main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Welcome back, Trace!! We saved your seat.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Steja: Consider yourself lucky. Trace is napping at the present moment, so hopefully her evil will be excorcized before you see her tonight.

What a day. Nothing like having your ears drained to just make your day complete. Of course, it beats the crap out of vertigo.

3. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    And it keeps getting worse..
    From the itchy throat to the nose stuffed/running, toan achy achy feeling............

ugh..
    SOOOO MCH HOMEWORK TO DO!
    :(

4. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    Hi! :)

I have a little free time and an interesting story to tell about sci-fi, so I'm going to tell it. The story is about Star Wars and Star Trek. I'm making it a link so any anti-Trek people can avoid reading it.

A Sci-Fi Experiment

5. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    G'day all,

And a big hello to the new folk (even though I get the idea some of you have wandered into our little caffiene niche before)

Hey B-fett!!! It's been awhile!! I've opened your link and will read it once I've finished here.

Well the saying is 'kicks like a mule'......well how about changing it to 'kicks like a steer'??!!

Anyone who's seen photos of our two steers will know what they used to look like and how big their horns used to be.

Well all I can say is they've got BIGGER!!! And since they're bigger they eat more, don't they?

Well push came to shove today and since we're in the middle of a record drought we just simply haven't got any feed left and can't afford to keep supplementing them.........so they went today.

We actually managed to find someone who'll take them ALIVE (they live in just about the LAST rain belt left in Victoria) but geez.....they didn't wanna go!!!

After and hour and a half of coaxing, bribing, chasing (even literally THROUGH two fences) we managed to FINALLY get them into this guy's tralier.......but not before I copped a beauty in the thigh from the stubborn one!!!!

I'm currently limping around like Captian Ahab and a bit sad that they had to go, since we'd had them since the day after we moved out here to the sticks. But I guess them's the breaks when you try to do a bit of 'farming'......using the term very loosely and probably raising much mirth and hilarity amongst any real farmers who may be reading. (Only thing is....in my experince here farming and Star Wars don't seem to got together..........by God they're a boring lot!!!!)

I'm hoping to attack ANH a bit more tonight so stay tuned!!!

..........pardon me now, but I've got some fences to fix.......

Cheers all
    JD

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    JD: You poor, poor man. I hope that leg gets better soon. Did she kick you or get you with one of those horns? Either way, it still hurts. I was kicked in the head by a cow once. Luckily, she was sort of at the end of her kick when she got me, so it didn't do any real damage beyond a big ol bruise. (I kinda-sorta really just knocked my head into her fully-extended leg like a complete idiot. I'm sure it didn't affect my mind. That was the last time I ever went cow-tipping.) I met Trace the same week. Obviously it was God's way of kicking some sense into me. It made me realize two things: 1) I'm not cut out to be a farmer. 2) Cows are only good for eating.
    My grandfather had to sell off some of his cattle this week, too. His health is declining, and they were really nothing but pets to him. He still has several head, but he's going through a bit of seller's remorse right now. Are you feeling the same way about giving up your's?

Barbara Fett: That was hilarious. Thanks for sharing it with us. How have you been? Long time, no see.

7. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Sorry to hear about that, JD. I know it's hard to let animals go like that. We didn't raise cattle when I was growing up, but we did raise pigs. Yeah, me...a pig farmer...go figure. I think some of the saddest times were when a sow (mama pig) would give birth in the middle of winter and there would be maybe one too many and it couldn't get warm with the rest of the little ones...and it would get too cold. Sometimes we would catch it in time...and be able to bring it in and get it warmed up before it froze to death...but there were other times we were too late and it would die right there in front of you. As a little boy, that always made me very sad. Now, I realize that it's just a part of nature. My folks quit the pig business a long time ago...thankfully. So, no farming for me, thanks. It's a tough, tough business. I have all the respect in the world for farmers and their families. It's a hard life, especially in today's economic times. Maybe you can mend those fences and get a couple of smaller cows or something, JD. At least, ones without horns.

Hope everyone's doing fine this morning. I'm off to church...so save my seat.

8. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Barbara--That's cute :) thanks!

ok feel better now..only the hw hasn't disappeared..:(

alas!

anywhoo..getting kicked by any animal can be painful..so i'd just say take care of yourselves!

9. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Very good story, BF. :D

I'll have a medium Intergalactic Tea to go, please. Make it so!

10. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    JD, I'm sorry you had to let the cattle go. Those guys were wicked adorable. I still have the pics of them you sent me. Its nice to know they've not gone off to be someone's bbq.

Jade, you poor thing. I hope you're feeling better.

