main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    LOL. I love that.

We have 15 inches of snow so far and they say the heaviest snow has yet to reach us. Oy Vey! At 9:00pm the governor will decide whether or not to declare a state of emergency. If he does declare one then I probably won't have to work tomorrow. Yippee!

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    OK, it's official. We have the WORST colors in the entire JC!! Community has the white-ish "Hoth" background and the "Saga" forum has these awesome blues and greys. How did we end up with 'mustard' and 'dirt?'

3. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    LOL! I hadn't thought of it as mustard and dirt. I was thinking more along the lines of Malaria Yellow...or perhaps Jaundice Yellow.

Just got thru watching Joe Millionaire. I think he chose the right one. I was really afraid he would pick Sarah. Ugh.

4. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I look at it as sort of a coffee and cream sort of color. ;)

5. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Which one did he pick? We only saw part of one episode with Sarah and stopped watching when we had to mute the volume for adult content when our kids were in the room. <sheesh!>

In case you ever wondered how a Kindergartener relates to Star Wars........

Emma was watching AOTC tonight and it got to the scene with Anakin and Padme leaving Naboo. Emma asks, out of the blue, "So, we don't see Luke Skywalker in this movie?"

I answered, "No, those are Luke's parents. Remember? They get married at the end of the movie."

Emma nodded slowly and said, "I get it now. Episode One is called number one because they aren't married yet. And Episode Two is when they get married."

I'm thinking Okaaayyy.....

She continued, "So, we don't get to see Luke Skywalker born?"

"Well," I answered, "that might be in Episode Three. We haven't seen that movie yet."

She thought for a minute. "So how does the baby come out?"

"Ummm....." [face_shocked] moment of parental panic!!!

"Um, well, um.......we'lljusthavetowaitandseethemovie, won'twe?"

ACK!!! No, we haven't had "The Talk" yet. She's 6!!! And surely if I watch enough episodes of A Baby Story on TLC, she'll figure it out...right???

6. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Time to get one of those "How to tell small children about where babies come from" books. Didn't she ask any questions when you were pregnant with Rachel?

Evan picked Zora, the girl from New Jersey. They're a perfect match as far as backgrounds go. She comes from a very poor family.

7. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    And did she bitchslap him on national television for being a fraud?

8. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Sarah was okay with Evan's decision...she secretly wanted the butler anyway. He makes more money.

9. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Our seven year old has worked out that the baby comes out of the Mummy's tummy.

But I'm dreading her asking the question of how it got IN there in the first place..... [face_plain]

10. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    I am wide awake. Ooooo boy I hate tossing and turning. I even took a sleeping pill and it didn't work. We'd better not have work tomorrow or I'm gonna be a hurting puppy.

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    And now for stuff that I missed... [face_blush]

Tim: I hope that you are doiing better from your kidney stone.

Ah, the Terror alert witht the duct tape..... [face_laugh] There is no way that duct tape and plastic could save you, and anyways, if you completly shut yourself in the house, you would eventually run out of air.

Trace: And if a kidney stone is a 12 on a pain scale of 1-10, childbirth is a 75.....trust me. :p
    Don't tell my sister that! ;)

JD: That was a thoughtful gift to try to make for your wife on Valentine's day. Too bad you couldn't get it to work. (Maybe I'll try to make one later, I love origami.)

Trace: Yay! The girls finally got to play in the snow! :) They would have a field day here, we have over a foot in our yard. :)

Hey! I like the new version of The Time Machine! Of course I haven't seen the old one, nor have I read the book.... ;)

Happy Birthday Kat! :)

Priya: so snow sucks..and my school sucks..
    Norther VA got a crap load and so did the Shenendoah so James Madison and George MAson, not to mention all the other Colleges near us got off

but did W&M? NOOOO forget the fact that i fell twice on the way to class and its friggin cold..

stupid blimy administration..ARGH!

We finally got off from school today. Good thing too, it wasn't really advised to be out on the roads today. I was shocked when I heard it this morning, I thought Hell had frozen over! :eek: (Plus, I get tomorrow off due to President's Day. :D)
    Sorry that you fell, hope you are okay.

Kat: I was afraid that he would pick Sarah too. Glad he did pick Zora.

