main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars

Discussion in 'Communications' started by HL&S , Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Actually, pure-tone red on any background other than a pastel red is straining on the eyes for everyone to at least some degree (as are pure-tone blue and green except with their respective pastels) which is why there is a distinct lack of use by anyone who has more than 5 minutes of web design experience.

As to the topic at hand, my opinion is that it should purely come down to a cosmetic decision. Is the look of the pages negatively impacted by the use of the stars? None of the issues around "will people spam" or "elitism" are of such a great impact as people would like to think.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Well, there are different shades of red.:p

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL Nostalgia

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
  5. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I don't see the harm.

To be honest, short of allowing unlimited spam, I doubt there's anything the mods can do to encourage posting at this point, there simply isn't that much to say on topic. The SW franchise is in hiatus and has been since ROTS left theaters. I'm as guilty as anyone of not posting much since then.

However, I'd love to see the registration date hidden in the profile.

6. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    What a Pleasant surprise when I logged in to see the Return of the Stars, I quite like being a 5 star blue general.

Please keep them, I don't think spam is that much of an issue anymore. And I find myself not coming here or posting nearly as much as I used too, mostly because there isn't that much new Star Wars news these days.

7. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    Not a fan of stars or coloured text, but then I'm not here that often so I say whatever floats ya boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.