love to take them down to Orlando for SWW.

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Chances are fairly good for Star Wars Weekends in 2007 but it's not a decided deal till more than a year from now. Next year is the 30th anniversary of the first Star Wars. That could be a great date for SWW, or it could cancel them if someone puts together a big Star Wars Celebration (in 2002 due to C2 in Indy, Disney basically didn't hold SWW).

In any case, have fun at the parks and welcome to Orlando. -Campbell

9. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    crap I have to many star wars events on my schedule this year...forgot about sww

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I tried to get the tickets for SWW but with free trips you can't really pick and choose much for your dates. But at least I'm going so that's all that matters.

11. Jedi_pain11

Jedi_pain11 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Im in Fort Myers and I have been wondering if there has been any announcement of what stars will be there and on what weekends?

12. esoj-zetineb

Jan 23, 2006
    Not yet Jedi Pain but usualy we ont know untill april. I work for the mouse so When I find out Ill post it.

13. Jedi_pain11

Jedi_pain11 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    sweet thanks man

14. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Peter Mayhew is pretty much guaranteed. Is there any event he DOESN'T attend? :p

15. buddybear

buddybear Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Hi. I'm new & have a question about SWW, so I thought I?d add it to this thread.

Do visitors dress up for SWW? Would it be weird if I show up in costume?

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    That was recently answered at our main boards. Check out this thread. Basically, yes, wear your costume if you want, you'll not be an oddity. Also, please consider joining us on OrlandoSystem.com for local Star Wars fandom. Welcome! -Campbell

17. JediMoon826

JediMoon826 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2006
    Thought I would put in my two cents and say that I will be coming in from Texas. Still not sure what weekend we will be there, but probably June 2-4. Is there anything that I should know about the park in general and waiting in line and whatnot? Also, where is the cheapest place to stay? In Disneyworld?

Thanks in advance for your help!

18. esoj-zetineb

Jan 23, 2006
    SWW is one of the most busiest times of the year. Not only is there lines for the the celebrities autograph session also for the characters and the entrance in the mornings. I would recommend you come very early to any of the starwars weekends days so your able to get fast passes for the Autograph sessions. And for the special edition of the pins that they have come on the Friday of that weekend cause they sell out rather fast. I know the cheapest place to stay at Disney is ether Pop Century or any of the All Star Hotels. Hope you enjoy the days your comming. Ill probably see you there.

19. TerrorByte

TerrorByte Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2006
    Oh I'm going to be there all 3 days of the first weekend (May 19-21). I might be there all by my lonesome so meeting up with anyone would be very cool. Hard to lightsaber fight by myself lol.

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    People, if you're going to be at MGM on the 20th, take a look at OrlandoSystem.com in the Meetings section. We'll be gathering for part of the day and having a lunch or dinner there at the park. If you can make it we'd love to meet you. -Campbell

21. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    well i used to live in Miami but now I moved to Lake wales and I beleive orlando is the closest place to it.

22. DARTH_SARRAFF

DARTH_SARRAFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Hi:

I was born and raised in Miami too, now I live in Puerto Rico. Does anyone know when the 2007 Sw weekends start next year and who will be invited?
    I expect disney to have a big SW weekends celebration since its the Star Wars 30th aniversary. Last time I went to MGM was in 1999 and it was great.

If someone knows please let me know so I can share the info with my guys here in our forum.

Regards to all, Darth_Sarraff

23. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The rumor I've heard is that there might be a weekend or two here, a weekend in Anaheim (Disneyland) each before or after Celebration IV (24-28 May 2007). I've heard no actual confirmation on this and I suspect dates will not be made official until February or March if history repeats itself.

24. DARTH_SARRAFF

DARTH_SARRAFF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Thanks, Keep me posted if you find anything else.

25. Antonidas

Antonidas Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.