LOL JD and Trace! JD, I hope you can figure out how to tell her before she askes. Trace, yeah, hopefully if you watch enough of A Baby Story, Emma will get it. (Kat's right, didn't she ask any questions for Rachel?)

I agree, we should wait until this thread reaches 100 pages before we close it down.

Okay, I promised it a long time ago, and I came up with good answers for these questions, and I have the computer now (my mom has been downloading songs ever since we got cable on Wednesday), here it is!

QGT?s ?There?s a First Time for Everything: An Actual Serious, Thought-Provoking Poll About Star Wars? Poll.

1.) Star Wars ushered in a new era in visual effects, changing film, as we know it. What other Star Wars inspirations, be they technical, mechanical, or artistic, do you think will come about in the future?

Well, not only did it usher in a new era of visual effects, it also helped Star Trek come to the big screen. (And how I love rubbing that in to my brother-in-law.) Probably more and more films will be using the digital cameras, especially the films that require more special effects so it would be easer to put the film into a computer to do the special effects.

2.) Spoilers: Do you think people take too much stock in spoilers that are posted on the boards, especially when considering that we all have a basic idea of what will (and has to) happen in Episode III?

I plan to be spoiler free for Episode III. Yes there are those who take the spoliers for real, even though we know what happenes, and the spoiler might be for something that contradicts our thoughts.

3.) The title Attack of the Clones spawned much controversy when it came out, mainly because of its complete campiness. Give us an idea of what you think the absolute worst title would be for Episode III.

A title I saw in a comic strip: Die Jedi, Die! How about Star Wars: Episode III - Give Me All Your Money, NOW! (More practical one: Challenge of the Sith. Oh wait, that's the title of a Fan Film by a group of my friends... ;))

4.) Of the surviving Jedi in Episode II, who do you think will be the last to die? (And Yoda and Obi-Wan DO NOT count!!! We know they die four and two movies later, respectively!!)

I agree with those who said it before: Mace. He has got to be the last to die. It would suck if he was kille

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Ugh. That's my signature word this week. I started typing this really, really long post regarding an upcoming event for the Memphis FanForce. Like a complete dunder-head, I decided that I just had to throw in a friggin emoticon that, of course, I couldn't remember how to do, so I hit the little "markup codes" link. I copied the little bugger I wanted, and hit the back button only to find that the damn lengthy post that I had taken almost an hour to compose had friggin vanished!! AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! So, one weary hour later, I finally finish my second draft, but this time being a bit more intelligent and using Microsoft Word.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Thanks for the well wishes, JJJ. I'm doing much, much better now.

And somehow, Emma never asked about how we got Rachel. Doesn't Fisher-Price make a Little People Maternity Ward playset? It would help if they did. Of course, then they'd have to make the Fisher-Price Family Mortuary,(or would it be Fisher-Price and Sons? - a little inside joke for all you Six Feet Under fans!), and that would just bum out a lot of preschoolers.

Then they'd have to have the Fisher-Price Family Counseling and Rehab Center for all the Little People who are either grief-stricken or who have post-partum depression!

How the hell did I get on this subject?

I think it's time for bed.

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Emma was only 4 when we were pg with Rachel and she never asked how the baby got there. And then when she asked how the baby would get out, we simply told her that, "Mommy goes to the hospital and the baby comes out of her tummy." It made sense to her and we left it at that. (Yes, we're wimpy parents. And, like JD, I'm reaaallyyy dreading the issue of how the baby got there. I don't think I knew until I was pre-teen age, but kids seems to grow up so much faster now. :()

ANYWHO, I can't believe Tim didn't mention this! There is a sci-fi con here in Memphis every year and our FF has been invited to participate: booth, panel discussion, stuff like that. One of the special guests is Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) and he will be visiting St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital and wants to be accompanied by SW characters in costume.....THAT'S US! OMG!! I knew that he would be there but I didn't think I'd get to meet him!! [face_shocked]

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    And ~*~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAT!!!~*~ :D

15. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Thanks Trace. That's so cool about your FF. Not only do you get to meet Michael Sheard but you also get to show off Tim's awesome costumes. That sounds like a lot of fun.

