Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    As part of a fresh start for our little micro-community (we really needed to open the windows in the old, musty one ;) ), we get an all new thread! And of course, to start us off completely fresh, you all get a cup of best Starbucks (TM) coffee.

pause
    What's that? I'm missing something out? Do you really want one?
    sigh
    Ok then, you get a brand new poll, in time honoured Starbucks tradition. Take it away!

1. What do you think of the title of this thread?

2. What aims do you have for the rest of this year?

3. Where do you see yourself a year from now?

4. Name one thing that you'd think would make the world a better place.

5. This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.

6. Describe one place you've been this year, and what you thought of it.

7. Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.

8. Which of those members do you most wish to see return?

9. Pick one Starbuckian and describe them in three words.

10. And of course, we must have at least one Star Wars related question to finish this poll off with.
    AOTC: Will it be good or bad? Will Lucas bring us a film worthy to stand alongside ANH or ESB?
  2. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Stupendous..absolutley brilliant!

Pass my sophomore year of college, hope that things start looking up in NJO.....uhhhhhhh (that isn't saying any spoilers).........sleep?

school, still here, chatting with my buds..why are we taling all this philosophical stuff? HEY GET QGT BACK HERE NOW!!! just kidding CA i swear!

happiness

5. This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.

since when can we post graphics?

Nowhere, and dark my creative juices are DEAD! just kidding just kidding..i've been to umm Northern Virginia and uhh Williamsburg..wierd temperatures...lots of tourists..what more could you want?

7. Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.

THX Darth, Sasha Sawyer (i think although she does pop in from time to time) and i want to say Jedi Callie...the last two i never really knew *shrug*

Sasha or Callie

JJJ-umm..bubbly, Celebration Bound...AHHHHHH can't do it the restrictions are too hard!!! I LOVE YOU ALL~~~

10. And of course, we must have at least one Star Wars related question to finish this poll off with.
    AOTC: Will it be good or bad? Will Lucas bring us a film worthy to stand alongside ANH or ESB?

dear god or ghost of all things dear to Star Wars Fans (my east asian class today was hvaing trouble telling the difference betwen a god and a ghost )...YES PLEASE

later
    Priya
  3. taramidala Chosen One

star 4
    This sucks. I want the old thread back. :_|
  4. Katriel Jedi Master

star 4
    Now explain to me again why there are social threads all over the JC but we've been relegated to the Misc. Forum with the line by line crap?

5. JD Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    If we need to specifially talk about the original trilogy, I could do it 'till the cows come home!! (As some of you 'oldies' probably know well)

Hang on, I think my cattle ARE home.....where does THAT leave me??
  6. callista35 Jedi Knight

star 3

Fine for now, but how will it age? I'm reminded of a can of grated Parmesan we discovered in my mother's cabinet that was "freshness dated" 8 years prior.

To transform my body into a place that feels good to live in, so that I can run and dance and clean house without pain.

Finally feeling knowledgeable about the project I've been working on for the last 9 months; being much more organized at home; being kinder to people in general.

If we'd all be willing to believe the other person's point of view is just as valuable as our own.

Maybe later.

I walked around inside the caldera of an active volcano, otherwise known as Yellowstone National Park. It was primal.

me, Hunter of Winds, thxDARTH

Hunter

jade51999: stream of consciousness

Good. Yes.
  7. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL Callista35!!

that's me!!

ER Fans..ACK ACK ACK ACK What an awful show!!!

horrible!!!
  8. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *fires up the cappicino machine*

Anyone up for french vanilla with me?

:)
  9. Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling

star 4

Very nice

I don't care, I've passed my half-term exams, nothing else matters yet! ;)

I'll be living in a student house with three mates, probably single again looking at how my current relationship is going...

This thread. But we've already got it.

[image=http://www.midnitemadness.com/Products/pervpres/lovewe.jpg]

University. Keele, England. Great!

Only just got here. I'll have a cup of tea. ;)

How am I to answer that? ;)

Commander Antilles - "He's A Brit". That's enough for me to respect him.

