Tampa, FL Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lo-Tek, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lo-Tek Jedi Youngling

Hi All,
    My Wife and I are going to Star Wars weekends at MGM on the Weekend of May 20th. I believe Rick McCallum and Peter Mahew are the featured guests. Were looking to hook up with a group to march in the parade in costume. If you are going or if you know the procedure to sign up for this please let us know.

Thanks!
  2. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The sign up is on the 501st website. The 501st is the group that Disney asks to march. If you are a member of the sister group Rebel legion, you can contact them via the 501st board. Bert might be able to give you more info. on how the process works. Hope this helps.
  3. HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Lo-Tek, the first thing I need to know is, are you a member of either the 501st or the Rebel Legion? You HAVE to be a member of at least one of them to be allowed to march(per Disney).
    If so let me know ASAP and I can point you to the sign-up sheet.
    Later
  4. Lo-Tek Jedi Youngling

I am a member of the Rebel legion but I need to sign my wife up.
  5. HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 1
  6. Ravenjack Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey guys I am going to try and make it to Star Wars weekends this year, but if I can not make it I have a big favor to ask of someone that is going the first weekend. I need to get my vintage carded chewbacca signed by Peter Mayhew. If someone can do this I would be very thankful and would be willing to compensate you for your effort. Send me a pm if you can. Thanks
  7. CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

I'll be going tomorrow(JANGO FETT AND BOBA FETT IN PERSON ZOMGSH)..though unfortunately not in outfit as my aspirations hoped...anyone on June 9th'll most likely see me in either a Vader or Sidious T.
  8. CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

AW MAN! That was the best day of my life, I arrived around 12 PM and left at about 6. I loved every minute of it and the life sized X-wing was definitely a suprise(I thought film scaled meant the size of the minature!)Despite my mom taking me and sister coming, both non fans, it was absolutely great! The worst consequence was being denied some of the collectibles there, no biggie..since I bought two of the Vintage sagas(haven't seen those in Wal-Mart ha!) and I was happy, I'm sure it's because she couldn't afford anything else. All in all I'm sure my mom had fun herself trying to keep up with me...XD

Seeing Temuera Morrison (and his eyebrows) in person was stunning,
    though I didn't know you had to have a fast pass in the morning to get an autograph, which were impossible to get at the time we arrived. I was disappointed because I had a Boba Fett picture I'd bought from the store ready to be signed by Jeremy, etc. and a figure I wanted signed...but that didn't get me down at all for there was so much awesome stuff to move onto.

As for having no outfit like I so aspired, HA! Who cares...upon entrance into the park I saw a father and a son wearing yellow t's with the Mandalorian insigna on them, and various children, and adults in SW themed shirts....and, "I'M HOME!" XD I must say the lookalikes did a great job! With the mannerisms and everything...and every minute of hearing the Imp. March as you walked through Mickey Avenue, or the Binary Sunset right next to the Tatooine Merchant were magnificent. P.S.:That Zam Wessel lookalike was hot as HELL. XD

Well, it seems I've accidently written a review..all in all, I loved it.....for anyone else there that weekend, as said..I was in my (black) Sidious T.

Edit:eek:f course how could I go without posting one of my favorite pictures...
    [image=http://img15.imgspot.com/u/06/164/05/MeXWing1150275731.jpg]
  9. HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Good to see you had a good time! Too bad you couldnt get there in time to see the parades, there were several members here that marched in it.
    Later
  10. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey it was nice to see you ...in the pic with the X-winf. Yes it is "most impressive" Hope to see you ar DragonCon. That is in Atlanta over labor Day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.