MN Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination! June 13 - August 24 -St Paul, MN

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by mirax80, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    That's right! Minnesota's own Science Museum is getting the Star Wars: WSMI exhibit this summer!

We are all super excited this is coming here! Some of us first heard about it coming back at Celebration III - so we have been waiting 3 years!

Here's some official info:

The Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit features more than 80 costumes and authentic props from all six Star Wars films, as well as insightful videos that reveal the filmmakers? techniques and technologies and several hands-on exhibits.

In addition, visitors will have a chance to get up-close to some of the real-world technologies inspired by the ingenuity and forward-thinking that?s at the heart of Star Wars.

The Science Museum of Minnesota serves more than one million visitors each year with its hands-on exhibits, breathtaking giant screen films, special events, and unparalleled education programs.

It is located at 120 West Kellogg Boulevard in downtown St. Paul. For specific directions, parking information, hours, show times and ticket information, call (651) 221-9444 or visit

Tickets go on sale on May 21st!

Admission Prices
    <b>Star Wars + Exhibits + Omnitheater</b>
    Non Members

Child (4-12), Senior (60+)

<b>Star Wars + Exhibits</b>

Child (4-12), Senior (60+)

And I GUARANTEE that there will be characters there on Opening day - if not all weekend! Courtesy of the 501st Legion & the Rebel Legion. :)

Check back for more information!

2. MusicTrooper Jedi Master

star 4
    and you can also check out this previous thread on this event:)

This is the same show I trooped in Chicago, and it is really
    of the highest quality.

Plan on going more than once, my suggestion is:)

3. rikajaina Jedi Youngling

Great! I'm really looking forward to it! I attending the SW: Magic of Myth event at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts a few years back and had a great time. :)
  4. IndustrialSizeEd Jedi Youngling

Yep, we'll be there all weekend, and every Saturday for the run of the show...except 4th of July weekend, cause we'll be busy with CONvergence. :)
  5. AlisonKenobi Jedi Youngling

What has everyone thought of the exhibit? I went yesterday and I thought it was great! While I loved Magic of Myth which i saw at MIA and the Smithsonian, it was really cool seeing the connections between the films and actual technological developments. What do you all think?
  6. REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.