Don't go there...
  10. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    This is like the Starbucks sell out thread......
  11. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5

Could be better, could be worse. The only prblem is that when this thread lasts more thana year, it will be outdated.

Pull up my post count, do well in college.

Sitting in front of a computer, I guess.

The ability to stay up all night without eventually crashing.

[IMG]

New Haven, Ct., the city of my birth. It's really nice, and the Yale campus is beautiful as ever.

Wow, thanks, CA, highlight my newbness why don't you. Umm, I can only think of Hunter of Winds for sure. Was Jedi Callie a Starbucker?

I hope you didn't mean deceased.

Hunter of Winds was cool.

Tim - What is normal?

Could go either way.
  12. KongZilla Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't understand? Is this an actual Starbucks sponsored thread? I hate Starbucks. Down with corporate coffee! It's called Small, Medium and Large you snotty little twerp! Don't try to correct me. Grande! ¡Su es un moron grande si usted piensa que jugaré por! Hail to Coffee flavored Coffee!

So who's gonna start the Anti-Starbucks? Nobody? Come on, it's not over yet! Nothing is over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? I say we take back what's ours! Come on! Who's with me? Let's GOOOOooooooo!!

Well, I'm certainly not going to actually do it. I mean... I don't want to get in trouble or anything.
  13. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    *sniff* We have to get moved, and have to break in a whole new thread, and now we get invaded.
  14. JD Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Okay, let's have a look around. New place, new furniture. Hell, it's even got that new SMELL that places have. Or is that just fresh paint?

Pity about the landlord killing the lease on the old place. *sigh* We never even got the chance to say goodbye before the wrecking ball came in. Bloody developers??

G'day to anyone who've managed to find us on the new block. A special welcome to the new people who haven't tried the coffee in here before.

Oh! Same staff!! Hey waiter!! My usual gallon of Jet Fuel to wake me up thanks!!

Now - to the all-important poll (since I've missed a few)??..

What do you think of the title of this thread?
    Yeah, not bad. 'Bout par for the course I guess?? But whadda we do NEXT year??

What aims do you have for the rest of this year?
    How long have you got?
    Seriously, my main aim is to get an extension to our house under way AND finished before the end of the year. It's big, increasing our house by about a third. My wife wants to get a builder to just come in and do it but I don't trust any of them as far as I could throw them.

Everyone asks me "Well what do you know about building a house?" (Which is virtually what I'll be doing) My answer: "Nothin'???yet!!!"

My whole point is that we could save at least a third, possibly half by doing it myself which could give us the option of upgrading the car. Sure it'd take a bit longer?..(then again, the builders around here???..) but I think it's worth it. Any opinion anyone?

BTW Tim, would you know anywhere I might pick up some building materials? Mate? Pal? Buddy?

Where do you see yourself a year from now?
    Either enjoying our new bit of house or very flat under a pile of unsuccessful brickwork. Also been tossing around the idea of a career change - AWAY from maps - believe it or not!!!

Name one thing that you'd think would make the world a better place.
    If everyone could learn to treat each other how THEY'D want to be treated.

This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.
    Ahem?..
    A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that the teller's name is Patricia Whack. So he says,

"Mrs. Whack, I'd like to get a loan to buy a boat and go on a long vacation."

Patti looks at the frog in disbelief and asks how much he wants to borrow. The frog says $30,000. The teller asks his name and the frog says that his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's OK, he knows the bank manager.

Patti explains that $30,000 is a substantial amount of money and that he will need to secure some collateral against the loan. She asks if he has anything he can use as collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny pink porcelain elephant, about half an inch tall. Bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patti explains that she'll have to consult with the manager and disappears into a back office. She finds the manager and says: "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000. And he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what the heck is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says:

----wait for it----

"It's a knick knack, Patti Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a
    Rolling Stone"

:D :D :D :D :D

Describe one place you've been this year, and what you thought of it.
    Let's see?..hmmmm?.wife?.three kids?..mortgage?.where've I been? Absolutely bloody nowhere!!!

Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.
    Sasha Sawyer. Our illustrious founder. Currently wandering cyberspace looking for a home. I've tried enticing her back a couple of times but no luck.

