main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I beg your pardon, taramidala? Do I even know you?

What good would 24 hour notice have done?

And might I suggest, if you're so concerned about the welfare of this thread, that you cease to fill it with your self-righteous indignation, and take this issue to Private Messages so that this thread isn't contaminated with this crap, and turned into exactly what it doesn't need to be.

I'll discuss this with you via PM, but not here, because I am trying to respect the concept of this thread.

Vertical

2. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Hello all.....
    I have always wondered what went on in the imfamous Starbucks thread, so I thought I would stop by to say hi and bring doughnuts to the new thread opening. :D

However, I see this is not a good time, so I will come back later.

But I will leave the doughnuts. ;)

3. Funky_Naked_Jawa

Funky_Naked_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2001
    1. What do you think of the title of this thread?

Intriguing. Now when you say 'freshly ground', you DO mean Coffee right? Right?

2. What aims do you have for the rest of this year?

As the last survivor of the tribe that yielded the last great Jawa hero Net Kkik, I feel it is my obligation to spread the glory of my naked funkiness across the land! Boo-Yah!

3. Where do you see yourself a year from now?

Hopefully I won't become a part of the afore-mentioned "Freshly Ground" process!

4. Name one thing that you'd think would make the world a better place.

For all Jawas across the galaxy to hike up their robes and prove to everyone once and for all why we are TRULY the proud and the free!

5. This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/pics/Cards/1997_Series_3/sw175.jpg]
    "I've got a boogie!"

6. Describe one place you've been this year, and what you thought of it.

I've been to Mos Espa. Aside from the hillbilly Tuskens with their buckshot rifles...its a pretty nice place.

7. Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.

Can't help ya there. Never been to the old Starbucks.

8. Which of those members do you most wish to see return?

What? Your ears don't work? I said I ain't NEVER been there. Sheesh. ;)

9. Pick one Starbuckian and describe them in three words.

One Starbuckian eh? Okay...how about Dirk Benedict. He was a Starbuck wasn't he? Three words only? Okay. GALACTICA 1980 SUCKED! (How's that?)

10. And of course, we must have at least one Star Wars related question to finish this poll off with.
    AOTC: Will it be good or bad? Will Lucas bring us a film worthy to stand alongside ANH or ESB?

Are there gonna be Jawas in it? If so then it will be a garaunteed success! All-Hail!

4. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    So let me get this straight....

We now have a new thread to replace our perfectly good old thread in an obscure forum opened by an admin who will no longer be around.

Ok.

5. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Why does who started it matter? Why does the forum location matter? It's in the correct forum now.

Vertical

6. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    Why are you so defensive Vert?

7. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    It's just a question or two.

And I'm 'defensive' because I'm 'defending' (aka explaining) the decision.

Vertical

8. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Ben Kenobi *sniff* We have to get moved, and have to break in a whole new thread, and now we get invaded.

Gee Ben, I appreciate the warm welcome. Please excuse the intrusion into your private little world.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut on that matter...

But I would like to see our old thread back.

Like many have said before me, what will happen next year?

To find a major.

Still at college.

peace.

5. This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.

Two guys walk into a bar. The third one ducks.

Have I been anywhere this year, except for college? Oh yeah, Toledo. Big, nice Star Wars exhibit ( :D), Jeep plant... what else did I see?

7. Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.

thxDARTH, Hunter of Winds, Sasha Sawyer

Sasha

Does it have to be just three?
    Priya: Great to hang out with. :D

10. And of course, we must have at least one Star Wars related question to finish this poll off with.
    AOTC: Will it be good or bad? Will Lucas bring us a film worthy to stand alongside ANH or ESB?

It will be very good, and it will be worthy enough.

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    whoa guys!!!

ok first of all...

hey Kong Zilla..

Ben was being sarcastic..its the way we are...

WELCOME!! TO ALL HERE!!

As for everything else!! for pete's sake..its a different link!!!!! geez..the other thread was giving me problems anyway....so sometimes you gotta move on!!!

geez louise!!!
    hey JJJ i have one more thing to be jealous of you...go to Sw.com they're playing the themes with the INdy philharmonic...:) I WANNNNAA GOOOO!!!

