I.E., CA Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Current List of Events

To volunteer contact Shawn via e-mail obishawn@gmail.com

Episode I IMAX Screening - Jan 24th, 5:30PM
    Costumed Volunteers Needed.

Episode II IMAX Screening - Jan 31st, 5:30PM

Episode III IMAX Screening - 6th Feb, 5:30PM

Science Center Members & Media Preview Day - 7th Feb, 6-9PM
    Sign up as a Science Center Membe for $50 at their site to go along as a member.

Discovery Ball - Feb 10th, 6:30 - 11:30 PM
    The Gala Fund Raising opener for exhibit. Costumes subject to prior CSC approval. 50 member cap (wranglers welcome).

General Ticket Info: Individual tickets are $650 and tables range from $5,000 to $50,000

Rotating Shifts for all volunteers.

Costumed Volunteers & Wranglers Needed.

Amgen Camp-in Allnighter Feb 23rd, 7-9 PM
    Sleepover night for kids. Costumed Volunteers need to interact with the kids in the evening.

Fan Day #1 - Feb 24th, All Day
    SW Fans invited to attend the exhibit in costume; SW-themed entertainment

Amgen Camp-in Allnighter Mar 23rd, 7-9 PM
    Sleepover night for kids. Costumed Volunteers need to interact with the kids in the evening.

Fan Day #2 - Mar 24th, All Day
    SW Fans invited to attend the exhibit in costume; SW-themed entertainment

I believe the plan is for Fan Day # 2 to be the Fan Force Day for So Cal FF

Contact Shawn via e-mail to volunteer to any of these events.
  2. Symina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I guess I'll be more careful expressing my opinion too, since I apparently need to "get a clue". Sheesh.
  3. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    We all take in and see different things in movies. Now that his point was made, Hayden's acting make sense. I didn't have a clue about it. I'd much prefer it to be that way than to think that Hayden has very little acting ability.

Please don't stop posting your opinions! I enjoy hearing different points of view. Sometimes I learn something or stop to really think. Other times I totally disagree and have to laugh and ignore it. Don't let a comment that probably wasn't aimed directly at you stop you.

Personally, I don't have a clue about many things. It's sort of my normal state of being! :D
  4. Symina Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks, I wasn't really serious about not expressing my opinion.

Except that I was directly quoted. But whatev. =)
  5. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    Good, 'cause you had me worried!
  6. Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What's their definition of SW-themed entertainment?

I'm gonna wear my IEFF pin to this since I don't have an IEFF T-Shirt to wear.
  7. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Your guess is as good as mine at the moment, not much has been announced regarding the fan days.
  8. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    When I see Obi-Shawn on Wednesday, I'll try to remember to ask if he has any info on the fan days.
  9. HanChewie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    In reading all of this, in my mind, all the movies rock. I don't pick apart a movie, like my sister in laws do. I enjoyed the movies sooo much, I look beyond the acting. And, I really like Jar Jar. And the Jedi vs Sith battle in Episode 1 still gives me goosebumps every time I see it. And, I still cry when QuiGon gets it. I am a very emotional person, so there are many parts of all the movies that I cry at. I think I need a tissue. Looking forward to the Science exhibit, and the fan days.
  10. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    For me, the most tear jerking part is when Anikan is leaving Shmi. :_| I've had too many experiences of having to let my own son leave for that one not to hit home each time I see it.
  11. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    For me it's EPIII when Anakin apologizes and thanks Obi-Wan then Obi-Wan says goodbye old friend. One of the best scenes in all the films for me.
  12. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
  13. jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I like them all, Returne of the Jedi Rocks
  14. DarthMalum Jedi Youngling

star 2
    For me it is when Anakin finaly faces Obi, "YOU TURNED HER AGINST ME!" :_|
    I don't know it's as if I can relate to Anakin, like I know what he is feeling and going through. [face_whistling]
    but I love all of them none can due with out the other 5, just like Episode III the best, just me.
  15. HanChewie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didn't mean to open the box of tissues, but all the scenes you all metioned, yes I cry at all of them. And yes, JF77, the scene in Epsiode 1 when Anakin is leaving Shimi, I agree, I cry the hardest at that scene, every time I watch it. Any news from Obi-Shawn about the fan days? I would love to go to the Wednesday evening showings of the movies. But my schedule at work won't let me do that. Bummer!
  16. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    No official announcements yet, wish they'd update the site like they did for the Boston exhibit, had loads of good stuff on it.

The Science Center Site does have a preview vid of the exhibit.
  17. HanChewie Jedi Padawan

star 4
  18. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm so sorry, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him. He was only there for a few minutes as he had another commitment.
  19. JediLarryB Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm making my plans for February and was wondering about the details of our trip to this event on the 11th. So what's the plan...?
  20. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    We all need to be down there by 9am to give the final head count and to make sure we're all seated together.
  21. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
  22. jedifan77 Jedi Master

star 5
    I know... let's camp out in the parking lot over night!!! We'll have a big ol' tailgate party for breakfast! [face_dancing]
  23. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I would kill to join you guys... [face_worried]
    If it weren't illegal, that is... :p
  24. Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling

star 2
    are we going to decide where to meet? I've never been to the science center before....
  25. AboutaSith Jedi Knight

star 5
    me neither, JF77/DH can one of you look into a good spot to meet at near the ticket booth if your then on Wednesday for the EPII screening?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.