Jedi Eowyn. Starbucks equivalent of Deep Thought. Every comment was intriguing, thought provoking???.and usually WAAAAYYY over my head!!! :D

Hunter_of_Winds.
  15. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't really havetime to read through all that, can't stay long, gotta go now.

(Why is that wherever I go, things are changing? :confused: )
  16. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    THIS IS BULLS*%+!!!!!!!!

Three years of tradition, over 300 pages trashed for admin egos and something to do on a boring day! This is seriously wrong.
  17. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL!! JD!!

Was JEdi Callie a starbuckian??

as for those wanting to make an anti-starbuckian thread..*shrug* we don't care..i mean...this is a fine establishment meant to bring people to gether (while we talk about Star Wars)

heh...
    alas!
    this new place is hoppin..i hope we have enough help to serve everyone....

eek i'm late for class (ha ha)
    Priya
  18. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Admin egos had nothing to do with this, Wormie. Take the drama elsewhere.

Vertical
  19. Valiowk Chosen One

star 6

Always thought it nice and interesting perspective.

The typical response that I give everybody: Study harder and get better results (especially for geography and Chinese) in school.

(Very hopefully) on Singapore's International Mathematical Olympiad team, but I don't think that's likely for next year. Maybe 2 years later.

If only we slowed down for a while instead of rushing on and on and on at the pace of a bullet train without appreciating life.

Another day, perhaps. It's late for me now.

Pulau Ubin, an island off the coast of Singapore. Relatively undeveloped as compared to the rest of Singapore, but a beautiful place to reflect on the achievements and progress of the world.

Hunter of Winds, Sasha Sawyer, Jedi Callie

A tie between Hunter and Sasha. I really can't decide between them.

Hunter of Winds: Earned my respect.

While I'm not putting my hopes on an ANH or ESB level yet, I think that it will be good, and will show us what we want to see.
  20. taramidala Chosen One

star 4
    Hey Vert. Give it a rest, okay? For once? Take *your* drama elsewhere. I've got enough drama in my own life, I'd rather not see it occur in a place of escape, and see one of my friends get hurt or upset in the process.

And to those of you wishing that THXDARTH and Hunter would return...well you must all have either faulty or selective memories. Both were VERY misleading to several members of Starbucks, all of whom are friends of mine. I'd reconsider wishing them back here. Strongly reconsider.
  21. Obi Have Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just popping in to say hello. :)

I'm sure most of you don't remember me, but, I used to frequent this OT Starbucks thread a long, long, long, long, time ago. :) Wormie posted about what happened at the ezboard Starbucks, so I thought I'd come here to help celebrate the opening of the new Starbucks thread.

great poll, CA, I'll fill it out later.
  22. Obi Have Jedi Knight

star 2
    and of course you are all welcome to visit the sister Starbucks ezboard! Valiowk, Wormie, CA, JD Jedi are frequent visitors. But, more the merrier. I'll try to provide a link to the board.
  23. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, it doesn't exactly make your day when your friends start jumping down your throat over some idea you had to improve a forum.

But whatever. If you want the old thread back, ask Kadue to reopen it.
  24. taramidala Chosen One

star 4
    Oh, cry me a river, CA. And why do you want Kadue to reopen the thread? So he'll get in trouble for it? If you suggest it be reopened, go do it yourself. You're the one who closed it in the first place.

I don't care whose genius idea it was to move us in here, all y'all still could have told us first.

I don't have time for these games anymore.
  25. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, is it surprising I'd rather have Kadue handle this from now on, given comments like yours, Taramidala?

I closed those threads, in agreement with the rest of the staff, to try and improve the CT forum, and thought that Starbucks could have a fresh start too. And what happens? I get people I thought were friends going ballistic over it and implying I'm indulging in some sort of admin power trip from it. So is it any wonder I asked Kadue to reopen the threads if he sees fit, since I'm sick of the whole sorry business?

In any case, I'm feeling pretty disillusioned with this place and certain members of it right now, so don't expect to see me back here.

Tim, Trace, Kadue, Jade, JD, Thran, I wish you the best of luck in the future. It's been nice knowing you. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.