main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    1. What do you think of the title of this thread?
    It works.

2. What aims do you have for the rest of this year?
    Get a new job, pay off all my bills, buy a condo or house, and vacation in style.

3. Where do you see yourself a year from now?
    Please refer to question #2. I'll most likely be overworked, underpaid, broke, but have a great tan.

4. Name one thing that you'd think would make the world a better place.
    chocolate....and fewer mods

5. This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.
    I attempted to link a pic but it wouldn't work so never mind

6. Describe one place you've been this year, and what you thought of it.
    Key West. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Dolphins in the bay, crystal green waters, sipping Margaritas under the palm trees

7. Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.
    At-At Commander, Eaglejedi, and until two days ago...Callista35. Welcome back Callista. :)

8. Which of those members do you most wish to see return?
    All three, and one already has so now we just have to get the other two back.

9. Pick one Starbuckian and describe them in three words.
    Qui Gon Tim: Certifiable, Entertaining, Creative.

10. And of course, we must have at least one Star Wars related question to finish this poll off with.
    AOTC: Will it be good or bad? Will Lucas bring us a film worthy to stand alongside ANH or ESB?
    With Jar Jar still around, I have my doubts but I really hope its good.

2. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    *opens the door silently and peeks in with much caution*
    Is everythign alright now? It seems a bit hot a moment ago. Anyway, I brought donuts too. :)

Suddenly I feel kinda guilty because I wasn't as emotionally attached to this thread as the rest of you. I only came to Starbucks a short time before the move. I hope I'm still welcme here. I thought this was a friendly place.

Now for the Qs:

1. What do you think of the title of this thread?

Not bad! As for the year thing, surely we can finish it before 2002? :)

2. What aims do you have for the rest of this year?

Study harder. Start studying, in fact. 8-} And hope I chose the right thing to do.

3. Where do you see yourself a year from now?

At uni.

4. Name one thing that you'd think would make the world a better place.

Love? [face_love]

5. This isn't really a quiz question, but find an amusing joke or picture to post.

Maybe you have seen this one, but it's so funny! A pic on a SW site. click here

6. Describe one place you've been this year, and what you thought of it.

I moved to central Auckland--noisy! 8-}

7. Name three members from Starbucks who are no longer with us, for whatever reasons.
    8. Which of those members do you most wish to see return?
    9. Pick one Starbuckian and describe them in three words.

I haven't been in Starbucks long enough to answer those.

10. And of course, we must have at least one Star Wars related question to finish this poll off with.
    AOTC: Will it be good or bad? Will Lucas bring us a film worthy to stand alongside ANH or ESB?

This is a tough one...and to be honest, I don't know. I really, REALLY want it to be good (and face it, who doesn't?) but I know there is a big possibility that it's gonna suck, like TPM did. And I'm so scared of that. I hope they don't screw it up. Or at least make it better than TPM. It won't be as good as ANH or ESB, but if it's as good as ROTJ, I'd be happy enough.

3. callista35

callista35 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 1999
    Hi Katriel! *waves* :D

4. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    NOW for priya's movie review of the day..

The Count of Monte Cristo

Don't worry, no spoilers..just this...expect an enjoyable movie with an alternate reality ending...(if you've read the book :))

[\end discussion of movie for today]

good night
    and mtfbwya!

5. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    That was beautiful, Tim.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Wormie: As Han said to Leia in TESB- "Don't get all mushy on me, princess."
    Just kidding, really. Thanks. BTW- I'm jonesing for N.O. right now, yet I haven't the time to go. (And I don't think my liver is up for the trip yet, either. It's still recovering from my New Year's Eve round of jello and tequila shots.)

OK- I can now answer the trip question. Where did I go?- Jonesboro, Arkansas.
    What did I think? I gotta get some salesmen over here and pimp out some building materials!!!!! That little town has really grown since I last visited.

Well, Superbowl Sunday is upon us as I write this. I, being the complete sports-fag that I am, couldn't give a flying fu..er, fig about the blasted thing. The best part is the commercials. The half-time show this year should suck royally- Mariah Carey is performing. I bet Whitney Houston is kicking herself about right now and thinking, "Damn, I wish I had known they were looking for washed-out has-beens this year!!!" One of the DJ's on Rock103 (Memphis) brought up the possibility of starting midnight showings of Ms. Carey's gosh-awful movie and trying to make it into some cult thing like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He said maybe people would behave the same and throw toast at the screen or something similar. His co-host told him that people would throw things at the screen, all right- to tear it down. And what's with this squeal-disguised-as-a-
    super-high-note thing that she does?? I've heard similar sounds out of pigs when you slaughter them, and I've never heard anyone call their squeals music. Anyways, I am breaking my personal rule of never going after already-wounded prey, so I should stop now.

