main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Yogurt

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by mirrax, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Lots of new products out there, but I found Glow in the Dark Go-Gurt today. The tubes glow in the dark, with a different picture on each flavor. Pretty cool (it's about the only new stuff I kind find out here - no new figs, ever!!)

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Wow, sounds mildly toxic yet entrancing.

3. Swiski66

Swiski66 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! I saw those too. A few of the stores by me had the Episode II Cereal, the Fruit Roll-Ups, and the Frito-Lay products with Star Wars character designs. I was also surprised to see Target selling the Topps Attack of the Clones trading cards already. They had a bunch of the collectors tins with 7 packs inside, plus they had around 6 regular shelf boxes, with 24 packs per box at $1.99 a pack. I was tempted, but I'm going to hold off for the best prices on the 23rd.

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, I saw the Frito-Lay stuff and the Go-gurt and also AOTC TCG starters and boosters at Big K-mart on Moreland and National. Tempting...

5. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think some stores have been shelving things they shouldn't be. We found a whole bunch of stuff that when scanned at the register said, "DO NOT SELL" but they did anyway. I found a very cool puzzle with the bounty hunters from EP1 and EP2 on it (of course) and now..I suppose I'll have to put it together though it comes in a very attractive tin decorated with a wide assortment of baddies (..my favorites of course) perfect for storing all those extra odds and ends (all Jar Jars and extra ewoks) that you don't want to throw away but don't need to display. Oh btw, We actually /take/ the figures off the cards. (..listens intently for the screams of anguish and disgust) so we need storage. Why do they always make figures hold something they cannot possibly hold without those clear little rubber bands?

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    [face_ralph]

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I've always wondered that myself - so, while I too take my figures off the cards, I usually leave the little rubber bands on if it looks like a gun might not stay in the hand so well without it. I don't see much point to leaving the figures on the cards... I never intend to resell the figures...

8. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    >>Wow, sounds mildly toxic yet entrancing.

Just what I was thinking, Bobafemme! I'm not a big fan of movies going along with food and the like. I don't think it's "selling out", I just think it's dumb. Do we really need E2 cereal? No. Do we need E.T. Cheetos? Nope. Does anybody else agree with me on this?

9. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I agree with Solo44....the merchandising done with today's films is just disgusting and so much of it is cheap (in quality, that is). Give me a decent collectible item, like a statue, poster or action figure, and I'll be fine but cereal and cheetos! No way!

10. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    My wife just bought me a bag of Episode II Lays Patato Chips.

I'm scared to think whats next if SW goes after other markets...

Star Wars "Padme Pads"
    Star Wars "Sebulba Supositories" (sp?)

and on and on and on....

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    [face_spew]

12. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    When I was working on the re-release for Pesico, Frito-Lay had a lot of wacky ideas about Star Wars. One was to make the chips green, and call them "HUTT CHIPS". Not only was this a gross color-bright green- but the idea of it being like a cow chip was just dead wrong. Most people would be surprised by how bad marketing gets at this level.

I will be discussing this most wierd issue at MSOE's Convention on the 27th. If anyone is interested.

I will also be bringing my book of unfinished, non produced things. Like the infamous YODA backpack. You have to see it to believe it!

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    "Most people would be surprised by how bad marketing gets at this level."

I wouldn't. Marketing people are completely insane (present company excepted, of course). The worst part is letting them critique my artwork using words like "horsey," "spastic," and "bitmappy." Just once I'd like to say "The word is pixellated, you retarded troglodyte!" :mad:

14. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    BYOB_Kenobi

I have never thought of you as "horsey",
    bitmapped maybe?

The stuff that comes out of theses so called brainstorms makes one wonder.

AHHHHH Advertising!

15. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    No no no... The marketing director told me she wanted a Flash animation I was doing to be "less horsey and spastic." The word "bitmappy" came up when she couldn't understand why the text on our website didn't look smooth and clean the way image-based text does.

"The stuff that comes out of theses so called brainstorms makes one wonder.

It's more of a light drizzle than a storm, don't you think?

16. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    As Han Solo would say-

"Kid if you're comparing these so called brainstorms to the weather, it's more like a lite spritz!"

Tom, have you ever seen some of the stuff I've done. I can't remeber if I have shown it at Filmcon or not?

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Y'mean like the Pepsi Yoda posters? Or is that not your work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.