main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    [face_laugh]

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I found out, but Shawn posted it for me in the other thread!

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. ;)

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    What time is good for y'all for fan day?

Question on Fan Day, is the fan activites outside the place? I was thinking of enjoying them and not waiting in line forthe exhibit instead, though I'd like to do a 3D movie again.

5. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I'm volunteering. I don't wait in any line. ;)

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    If y'all planning to come along to our joint fan day with OCSWS be sure to book ya IMAX ticket, it's selling out fast and ye dont wanna be stuck going to the same show again.

7. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Unfortunately, we won't be going to this. I know you guys will have a great time and we will definitely be thinking of you. When we all went in Feb. it was too much for Ryan, way too many people, and he really couldn't enjoy himself because of it. He did so bad, that it made me know for sure that he definitely couldn't handle going to C4. So there's a lot of group things that we'll have to pass on that are coming up. Doesn't mean we don't like hanging out with you guys, just that we're going to have to pass unless it's something that has very little waiting in lines and not masses of people... which is not likely at many events in this year of the Star Wars Anniversary!! That was a big reason I wanted so badly to go to see George at the Paley Fest. I knew it was a small theater and wouldn't be as many people, and fortunately for Ryan, we were able to go. So, we're going to live vicariously through your pictures and tales from these upcoming events!
    Hope you guys have a great time at fan day and we'll look forward to seeing the pictures!:)

8. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    I finally got around to downloading my pictures from opening day -- and there are a few familiar faces there. Feel free to check 'em out and lift as many as you please here.

9. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    JediLarryB, those are great photos. I must lift some of them. We had a great time at the second fan day. The cars did not get ravaged like last time. Bill was a lot more adamant about not touching them. A lot more people respected those wishes. Lots of positive responses to them. Yeah, no damages. My grandpadawans had a great time, and enjoyed the exhibit, and the Millennium Falcon experience. Chrissy got some very helpful encourgement from a lot of costume people for suggestions for the costume she wants to develop. All in all, a wonderful sucsess.

10. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    great photos indeed. =D=

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Updated my album for yesterday! Was lots of fun!

http://picasaweb.google.com/sgca27/WhereScienceMeetsImagination

12. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Cool pix!!

I think I posted this link on the wrong thread, so here we go again. The link to my pix from CSC fan day #2.

13. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Kool beans! Yay for photos!

14. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    great pics indeedy!

15. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Awesome pics ya'll! I had a great time! :)

16. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Looks like we're going again this weekend with some little ones. We're gonna catch the new 3D Dinosaur IMAX film and hit the SW exhibit. Then we're off to the El Capitan for a viewing of "Meet the Robinsons." I think we'll end the day with a visit to Mel's Diner (of "American Graffiti" fame) in Hollywood. Should be a fun day!

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Fare thee well to the exhibit. We'll all miss it.

A huge big thank you to every single one of you who took the time to volunteer for this event. You all did the IEFF proud as always. =D=

18. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    We had a blast volunteering for the exhibit. I concur with your thoughts, AboutASith, with the exhibit. We will miss it, too. I am sure we will see some of it at the convention.

19. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    The following is from an email I got from the CSC:

"This month is your last chance to enjoy a couple of exhibits that will be leaving the California Science Center soon.

Book a flight on the Millennium Falcon simulator, where you'll experience the jump to lightspeed and find yourself surrounded by a virtual universe of sound. Tickets are $2 each at the exhibit entrance on the 2nd floor. Visit http://goto.californiasciencecenter.org/falcon for more information.

... will be open through Labor Day."

Anybody want to try to make it down there for one last flight? I'm sad to see it go!!

20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    AAACK! :eek:

*panics*

I wanna go, I wanna go, I wanna go! :_|

The two dollars isn't the problem. The Transportation, on the other hand, is.

21. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    As I am very sad to see it go. I loved that experience. Can I take it home with me? Please.
    I will gladly sacrifice my living room, and then some for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.