We got 27.5 inches of snow. I've sent you all pics of it. We're not even close to done as far as shoveling goes. I'm really not supposed to shovel so my job was cleaning off the cars with a broom. Even that was really hard work and took me about an hour. I've already called in to work and told them to fuggedaboudit. No way am I showing up there today.

16. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Hmmm...I went to open my email from you, Kat and look at those glorious snow pictures...but there was a problem...hmmmm....oh yeah....you didn't send me an email!!!

17. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Tim, I've had that happen before. I happened to me once recently, then now when I do pretty much the same thing, it doesn't erase the messages. (But I am mad that if you press the arrow key down, it won't move you to the end of the line/post on here. I don't know if it is just this keyboard... You guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about, right?)

Trace, that is great to hear that! We got wind that Amy Allen is coming to Cleveland for a Comic Book convention, and it falls the same weekend as our 1st anniversary, so we are going to give her a shirt, and hopefully make the right contacts so we can get it in the paper(s).

Kat, that's a lot of snow! :eek:

18. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I posted this elsewhere and thought it'd be interesting here as well. (Yes I DO post elsewhere occasionally)

So about a squillion people turned out all over the world on the weekend, ALL for the same reason (which I think we all know)

And the pill we have here for a Foreign Affairs Minister gets up and says on the radio (I can't remember the exact wording so I'm giving you the gist) that since all the protesters are pushing for peace, that means they actually really SUPPORT what the US/Brits/Aust are doing with Iraq.

?????????????????

Errrrmmmmmmm.................... no.

Does anyone else have politicians that think their voters are THAT dumb that they can turn things around THAT FAR to justify whatever they want?

Hang on..... ignore that question... they're ALL like that aren't they?

19. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    JD, not sure whether that would be called damage control or political spin. Politicians are such asses.

Steja, I have now added you to my address book and forwarded the pics to you.

20. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    I am SO there: Film Night

Greetings from the North Pole...or so it seems anyway. I called in to work yesterday because I couldn't get my car out. Turned out no one from my unit showed up. Thankfully they didn't have any phone calls. My boss said she was a bit panicked for awhile though when she realized she was IT for the day.

The roads here are all diminished to one lane. There's just too much snow. And when you come to a stop sign you can't see what's coming down the street because of the snowbanks. You just have to slowly edge the nose of your car out and pray that no one hits you.

So, the Bachelorette is pregnant with Charlie's baby. Gee...which one do you think she'll choose? Hmmmmm.....

21. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Harry Potter?! Kat! Take me! :_|

You guys got a lot of snow again? Wow. :eek:

So that's what some people were talking about in my one class... [face_plain]

22. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    No, we didn't get any more snow. Its just the aftermath of what we did get on Monday.

I'd love to take you. Driving from Eastern Ohio to Western Massachusetts shouldn't be that bad really. I'm not sure what tickets will cost though. I'm aiming for the really good seats so it'll be expensive.

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Joe Millionaire..good pick, although we'll find out next week how long it lasted :)

As for the Bacholerette! you're kidding me! HA!

well lets see...eenie meenie miney mo...

TRACE OMG what Emma said..heh...yea that had to have been an interesting converstation!

Steja! hilarious news ads!

As for the snow.its all gone here, meanwhile in Fairfax Co. My sister got off school for tomorrow AGAIN!

LIFE ISN:T FAIR!
    GET USED TO IT! :)
    time to write an outline on Class!

adioso!
    Priya

24. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    No, I don't think that it would be that bad. I'd be off from school. The only thing is that I need money then. (For tickets and for somewhere to stay.) (I'm getting a job though this summer, but I have no clue where... [face_plain]) My parents would never let me go by myself though... :_|

How come you couldn't get your car out again?

Priya, the snow is all gone for you? Wow.

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Kat: OMG - that snow!! I can't even imagine. Film Night sounds cool...I wanna go, too!

And have y'all heard the rumor that John Williams might not be doing the music for the next Harry Potter movie?!? That's just not right!! Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book and I'm already nervous about how they're going to butcher it in the movie (considering what they did to CoS)...they CAN'T screw up the music! :(

(However, if Gary Oldman really does play Sirius Black, it might not matter. That man is brilliant!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.