Barbara! Hello :) Great timing on your story. CA and I were just musing over "First Contact" which we both think is a fun movie. I really don't like Earl Grey tea though. Its a bit too bitter for my taste. Maybe with the blue milk it would taste better.

I can sympathize with everyone who's sick. I still can't seem to lick the pericarditis. I went and saw my cardiologist on Thursday and the inflammation of my pericardium has increased since they last saw me. Gave me an EKG and an echocardiogram. The echo didn't show any obvious fluid so they sent me home. I'm scheduled to go back on Tuesday to discuss the results and probably change my meds a bit. I just want this to be done with but all I can do is be patient and take care of myself.

In truth, its all a big pain in the ass.

11. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    yeeks!

(((((HUG)))))))))))0

12. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Has anybody else been watching this new show on ABC called "Veritas: The Quest"?

I've been very disappointed in ABC's choice of programming of late, but I hope they keep this one on. Check it out sometime.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, as if things couldn't get any worse, I was about ten minutes from the office when I started having major pains in my left side. I made it to the office just in time to tell my boss what was happening and that I needed to go to the E.R. He had one of my coworkers drive me there. Of course, after all the crap I've been through this month, it just had to be a kidney stone. After a couple of hours in the E.R., they sent me home, saying that I was going to pass it soon. Well, luckily they were right. All I can say is that I hope this is the last ordeal for me for the rest of the year. I've had it with my own body.

14. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Congratulations on your delivery, Tim!!

*passes out little kidney stone cigars to Starbucks patrons*

15. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone. :D

Good lord Tim! I do hope you recover! I have heard that a kidney stone is one of the most painful things imaginable!

//feeds Tim soup and painkillers//

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Steja: How do you determine what sex a kidney stone is? Only thing I can tell you is, thank God, that it's gone! And thanks for handing out the cigars after my successful delivery.

Jedi-Mind-Trick: I'll take the pain meds, thank you. Although, right now, I'm feeling much better. My wife, Jedi Trace, was quite happy to finally have some degree of revenge for having gone through childbirth twice. I think she was glad that I finally got my share of the pain. They use this pain scale in the hospital, asking you where your pain is on a scale of 1 to 10. This was a 12.

17. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Tim, I highly suggest you stay in bed tomorrow. Except for a meteorite crashing into you, not too much else can happen to you if you stay there.

Had my second visit in a week with my cardiologist today. Definitely free of fluid (yayyyyyy) but still very much inflamed (boooooo). That means new anti-inflammatories for me including a steroid (ick) and a wonderful little sleeping pill so I can relax at night. I've been having trouble sleeping because it seems that my pericardium is rubbing against my ribs causing a nagging pain when I lie down.

JAG was good tonight. Harm totally compromised the case in every way. He should have dismissed himself from it early on. Funny how they manage to rationalize his actions every time.

18. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    UGh..havn't seen it yet..trying to write a paper on a book i don't understand in anyway whatsoever..and its due at 3 tomorrow..
    oh well what can you do!

g'night all

Tim--kidney stones stink...(((((HUG))))) lots of fluids!

19. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    <<I was kicked in the head by a cow once>>

OK, two reactions........

The first was to shake my haed and say "Tim, Tim, Tim, this isn't the sort fo thing you go telling people...."

The second was to put on my best Shrek voice and say "Well.....that explains a lot!!!"

Anyway, glad to hear about the birth!! I'll bet Trace[/i] was reallllyyyy sympathetic too!!! (Probably with a big grin on her face during the moments when you were doubled over in pain....go on Trace...admit it!!! :D )

I guess putting on a 'Stones' album about now isn't a good idea........

20. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    I guess it would help to actually go and READ a post before the edit time runs out...........

21. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    I have a question for y'all....

About these "Disaster Planning Tips" the government is handing out...how seriously are you taking them? Should I really be hoarding duct tape, plastic sheeting and bottled water? I feel like they do this crap just to freak people out. I must have read too much news today because its working.

22. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Duct tape!!! You can NEVER have ENOUGH duct tape!!!

23. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Well then move to the US JD. Our government is telling us to stock up on it. I gotta stop reading the news. I'd rather be oblivious.

24. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    We've been sent a warning from the Prime Minister himself (on two single sided sheets - no less!!! HOW MUCH paper could've been saved by DOUBLE-SIDING the damn thing!!???) along with an info booklet and......wait for it.......something to strike fear into the heart of any would-be terrorist.........

A fridge-magnet!!!

Whoo-Hoo!!! NOW I'm safe!!!

25. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Actually, someone else who lives in Oz said that the gov is sending everyone gas masks. Is that true?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.