NOW EVERYONE STOP NOW!!! AND WELCOME TO THE NEW STARBUCKS!!!

mtfbwya!!!!!
    everyone kiss and make up!!!

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Yeah, I just saw it... I told my mom and she was like "I don't know... You mean they want to get more money out of us?"

AUGH!!! I'M SO GOING TO TALK HER INTO IT!

12. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Actually let me apologize. The only reason I peeked into this thread was because of the controversy surrounding it. I sound like I was really offended, but I'm not. I mean after my goofy post trying to jokingly start a revolt I should have expected a roll of the eyes in response.

13. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I think it's safe to assume I missed something. Ben threatening to quit and leave again?

14. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    It's about time we had some excitement in our thread!!

Some of you are angry over the move, some are going with the flow. To me, it doesn't matter anymore. The JC has not been the same since the summer of '99. Too many egos running the boards around here (and that's not directed at CA or Vertbecause they moved this thread).
    Sadly, it's just different now. I don't hang around as much because of the little power struggles that occur in other forums. However, I really thought we'd be immune here-maybe we still are. Don't sweat the small stuff- it'll only sour your experience here.

Not only that, we're back in SW Misc. which was the stomping grounds of my old days at the JC.

Also, I miss Hernault, Hunter Of Winds, Jedi Callie, Jedi Eowyn, Padmewan McGregor, Sasha Sawyer

15. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Toshi..i guess i could understand if i'd been here before...:) LOL!!!!!!!!!

he he..

KongZilla (okie i'm glad we cleared that up! ) tension makes me unhappy sorry guys..the drama is fun..but *shrug*

Later gator's
    Priya

16. TK414

TK414 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Hello to all.

Question: where is Admin going?

17. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Weeeeeelllllllll, allrighty then!! This is new, but as they say, "A change is as good as a rest," right? :)

Looks like most of the "regulars" from our previous home have checked-in. <waves Hi!>

Welcome to the new folks! In this thread, we enjoy all things SW and life in general, so pull up a chair and place your order. And NO, we are not affiliated with the corporate chain of coffee shops. The Starbucks name was actually a fluke. The founder of this thread couldn't remember the name of the coffee shop from Seinfeld and randomly picked the "Starbucks" name instead, lol.

And a big WELCOME BACK to Obi Have, Callista35, and Toshi Station! :D

It's cute.

Get settled into my new job and maybe think about taking a class or two to finish my degree.

Well, I'd like to be making plans to move into a larger house......but sitting in front of this computer was a good answer too, lol.

Tolerance.

See? I can never remember a joke when someone asks for one!

Basically, what JD said: home, work, preschool, pediatrician's office.......

SASHA SAWYER, BARBRAFETT, JEDI CALLIE

CALLIE!! I miss Callie! (Do you still keep up with her, T?)

Aw now....you know I can't pick just one. ;) But I do have Wormie to thank for the introduction of jello shots. [face_blush]

The previews look good. I doubt that anything will ever equal the CT in my mind, but I plan to enjoy AOTC for what it is!

18. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Yeah, tension just messes up a thread.

KZ, feel free to hang around here if you want. I'm glad you're not really offended. :)

19. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    KongZilla kicks ass.

Vertical

20. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    No, Trace. I haven't talked to Callie in over a year. I tried to email her this fall, but the mail got sent back to me, saying she'd deleted her AOL account. And the only other addy I knew for her was one she stopped checking years ago. :(

21. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Hello everyone. Just popping in to say hello to our fellow evictees!

It's sad that two of the longest running threads in the OT forum were forced to move but what is done is done. We know where we stand now and that's important but lets not let ill feeling and the past potentially make this a sour place to be. Our role here is to make both these threads (Starbucks & Shaving Habits) work.

I think the admins/mods are surprised about the amount of disappointment and frustration felt by many members. I hope they learn something from that. I'm sure they believed they were doing the right thing. Sometimes what seems a good idea on paper doesn't always work when people are involved. That is the sole reason I feel that when things like this happen it makes sense that the people involved should be consulted but hey ho that's another story.