Enjoy the game, for those who are watching. I already know who won:

THE NETWORK- THEY MADE A FORTUNE ON ADVERTISING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    HEY TIM!!

Mariah sang the National Anthem!!

My boyz Adam, Larry, Dave and Paul

aka ( Adam, Larry, Edge and Bono)

U2 baby

The only reason to watch the super bowl (besides watching the patriots kick butt so far..)

he heehe
    Priya

8. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    G'day all,

Tim, thanks for the offer and I think you're right about the charges. Hmmmmm.....maybe if I build my OWN ship first!!!???

I might take you up on the offer for info about spans and such. I've got an idea for one room but it means the main roof beam will be one loooooonnnnng unsupported beam. I'd like to do it in wood since the other rooms are currently wood, but I doubt I'll get approval for it. I assume it'll have to be a steel beam which I could clad with thin wood panels or (more likely) just paint the damn thing brown.

I'll work out the size I want - converting to bloody inches for you - and if you could tell me how far I can take the thing it'd be good. Does this make your internet time anything closer to being 'official' work 'coz I could probably keep you busy for DAYS!!!!

Actually you'd be surprised (well, YOU wouldn't, but most others might be) how MUCH info there is about how to build your own place, especially if you're going to DIY. So I'll see how I go and may actually hassle you for real if I get stuck.

Lil_Lisa!!! Someone actually in a timezone AHEAD of me for a change. My other half has an Aunt in Auckland, living in Onehunga. That's pronounced On-ee-hung-ah for all you yankee heathens. (Saying that I hope *I* pronounced it right) Tucked somewhere close to what WAS One-Tree Hill. Anywhere close to you? BTW you should have just gotten an email from someone you've never heard of before in Australia (about 3pm your time). That's me :D Enjoying the cricket??

Howdy, howdy to everybody and I'll try and get back here soon. (This was a VERY rare chance lately)

Cheers all
    JD

9. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    Everything seems to have calmed down for the time being (or is this the calm before the storm?!!)

If this brews up again, then I'll have to invoke the Tobey Maguire/Cheri O'Teri axiom from SNL - "Simmadownna!" ;)

Glad to see just about everyone made the transfer. Everything'll be cool again.

I'll check in later.

10. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Hey Priya, was U2 good in the show? I missed it.

I hope the Patriots win. My aunts also think it would be cool if a team called the Patriots won the Superbowl. I want them to win because I'm from New England.

Tom

11. Ben Kenobi

Mar 27, 2000
    Woohoo!! PATRIOTS 20, RAMS 10!

:D :D :D :D :D

12. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Ben, U2 was awesome!!

as for the Patriots winning I think you and Katriel got your wish..

man was that a great last 5 minutes! in fact what an awesome GAME!!

back to stargate!

13. Ben Kenobi

Mar 27, 2000
    I wish I'd seen it now. Im reading about it on foxsports.com, it sounded great. I was multiplayering Jedi Knight with a JC friend who's leaving soon, so I didn't watch.

By the way, y'all can just call me Tom if you want, since a lot of you seem to use first names.

14. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Yankee heathens?

THE PATRIOTS RULE!!!!!!! Damn what a game!

As for the pregame.....Mariah was really toned down but looked good. The Barry Manilow/Yolanda Adams/Wynonna/Patti LaBelle/(who was the 5th person again?) was really good. And of course....The Boston Pops! :D

I thought the way the Pats came out of the tunnel was so cool. Rather than being introduced one by one they just came out as a team. Very very classy. That's when I knew they were ready to win.

I'll have to call in sick on Tuesday to go see the parade. This town is going to be so much fun for the next week or so.

15. Ben Kenobi

Mar 27, 2000
    That's right, you live in Boston, Kat. I forgot. <<high fives>>

16. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    YAY PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    I didn't watch. Heard the ads this year were kind of a let down though.

18. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Actually, a few of them were pretty funny..

and i thought the first Brittny pepsi add was kind of cool (although i hate the girl)...

The fifth Person was Marc Anthony...

hm..it was a great game..he he
    later..:0

19. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    The Britney ad sucked. But then...so does she. [face_plain]

20. Toshi Station

May 5, 1999
    I thought for sure the Rams were going to stage some kind of comeback and ruin my evening.
    However, hats off to the Pats- they did to the Rams what the Rams always manage to do unto others.

21. Toshi Station

May 5, 1999
    You know, I was checking around the Misc. forum and we're definitely the hottest thread here. The only thread to give us any competition could be the "Star Wars Gals Only" forum.

22. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    *wanders in and takes a seat*
    No, I'm not dead yet, and no, no hoping either.

So how's it going all? *takes up a cup of coffee and sips, mmm hazelnut mocha*

I see the thread has moved, and I agree, it should be here, seeing as this is more of a social club than an OT discussion forum.

I'd answer the poll, but I will take senority privledge not to answer any polls since I used to make them all up till Tim stole my chair. :p

I've noticed a drop in the quality of threads, at least intellectually and maturity wise, too much teenybopper fantasy crap. Which I shall (like I discussed with CA) dub "Fanticrap" from here on out, why you ask? Because I CAN!

I'm nearly a quarter century, just turned 24...my..the years...I feel old :(. *sniffs*
    When you start referring to things as teenybopper kid stuff then you definately know you're getting old. Weep for me, please. :D

Anyways, I'll come back and post later after I get caught up to date on all that's happened.

---Your loving Grand Admiral
    Thran

23. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    To all the newbies who wandered in while some of us were still pouting (yes, I was pouting), welcome to Starbucks. Please feel free to join the conversation at any time.

GAT, long time no see. 24 really isn't old at all. Trust me on that. You think you feel old now, just wait a few more years.

Today was a lot of fun. Everyone here is still on the Superbowl high. I can't tell you how many people called in sick today. Evidently they drank wayyyyy too much. I can't call in sick tomorrow to see the parade. My boss already warned us today not to do that. Drat.

On a normal day I go to work wearing "business casual" which is usually chinos and a sweater or blouse. Today I wore a snazzy new suit because I had another interview. So it was sorta obvious I had something going on, but one of the underwriters who is not at all known for her subtlety exclaimed at the top of her lungs, "DON'T YOU LOOK SMART!!! WHERE'S YOUR INTERVIEW?" She said it loud enough that my boss probably heard her. She is truly clueless sometimes. Now I have to really dress up tomorrow too and keep 'em all guessing.

Interview #2 at the firm I want to work at went well. They had me to a PRS which is a personality profile to see whether I'm best suited for sales, marketing, or underwriting. There were 250 questions and some of them really made me laugh they were so silly. One of the questions that was really funny was "Do you undress in the same order that you dress?" I'd never considered it before but I do do that. Then they had one of those sections where you have to find the next sequential number or letter. God I hate those. It felt like I was taking the SAT all over again. By the end of that section I didn't care and just filled in whatever looked good. I'll have the results of that test by the end of this week. The woman I'm interviewing with said to me, "Oh don't worry. The results won't come back saying that you're an axe murderer." Great, that's really comforting.

Priya, what are you listening to these days? I haven't bought any new CD's in a while and I need some suggestions for good ones.

I got a Border's coupon via email. You save $5 when you spend at least $50. I don't want to buy $50 worth of stuff all at once so I went and bought a $50 gift card which cost me $45 and now I can slowly run it down as I buy stuff. Wily, ain't I? :D

Cal, how are you? And how's Dave?

24. Wormie2

Feb 22, 1999
    Well, I'm still pouting!

Anyway, welcome to the new people.

25. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hmmmm...havn't bought a new cd in a while, but i must say i'm listening to the new REM (which has been out for a while) more and more, the coldplay cd is EXCELLENT....

Oh and well that Brit. :) Craig David is awesome...(also been around for a few years..just hit the USA this past couple months..)

some song i love right now?
    The Calling: Wherever you will go...
    the song off the Ameerican Pie 2 soundtrack..If I could be like that..

oh yea..and the songs from the buffy musical :) he he

I can't wait for the new vanity fair issue to come in!!! i'm excited!!

Priya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.