main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Woes

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, Oct 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    But EngWah has lousy sound...
    UA got which trailer, huh? Anybody know?

2. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    ... ...

Do you want to watch the tailer or not?

3. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    *sigh*
    Aiyah... see how lah, the time now is 6:10pm and I'm still in office, how to watch?
    *sigh*

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I watched it at GV Yishun.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    All GV showing of Harry Potter don't have any SW trailers. Not sure with Monster Inc. I was notify by someone in a SW ML I'm in about GV lacks so had opt out GV entirely. I'll probably watch Harry Potter & Monster Inc. at Jubilee, Ang Mo Kio somewhere this week (promised my little brother that I'll bring him to see either Monster Inc. or Harry Potter to also see the trailers. :p)

6. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I watched the movie yesterday, and I have to say that it really was interesting (my grandad fell asleep, but he does that all the time ;) ).

Although I don't know which parts were cut, I have to say that the remaining story was pretty well connected, although the front part introducing everything was too long in my opinion and the climax far too short and not exciting enough.

I feel quite ashamed to say that I read books 3 and 4 just to know who all the characters were, and I read them so fast (over 2 days) that I missed the entire joke about "Platform 9 3/4", and also the significance of crossing the lake for 1st years' - thought that it was the ONLY way to get to Hogwarts! [face_blush]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Darth_Eagle, you are a good sister too, like Darth_Destructo is a good brother. I guess whoever named Darth_ something is good brother or sister. Just kidding. :)

Valiowk, if you want to know who all the characters are then you went to the wrong books. The first book is the one you need to read.

I agree with you the climax is too short.

8. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I watched the 'Forbidden Love' trailer at starwars.com and the 'Breathing' trailer on TV. :)

9. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Valiowk, the parts that were cut out were the scenes with Rik Mayall as a ghost. Rik Mayall is one of my all time favourite British performers(Stage and Film). You'll remember him as Alan B'Stard in The New Statesman. Anyhow, it sucks that all his scenes were cut... maybe his acting sucked? :p

hazellukeyang, LOL! :D

Jediclare, That's two trailers more than me... lucky, or in the right place at the right time? ;)

10. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    The point is that I don't have Book 1. Thus I was reading the other books just to get a general idea...

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Darth Destructo - In my experience, there's no such thing as luck. :D Actually, the TV happened to be on and I happened to see the trailer of the 'Breathing' trailer. Also I happened to be using a computer with QuickTime when I happened to visit starwars.com to check the Databank and I happened to see that the Episode II teaser trailers were online. :D ;) :p

Valiowk - Do you want me to call you by your real name or do you want me to call you by your username? Anyway I think I could lend you Book One...if my sister agrees. It's hers.

x Clare x

12. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    JediClare,
    Well, you can call it whatever you want. For lack of a better word that defines accurately the things that happen to us for whatever reasons they happen to us, and not wanting to use the word "Fate", I have to compromise and use the general term "Luck".

So I just so happened not to be there... :D

13. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Clare: Anything you want is fine. You can call me Charmaine here (because the number of people in the Singapore forum is rather small), but maybe in the other forums with a whole lot of people you better call me Valiowk...

14. hazellukeyang

Aug 26, 2001
    Valiowk, maybe you shall try library. Sounds like Hermione but I always go to library when I need to know something, and Internet of course. You will find Harry Potter books at library for sure, I mean, it is so popular. :)

15. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Depends on which library.
    I find the libraries on the out-skirts have better stock. My theory is that people borrow books from The Central Library and return them at the library nearer to their homes... Well, I do that anyway. :D

16. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Darth Destructo - I was only joking. ;) I was quoting Ben Kenobi in ANH - "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

Valiowk - Book Two belongs to me, though, so I could lend it to you if you want. :)

x Clare x

17. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    JediClare,
    Oh, I see.

But coming from Kenobi, what he says is true,from a certain point of view...
    ;)

18. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
  19. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
  20. Darth_OmegaSupreme

Darth_OmegaSupreme Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    hahaha
    you noe we all are singaporeans right?
    I hope no one noes me...
    freaky
    in fact i could be toking ti my own brother and not even noe...

21. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    If you're talking to your own brother make sure you don't leave your password on the comp and let him use your account ;)

22. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    I don't understand what D_OS was saying...

23. Darth_OmegaSupreme

Nov 16, 2001
    thx valiowk I'll remember that the next time

24. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Well, the JC admins have heard that excuse one too many times, so I don't even let my brother get a JC account coz I know he won't be posting anything proper...

25. Darth_OmegaSupreme

Nov 16, 2001
    Why you dun trust ur bro maybe there might be sumthing good coming out of it...
    like when ppl attack you, your bro might help.
    but i dun noe ur bro so i can't say

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.