main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starbucks: The SW Misc Edition, 2002

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Commander Antilles, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Yea, its pretty sad about J. Williams...if he doesn't but did you notice that he didn't REALLY do the music for the lats movie?

it was just a rearrangement of the music for the first one..and some other guy did that...

priya

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    None of the music for POA?! *faints* NOOOOOOO!!!!!! IT CAN'T BE HAPPENING!! :_|

Priya, he wrote the new music to it, and the other guy rearranged the rest.

3. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    I was close wasn't i!
    :)

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    While we're on the subject of Harry Potter...

WOOT!!! MuggleNet.com has just posted a confirmed cast list for PoA and Gary Oldman is playing Sirius Black. YES!!!

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Dang, it's not Ewan... :( ( ;))

Who else did he play? I'm not familiar with him.

When does CoS come out? I think it's the 21st of April, but I'm not quite sure.

6. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    COS? or chamber of Secrets..yea round then

7. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    I'm so behind on Harry Potter. I still have yet to see CoS for the first time.

Avril Lavigne "I'm With You" This is the song that made me an Avril fan.

It's so quiet. What is everyone up to? I've spent the day working and doing homework. My one break was a trip to the gym this afternoon. We've had freezing rain all day so I didn't feel like going out tonight. Who's gonna keep me company?

8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    OMG I haven't been here in forever. How's everyone doing?

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    CoS comes out on DVD April 11th. :) The next book comes out June 21st.

Gary Oldman...let's see: Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula, the drug-abusing cop in The Professional, Beethoven in Immortal Beloved, Zorg in The Fifth Element....that's all I can think of right now, but he EXCELS in playing dark, unstable characters, LOL.

Sorry, KAT. We were out late with some FF folks (any snow when y'all got home, STEJA?) and then TIM hogged the computer all night looking at lightsabers. A couple of the FF guys have those really neat blades that glow - I don't know what they're called - but TIM has lust in his heart, LOL.

BEN!! Good to see you! We're actually waiting to get to page 100 so that we can start a new thread since this one still says 2002. How's school going?

10. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Trace: Nope...no snow. It was just a nasty, drizzly rain...which made for a loooong drive home. We had major fun last night with ya'll.

Kat: Sorry you were the only patron here in Starbucks last night. You could've played with that toy Yoda. ;)

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes, I have lust in my heart for an EL blade kit so I can modify my Heiland flashgun and make me a Vader lightsaber!

B.K.!!!: Glad to see you around here again!! How's life been treating you?

Steja: Last night was great! BTW- Emma is watching the SW episode of "The Muppet Show". It doesn't get better the more you watch it, after all.

12. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Trace, I haven't seen any of those movies....

Okay, so I was off by ten days. ;)

Hidoe Ben, good to see you around.

Tim, I have a lightsaber that lights up. No, not one of the toy ones. My friend made me two of them for Christmas.

I have that episode of the Muppet Show on my computer. :D

I couldn't make it to the practice for our fan film on Sunday due to the snow. I'm so sick of snow. I had to drive to school this morning in it, and at one point the traffic was moving at a whopping 10 MPH. :eek:

13. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    JJJ: Not even The Fifth Element? That's mandatory Sci-Fi viewing, LOL! :D

They're PREDICTING that we MIGHT get up to 3 whole inches of snow in the next two days. Ooooooo! Schools should be closing any minute. [face_laugh]

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    ...And for once they were right!!

We got a whopping big 3 inches last night. The entire area is officially shut down, including me!!

I finally get to play with my kids in the snow!!!!

15. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Three inches?

Where's the rolling eyes smiley when I need one. :p

You saw the pictures on the news last week, right? They weren't joking.

Three inches. Hmph. You guys are wusses.

;)

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, now!! Considering that most years it doesn't snow at all, three inches is a blizzard to us!!!

17. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    School could be going a little better. :p

Owing to being vastly underprepared for the level of difficulty there, I did not acheive grades high enough to go back. It's a blessing in disguise, really, because now I get a chance to prepare by going to a Community College with the same basic structure, but less rigorous schedult. And I get to work full time for the time being, which is good as I'm saving for a computer. Other than that, life's been pretty much the same. How've y'all been?

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    B.K.: I know how that goes, too. High School was too easy, and I was completely thrown for a loop when I got to college.

Well, our beautiful snow is giving way to freezing rain. Bye Bye snow....hello ice.

19. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey BK!

Doin all right, a bit stressed as this is midterm week and friday starts spring break..

of course i have to be taking the class that has an exame due the FIRST DAY OF BREAK!
    GRRR

:)
    otherwise all is SPAMTASTIC

So my new thing is a completely girl thing...but how many here have read the Anne of Green Gables series? Well my suite mate is going to bring her set back after break but i had the opportunity in the last two weeks to watch the movies..

wow the first two are Fantastic..but the third one talk about major time twisting! Although I did like that it had the origional charachters in it :) whichis always nice..

anywhoo it was great :) nice and heartwarming ....

Priya

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Wow Tim, 3 inches... :p

BK, sorry about what happened.

Priya, I started to read the first book a long time ago for a class, but I never finished it. I did a report on her rather than the book. I did see the house in PEI (That's Prince Edward Island) that the books are based on. We didn't go in it though.

Priya, the band is coming back to Williamsburg. They are competeing in Williamsburg, and staying in Virginia Beach. (Weird I know.) They are also going to go to Busch Gardens. I'm going to ask the band director tomorrow if I can go. Hopefully I can.

21. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    G'day all,

Just checking in to let you all know I'm still alive.

Tim, I don't see how anyone will ever be impressed by three inches..............

OH!! You were talking about SNOW!!??!!

Once again.......you think I was unwell if I DIDN'T say something.....right?

22. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    BK, good to see you. Sorry school didn't go quite as planned but college is really tough.

Tim, Trace & Steja, my boss is currently stuck in your ice storm. She flew down to Memphis Monday night to visit a client of ours in Greenville, MS. Now she can't get out. She called me today and said she feels like she's stuck in the movie 'My Cousin Vinny'. She's hoping to be able to fly home tomorrow.

How on earth do you get a bug bite when the high temperature for the day was 19 degrees? I've got one on my arm and its itchy as HECK! I'm trying not to scratch it but its driving me crazy. Urrrrrrrgh!

Priya, I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. I've read all the books. The first book is the best but all of the series is good. You'll start thinking of certain people as kindred spirits.

The saddest thing I've ever seen is our local newspaper. A good number of the victims of that nightclub fire in Rhode Island are from my area. There's a whole page of today's local paper listing the obituaries for them all. Their ages range from 25 up to 39 years old. Its so weird to see a whole page of death notices for people your own age. The whole thing is just so senseless.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Kat: Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Hang on there one second.... My Cousin Vinny was set in Alabama....and for a reason! We're a few notches higher on the civility scale here. OK, a half a notch- but still higher. If you would've told me she was here, I would've arranged to send her a Grit-O-Gram. (Yes. I'm making that up.) I love how everyone thinks we're back-woods here in Memphis. Y'all obviously have never visited D'Lo, Mississippi.
    All of our pretty snow has succumbed to freezing rain and ice. We have an ice storm warning right now.

JD: I would've been worried if you wouldn't have made that joke. BTW- The snow is cold...

...and deep, too!

24. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    "Impressive"..........

ESPECIALLY in snow!!!!!!

How is life going in the 'spanner' weather? (Or I guess 'wrench' weather for most of you lot)

25. Katriel

Nov 5, 2000
    Tim, I should have clarified....she's stuck in Greenville at the moment, not Memphis. She's hoping to be able to get back to Memphis so that she can fly out this morning.

Y'all are lightweights when it comes to snow. Ice, however, is a whole different animal. We're no better in ice. There's just nothing you can do except stay home and hope you don't lose your electricity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.