main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Woes

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I hate year-end datelines!
    But I get to post from work, so there... ;)

2. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I post from work too.

Now I just want to meet the month-end deadline and go to see Harry Potter next week. Will they show EPII trailer with Harry Potter in Singapore too? Any of you watch it?

3. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Harry Potter opens tonight.
    I feel like watching it but I'm to tired...
    Maybe this weekend... I'll bring my little brother since he's on School holidays...
    Don't know about the trailers.

4. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Actually it opened last night. but never mind, I can't see it until next Wednesday. got work to do.

5. Darth_OmegaSupreme

Darth_OmegaSupreme Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Wow destructo you are a good bigger bro! I wish my bigger was as good as you, bring me out to watch movies and spend cash on me...
    "hint","squint,squint"...

6. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Darth_OS,
    I'm sure your elder brother isn't that bad. Maybe you he'll even take you to go see Harry Potter this holiday. :D

7. Darth_OmegaSupreme

Nov 16, 2001
    Oh thanx Kor your the best...
    ahhhahhehehahehahhdhahdhah
    Harry potter here i come

8. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
  9. Darth_OmegaSupreme

Nov 16, 2001
    dun worry i will...

10. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Darth_OmegaSupreme,

I went to see Harry Potter this weekend with my brother. It was a good movie. The sets are brilliant, the acting was pretty decent too. My only problem is with the storyline, it's not bad, it's just that now I can barely wait for the next movie... and the next... and the next...

11. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Yes, it's pretty good. A perfect escapist movie. Some says the actor who plays Harry is a bit plain but he is exactly the same as what I imaging about Harry. The music is great, but of course, it's done by John Williams.

I think people who like Star Wars will like HP. Those who don't like HP say it is a kid movie--they didn't get it.

I plan to watch it again tonight. $6.50. hehe.

12. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I haven't read the first book (just books 3 and 4), so my friends are wishing me good luck when I watch the movie tomorrow, because according to them it follows the books a lot and was also cut a lot...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    hazellukeyang,
    Clever clever... I need to watch it again too. The first time, I was in the 2nd row, and at the end of the movie, I was totally stoned, I mean I would barely walk straight... *sigh* I want the DVD too...

Valiowk,
    You know, everyone who has read the book tells me about the cut-scenes, and complaine that it spoilted their enjoyment of the film. However, as one person who has never read the book to another, I say that what you never read cannot bother you, or ignorance is bliss or out of sight, out of mind or what you don't know cannot hurt you... you get the picture right? Basically, just enjoy the movie, it's good as hazellukeyang will testify.

Anyhow, I read that those 'missing' scenes were filmed, but edited for time, so maybe the DvD version will 'complete' the movie for us.
    :)

14. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Although I love to see "the missing scenes" if there is a chance, but I understand why they had to cut them out. People already complain the movie is a bit too long and some of my friends feel it's a bit slow. So just enjoy the movie, don't think too much. :)

Darth_Destructo, you have to wait at least four months for the DVD. That's why I rather go to see it again. Tiong Bahru Gold Village, 7:30pm, here I am. :D

15. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Was it any better the second time? :D

Yeah, I must wait for a few months, but then my DvD will last me a life-time... don't tell me you won't want to borrow from me?
    heh heh.

16. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Oh yes, I feel great. This time I pay more attention to the details, other actors, backgrounds, sets etc... I noticed that Harry wears a big shirt in the begining, must be Dudley's old shirt. Then he wears the beautiful orange and dard red sweater during Quidditch match, then winter comes they wear thick robe. I like the boy who play Malfoy, he did a good job. I found a few goofs but they didn't bother me actually.

And there was a few moment I lost in Harry's green-blue eyes. :)

Some say it is a kid movie now I begin to agree with them. But nothing wrong with liking a kid movie. This one is very rich, rich enough for an adult.

I must control myself not to watch it again. I did watch The Matrix six times in cinema and countless time on VCD and DVD. So I will buy HP DVD for sure and won't borrow from you. Thanks anyway. :)

Good night!

17. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    I like the girl actress better, the smart alec one. I predict that she will grow up into one of Hollywood's most sought after actresses.
    Her acting was easily the best among the children and she potrayed her character just right, irritating, yet lovable.

Must go and borrow my brother's HP books... ;)

18. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    I like the girl too. She is very cute, and just like Hermione jumps out of book. I can't see any of her future though, so many kid stars didn't do very well when they grow up.

19. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Awwww... but she's soooooo cute... (not that kind of cute, cute-cute kind of cute... oh, nevermind...) :D

20. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    :) :) I understand.

Bought Harry Potter soundtrack too. Like the main theme, very magic feeling.

21. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    How come, ah, you can reply me so fast?
    I'm perpetually logged on. You also?
    Oh, "working" ah?

22. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    But then...? :)

Life is boring, if I am not online I will die in bored after the whole day.

Maybe not. :p

23. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Heh. I know what you mean... and it's only Tuesday.
    *sigh*

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I've watched Harry Potter and I was waiting and waiting for the Ep II trailer to run but there was no trailer!!!

:( :( :(

25. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    JediClare, I saw Harry Potter in EngWah Suntec, there is the EPII trailer. But I went to Golden Village there is Lord of the Rings trailer. So I think you should try EngWah Suntec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.