main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars:Where Science Meets Imagination Indianapolis May 25-Sept 2 2013

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Oct 14, 2012.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    I think this was announced while the boards were down but I was reminded of it talking with some of the Indiana Star Wars fandom yesterday in Charlestown. The Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit will be making it's final stop next year at the Indiana State Museum.
    It looks like a more educational themed exhibit but there will be props, costumes and models from the movies.
    http://doingindy.com/2012/08/07/sta...eets-imagination-at-the-indiana-state-museum/

http://indianamuseum.org/visit/exhibit/exhibitview.asp?exhibitid=48

Looks like it should be a great exhibit. We'll for sure plan a group outing for this.

2. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Absolutely Mika!! WOOT!!!! =D=

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, this is Wizard! I've heard great things about this. And to see the models! Wow!

4. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I am so in!!

5. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Anyone wearing a costume to this??

6. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Probably the 501st people, but if we go up as a group... I don't know if I'll costume or not. I "might", if I have my Jedi by then. As a fan of coarse. :cool:

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  8. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Can't wait for this to come here! [face_dancing]

9. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Yea I'm sure we'll be there in all our glory..

10. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    This is gonna be Awwesoooome!!!!

I'm gonna see my Grandma there! YAY!!

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Because I'm going to be doing some volunteering for this exhibit through the 501st/Rebel Legion this Summer I was able to get a sort of sneak peak today and ride the Falcon ride. The Falcon ride opens to the public tomorrow (about 3 weeks before the regular exhibit) because they had it ready early. It will cost $5 and it's about a 5 minute ride. It's an educational theme as C3PO narrates your trip out of our solar system into the larger galaxy but it was really cool. It has 4 seats and two more can stand behind the seats and one in the center aisle if needed. I got to see where the exhibit and gift shop will be and they start uncrating the artifacts (as they call them) tomorrow. Photos will be allowed in the exhibit but no flashes. Getting really excited about making a group trip to this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For 11-11

[​IMG]

11-11 likes this.
  12. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    Is this going on now? I would totally be in for this.

13. Thurmam86

Thurmam86 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    I can't wait to go to this in June!! The Exhibit actually opens on my birthday but I already have plans to be in Indianapolis in June so I am holding off till then...gas is stupid expensive these days.

14. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Becka and I are talking about going sometime this summer. we should pick a date and all of us go

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's the plan but you know getting us all together is like herding cats. I suspect there will be at least two group trips this Summer to get everyone up to see it. I know I would like a weekend where both I and Mrs jedimika both have off and those are pretty rare.

Falcon ride opens today but exhibit opens Memorial Day weekend.

16. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Say the word, unless something untole happens, we'll make ourselves available. ^:)^

17. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I've soooooooo been looking forward to this. This exhibit has been going around for, 8 years maybe? And have never been anywhere near it. This will be wizard.

Question, and I ask as I am not that familiar with Indy: is this also the Indy Children's' museum? Or is this a different place not even close?

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    And Indy will be the final stop.

Different museum from the kid's museum where we went several years ago for that other Star Wars exhibit. It had dinosaurs outside if I remember right. This is another museum but I'm not sure how close it is to the other. My GPS didn't have any problems finding it though and I figure we'll car pool anyway.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay, this opens up this weekend so I thought I'd throw a couple of potential weekends out for our first group trip up. Don't feel like you have to wait for the group. If there's a weekend that looks better for you feel free to go. As I said I suspect there will be several trips in our future.

Being selfish and looking at weekend where Mrs jedimika and I both have off at the same time we're looking at June 22/23 or July 6/7. I've included both days of the weekend as options in case a Sunday works better for people than a Saturday. It may be advantageous to go on a Sunday, I'm sure the crowds will be smaller and the museum hours are nearly the same...Saturdays 10a-5p and Sundays 11a-5p. I'm leaning towards the weekend of July 6/7 just because I have a long weekend, what does everyone else think?

I've also asked Wolf if he would like to host a Xwing gaming session on the weekend we don't select for the Indy trip and he's agreed.

20. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I hate waiting that long, but July 6/7 works for us. ;)

21. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I prefer Saturdays, but I'm down for whenever!

Thanks so much for the AWESOME picture of my Grammie Grievous, Mika![:D]

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Had a chance to scout out the exhibit this weekend as I was trooping for the RL/501st and it is awesome! Couldn't take pictures as I was "working" but everyone will be blown away. Here's some relevant info...

The exhibit uses timed tickets. You buy your tickets and they have a time for you to go to the exhibit. The Falcon does not use timed tickets (yet), you buy your tickets and get in line. You can stay in the exhibit as long as you like but once you leave you can't re-enter. Saturday is their busiest day, Sunday is their slowest. On Saturdays the wait for the Falcon has been 60-90 minutes so they're thinking of doing timed tickets for the Falcon as well. June 22 they're having a special event day "Galactic Survival Skills" with extra activities for kids so it will be even busier.

So for these reasons I'm recommending our (first) group trip be Sunday July 7. I think we'll have a better time away from the crowds. On the one hand it will be a holiday weekend so it might be a bigger crowd but on the other hand a lot of people will be out of town traveling so I think it will balance out.

Let's see who all can go that weekend and then we can figure out car pooling/caravaning, timing and where to meet up at.

Eating can be a game day decision. There is a TGI Friday right across the street from the museum and as I was leaving I saw a "High Velocity Sports Bar" that is easy walking distance. http://www.highvelocityindy.com/ I also saw a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" along I65 south of Indianapolis (around exit 103).

So who's in?

23. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    I'll have to talk to the financial dept (aka Mrs. Vox) and then I'll let you guys know

24. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Red 1 and 2 standing by and a go for Sunday July 7. :cool:

25. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Will have to see closer to time...