main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I've got a good story ("So what's new?" I hear you all say) about an accent mix-up when we were on our honeymoon in Noo Zullund. If I get the chance I'll write it up.

Hey! Shouldn't we be:

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2003

by now??

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I agree. Since CA is GONE 8-}, I think we should start a new thread. <runs for cover>

3. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I've kinda wondered that, too...but didn't want to speak up...being semi-nude and all...I mean...semi-NEW and all...whew.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    This would be version, what? Five or six? I've lost count.

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    *likes the sound of a new thread*

Yeah...

Starbucks: The Star Wars Community Edition, 2003

Why doesn't somebody make one? ?[face_plain] ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a day ;)

6. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    My opinion on starting a new thread: I like things to have a sense of completeness, so I suggest taking this one to page 100, then starting a new thread.

7. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Sounds good.

With a bit of luck someone'll scrap up a new poll to kick off page one......

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I think this is the fifth incarnation since I started posting in Starbucks almost three years ago. I've been having trouble getting here. About half the time I get a stupid server message saying that the board can't be found or has been deleted by the admins, which I know isn't the case. We've never done anything bad enough to deserve that. Well, not this week, at least.

I think it is about time to start a new one, but I think Barbara Fett is right, we ought to at least let this one survive to see page 100.

C'mon, Y'all. Post up!! Maybe with a new thread we can attract even more new blood for the sacrifice.... er, I mean for the survival of Starbucks.

Please Note: Starbucks is not a cult. I repeat: Starbucks is NOT a cult, and it's esteemed members are completely normal and are not bloodthirsty vampires. Really, you gotta believe us. We haven't eaten anyone since we were all snowed in here when TF.N first switched to Snoball, and nobody has really missed Darth Don King, and he was kinda annoying anyhow, so really, when you think about it, it was a public service instead of cannibalism. Hehehehe. Did I say cannibalism? Silly me. I meant....uh... HEY LOOK!! IS THAT A UNICORN?!?

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Just doing my part to up our post count.

Ugh. I'm watching the crappy remake of The Time Machine on Skinamax right now. The only good part of the blasted thing is Orlando Jones' portrayal of the library computer. Other than that, it's a complete piece of dung with a cast. I like the OLD version much, much better. I wish that Hollywood would realize that, even though they can outdo the special effects in old movies, that it's not a justifiable reason to do a remake.

Just imagine the remakes we'll se when we're all in our sixties and seventies.

Ugh. I just can't friggin wait.

10. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    Trace, NJ is a big state (believe it or not). Where in Jersey will you be? Newark is such a crap airport but it might be the best one. Then again Philly isn't too far away either. Definitely don't fly into NYC if you don't have to.

I wouldn't worry about your accent. People will ask you where you're from but that's about it. The big thing you'll notice about the north is that no one has gun racks on their pickups.

Is there any special trick to keeping an aloe plant? I have one here that's in a nice sunny spot but it looks very unhappy. I've tried moving it around the house but its still unhappy. Can anyone offer some tips? I hope to God I don't kill it.

In one hour I will be 35 years old. So far nothing has fallen off or is drooping. I guess I'm doing okay.

11. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Was that the recent version with Guy Pearce? I was contemplating watching it.....but maybe not now. I'm a big fan of the original too.

12. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Hey, is this the version of The Time Machine with Aussie actor Guy Pearce?

If so...

The open sequence of him teaching at a university was shot here. :D

Trace, I would imagine Newark airport would be easier for you, since the reunion *is* in Jersey.

Trust me, getting out of Queens would be a bitch and a half.

Edit: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAT!

13. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Thanks T. Funny that we're all here tonight.

How much snow do you have? Its not snowing here yet but we're supposed to get anywhere from 12 to 18 inches. I'll spend my birthday making snow angels.

14. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    I remember Guy Pearce from the tv show "Man from Snowy River." He was so damn good looking. He was good in "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" too.

Didn't ABC make a cheap remake of The Time Machine about a year ago with Treat Williams and Jason London? The acting and effects in that one were really bad.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAT!!!

OK, the only other good thing about The Time Machine was Jeremy Irons. But then again, Jeremy Irons could act the frickin' phone book and make it interesting.

Birthday Girl: We'll be at Manasquan, New Jersey sometime in July, best we can figure. I've never been any further north than St. Louis, Missouri (at least as far as the eastern half of the US. I've been to Oregon and Washington State on the west coast. I was five at the time, so I really don't remember anything.) This should be quite an experience.

