Star Wars X-Wing Series

Discussion in 'Games' started by QuiWanKenJin, Jun 19, 2014.

1. QuiWanKenJin Force Ghost

star 3
    Anyone remember this series? X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-wing vs Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance? Well, I got these running on Windows 7 and it's been so long, its like playing them for the first time. I could really use some help if people remember.
  2. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
  3. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    I am coming for you, Uncle Anton.
    Ender Sai likes this.
  4. QuiWanKenJin Force Ghost

star 3
    Lol! These have to be the hardest Star Wars games I have ever played, with Bounty Hunter taking a quick second I thought it best not to start a tour duty until I've completed the training missions. I am stuck on the X-Wing historical combat mission: Rescue at Mon Calamari. I quickly identify two cargo crates identified as Calamari, but for some reason the Alliance doesn't board it, which gives the Ties plenty of time to destroy it. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Does anyone still have the official strategy guide? What tips does it give about this mission? :confused:
  5. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    FYI, some breakthroughs have been made in OPT editing for XWA recently...visit the XWA Upgrade Project forums for details. :)
  6. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
  7. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Have you patched the games? Some patches fix mission glitches.
  8. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I remember looking but not being able to find these on abandonware. :(
  9. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    The Xwing series is by far my favorite of the Star Wars games. I played through each of them and their campaigns (some games, more than ones) and loved it all. This is one series that I wish we could get more games for. They just don't make space flight sims like they used to.
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9