main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Star Wars - Where Science Meets Imagination - Powerhouse Museum.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The Powerhouse Museum is bringing the exciting new exhibition Star Wars: where science meets imagination to Australia this December with a two city tour commencing in Sydney (December 2008-April 2009) and then travelling to the Scienceworks Museum in Melbourne (dates to be confirmed, from June 2009).

With over 100 costumes, props and s from all 6 films, this highly interactive exhibition explores the real-world scientific innovations that are making Star Wars reality.

The Powerhouse is offering fans the opportunity to sign up now for its free Star Wars premium club. A regular newsletter will give club members advance notice of events in connection with the exhibition, behind the scenes views of exhibition development, competitons and prizes, and advance purchase of tickets to view the exhibition. You can join the club at
    http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/starwars/

Fans also have the opportunity to volunteer as exhibition guides. Further information will be available soon on the premium club website, or if you saw the volunteer presentation at Supanova in Sydney and would like to sign up now, the application form can be found at
    http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/volunteers/volunteers_posititions.asp

If you loved Star Wars: the Magic of Myth, previously at the Powerhouse, then you won't want to miss Star Wars: where science meets imagination.

"It is your destiny... to see this exhibtion"

NOW TAKE NOTE ALL!!

OK everyone, here is your chance to have a say, Follow this link and watch all five 'promos'. Then, the Powerhouse Museum wants us, the fans, to vote on which advert we think should be used to promote this event!!! Powerdroid (whom I know and have dealt with in the past, and is a wonderful person) wants us as the Australian Fans, to help them decide which one would be best....personally, number five kills me! LMAO!! So please, all go look and vote, and have a good laugh!!

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I love how in the second one he's reading Labyrinth of Evil, good man!

And I like the mind trick one, with the ray gun.

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ray gun!! LMAO!! Did you vote?

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yes, I voted for Kodos.

No, the ray gun one, of course. I think the Umbiccical brothers are star wars fans, I saw one of their skits doing "There's no moon" on the sideshow

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    They'd have to be to do that....it was well done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.