main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Star_Wars_Freak_2006's Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Star_Wars_Freak_2006, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by my page. I've been drawing since I was old enough to hold a pencil. I have done several Star Wars works, and I intend to do more and will post them as I create them. Unfortunately they don't turn out as well when scanned and look a lot better in person, as most art tends to do. But I hope you enjoy, nonetheless! And thanks again for taking the time to see my work!

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/kylehickman1/PalpatineDrawing.jpg] Emperor Palpatine, Colored pencil

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/kylehickman1/YodaColoredPencilWorking.jpg](Work in progress) Yoda, Colored Pencil

2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Star_Wars_Freak_2006! [:D]
    First: Welcome to Fanarts!

LOL, scanners like to make pics look stupid... [face_devil]

But he couldn't corrupt yours much, they still look awesome! =D=

Very well done, you've got talent!
    Palpy looks very creepy with his yellow eyes and the evil grin... *hides*

Good use of colors and nice shading on both pieces!

Looking forward to seeing more! =D= :)

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi there Star_Wars_Freak_2006, and welcome to Fan Art! Wow--terrific work with the colored pencils (...one of those mediums that makes me insane...)--great saturation and shading, and the likenesses are fabulous! Palpatine looks positively manic here...it makes me shiver, lol! ;) And we all hear you on the scanner issue! I've found that messing about with the piece in an imaging program can sometimes help appearance (to lighten, darken or sharpen--all of which can sometimes be helpful)--scanners themselves tend never to truly capture what we see in our sketchbooks or on the Bristol board!

That said--these two look wonderful to me, and we'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more from you! Again--welcome!

FF

4. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    wow you certainly nifty with those coloured pencils, I especially like the picture of Palpatine, a very good likeness, and those eyes are so menacing!
    Welcome to fan art btw :) Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful work :D

5. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Jan 28, 2004
    Thanks guys I really appreciate your compliments!

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    As FalconFan said, welcome to Fan Art, Star_Wars_Freak_2006! :D

We have yet another great artist who uses colored pencils in our midst! And I must say, your renditions are outstanding! Palpatine's likeness is uncanny and I love the graphic feel you've given Yoda so far. Nice attention to detail in the eyes and the little creases in his skin. Things like that really help to bring a drawing to life! I hope you get around to finishing him soon! I'm really interested to see how the finish pans out for you. :)

7. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Jan 28, 2004
    Well, I'm one of those artists who starts something, but then leaves it alone, sometimes for years at a time before finishing. I haven't touched that Yoda drawing since Thanksgiving of 2005. I will finish it, eventually, and you guys will be the first to know! The Palpatine was much more recently done, around Christmas, and I think that is obvious. My skill has improved. With each drawing, I get a little better.

Thank you guys so much for your feedback!

8. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Very well done on both accounts! =D=

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Tee hee! I see I'm not the only one who starts something and then lets it sit for years before getting back to it(if I get back to it at all). I don't know what it is, but it's something that I've always had trouble with. Hopefully you'll be able to come back to it someday. It's really turning out nice so far! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.