Oh, and we currently have zero inches of snow, with a 100% chance of zero accumulation tonight.

16. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    <<Jeremy Irons could act the frickin' phone book and make it interesting. >> [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Too true....too true.....

Happy Birthday KAT!!!

17. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    <<Jeremy Irons could act the frickin' phone book and make it interesting. >>

Funny, that's what's been said about Claudia Black from Farscape...by her fellow actors and producers.

I believe them.

:_|

No snow here yet, Kat. Though they keep saying anywhere between 8 and 16 inches...LOL, can they not make up their minds?

BTW, QGT, thanks *so much* for coming to our story conference last night, as we'd previously arranged. SO glad I decided to stay in! :p

K, all y'all, I'm turning in. Papers to write in the morning and all that. :)

18. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Turning in? It's only a bit after 4 in the afternoon here......

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    QGT rubs head and acts all male and stupid. Uhhhhh...... Sorry, T. I have a really good excuse. And I'll give it to you just as soon as I think of one.
    Actually, I didn't even wake up til 3:30 yesterday afternoon. We ended up treking through downpour and flood to Trace's parents' house last night to get the kids, where we waited out some of the bad weather. I'm sorry, OK? Forgive me? [face_blush]

I spent eight hours today building a K'Nex toy roller coaster with Emma today. It was like reliving my childhood days of playing with Tinker Toys and Legos. We had a great time, but it really made me miss my childhood dream of designing roller coasters and carnival rides, or at least designing and making toys. I probably would've been quite good at any of those. All overgrown children like myself would be quite good at any of those.

But at least I'm not opposed to still trying to have a happy childhood!!

Watching a flick right now called She Creature. It's a monster film that I think is in the same league as the classic monster films. A little gory, but still good.

I really need to get my butt in bed.

Who's idea was this "work" crap anyway?

20. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    That's about the same as something I say EVERY day......

"I've had enough of this workin' for a livin' caper......"

21. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    It's just past midnight here. I'm up way later than I should be.

Thanks for the happy birthdays. :) Mucho gracias.

Manasquan is on the Jersey shore. It should be really pretty. On Mapquest it looks like Newark is the nearest airport yet its still 53 miles away.

22. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I wasn't up as late as you guys, so I missed everybody being on at the same friggin' time.

Happy Birthday, Kat!!!

I'm truly sorry it's a little late. I also hope nothing has dropped or sagged since last night :)

Later.

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey agree wait till we get to page 100 and then start a new one..

I suggest it be Tim :)
    hehe

Kat i'm sorry i'm late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm trying to remember how long i've been posting here..its gotta be about 3-4 years 2000ish i believe!

wow :)

ahh nostalgia..how i love thee

so snow sucks..and my school sucks..
    Norther VA got a crap load and so did the Shenendoah so James Madison and George MAson, not to mention all the other Colleges near us got off

but did W&M? NOOOO forget the fact that i fell twice on the way to class and its friggin cold..

stupid blimy administration..ARGH!

Priya`

24. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Hey it's snowing! A lot! One of the power companies here has already warned they may lose power.....time to find the flashlights.

I hope you're okay Priya. Falling isn't fun. They should have given you the day off so that you could go out and play in it.

Needless to say I'm not going out tonight. That's okay. I get to stay home and be a sloth on my birthday.

25. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    The following is an ad from a newspaper that appeared four days in a row, the last three hopelessly trying to correct the first day's mistake. Sounds like the newspaper from the small town I grew up in...

MONDAY:

For sale: R.D. Jones has one sewing machine for sale. Phone 948-0707
    after 7 P.M. and ask for Mrs. Kelly who lives with him cheap.

TUESDAY:

Notice: We regret having erred In R.D. Jones' ad yesterday. It should
    have read "One sewing machine for sale cheap. Phone 948-0707 and ask for
    Mrs. Kelly, who lives with him after 7 P.M."

WEDNESDAY:

Notice: R.D. Jones has informed us that he has received several
    annoying telephone calls because of the error we made in the classified ad
    yesterday. The ad stands correct as follows: "For sale: R.D. Jones has one
    sewing machine for sale. Cheap. Phone 948-0707 after 7 P.M. and ask for
    Mrs. Kelly who loves with him."

THURSDAY:

Notice: I, R.D. Jones, have no sewing machine for sale. I
    intentionally broke it. Don't call 948-0707 as I have had the phone
    disconnected. I have not been carrying on with Mrs. Kelly. Until yesterday
    she was my housekeeper, but she has now quit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.