Good luck in your new home guys and more importantly don't let the mistake of others ruin what you have!

DA

22. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    This is what happens when you don't pay attention to the username logged at the top of the page. Sorry, Trace!!!!

-QGT

Please see below:

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Do you know just how hard it is to get a cab driver to come to this part of town? But, hey, it doesn't really matter if they only speak three words of English, they'll go anywhere for a $20 tip. (BTW- those three words are "LOOK AT SIGN"- referring to the sign on the back of the driver's seat that states: "DRIVER ONLY SPEAKS THREE WORDS OF ENGLISH".)

Good thing I was born in the hood and can roll with the punches. First my work location moves, then my favorite web-board... I expect any day now that I'll come home and find my planet has moved, and then where will I be??

...Children of Starbucks are never alone.
    For I know we shall find
    Our own piece of mind.
    For we have been promised
    A land of our own.

That's how I see this. I can see both points of view, and yet I feel it just doesn't matter where we are, just so long as we are all together- continuously building upon our friendships and relationships, keeping the flames of compassion, communication, humanity, and understanding constantly stoked. Many of us have invested so much time in each other and have developed bonds that should not be put asunder by petty disagreements with neither those who govern, nor those who care about us.

"I can't believe he's gone..
    I can't believe you're going...
    I can't believe this family must die..."

-from Rent

Yet this is the quote that suddenly comes to mind as I see us tear ourselves apart over this.

So, as for me, I am ready to make the most of this. I pray that you, my friends, will stand with me and do the same.

So, I give you my resolutions for the Starbucks of 2002:

1) I resolve to bring you all the tackiest and most urbane humor that I possibly can.
    2) I resolve to be twice as insane as I have been in years past.
    3) I resolve to be compassionate and sane (as I was above) only when absolutely necessary.
    4) I resolve to skip resolution number 4.
    5) I resolve to use the words 'salitorial' and 'cuisse' much more often.

So, there! Now I'm dropping this sane-sounding talk and reverting back to my normal "insane merf" persona than you all know and love.

BTW- thanks to those who used me in the "three-words" question, I am now installing an eight-foot tall entry door in my house just to fit my inflated head (and ego) inside.

JD: I can get you the lumber cheap, but the shipping charges are going to kill you!!! Let me know if you need any help gathering information as you build. I can help you out with span tables and such, and if I don't know the answer to something, I can always find out from someone who does.

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES!!!!! It's always nice to have fresh blood here. Jump in and join in the melee of conversation, please.

Thanks to all for the congrats about the promotion. I really appreciate your kind words.

BTW- This may be old news to y'all, but I just found about the hidden content in the Ep I DVD. I couldn't get it to work on my player, but my nephew got it working last night on his. (You know, enter 1138 with your remote while in the OPTIONS menu on the main disc.) (Hmmmm.... so what would I have to enter to get special content on the Caligula DVD??? - Just kidding..... maybe.)

OK, but, hark!- didst I detect a poll??

I like it. But I did turn it upside down and look at the expiration date on the bottom. It said: EXPIRES: DEPENDS ON THE STRENGTH OF THE FRIENDSHIPS WITHIN.

Get the new lumber yard up and going, get some muscle tone and great abs on this aging frame of mine, see just what I look like with a beard (working on that one already- Trace hates it), try to be a better father, husband, friend, and brother, OH, and get my own continent.

Pulling my hair out trying to run the new lumber yard.....hehehehe. In a bigger house...and a better body.

4. Name one thing that you'd think would make the world a

24. callista35

callista35 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 1999
    DA: Thanks!

Trace, Tim, JD, Jade: ((((HUG))) No reason ... :)

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    *sob* I LOVE YOU GUYSS!!!!!!!

i have a flair for the dramatic..i know..

sigh..i just had a phone converstaion with my little sister that was consisting of her speaking entirely with an indian accent...

ack i couldn't stop laughing!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.